ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently we’ve sold all our tickets and had to request more

It's really ideal for fans with proximity. Especially just after Christmas. Don't have to worry about extra time off, or too many extra expenses.
True, but Bowls generally prefer overnight patrons to benefit the community at large — hotels, restaurants, sights to see, etc.. But it’s great for people who just want to do a single day commute to the game — No overpriced hotel rooms and bar tabs. That’s where most of my money went when I did the away games and Bowl games thing. Thankfully those days are over.

Reactions: Lakecock1
True, but Bowls generally prefer overnight patrons to benefit the community at large — hotels, restaurants, sights to see, etc.. But it’s great for people who just want to do a single day commute to the game — No overpriced hotel rooms and bar tabs. That’s where most of my money went when I did the away games and Bowl games thing. Thankfully those days are over.
There will probably still be quite a few that will go up Wednesday and stay, which will help the hotels in the area, especially with the 11:30 am kick.

But, but I thought our team sucked so bad nobody was going to this bowl.🙄

Somebody get a link. I bet the initial allotment was something really low. Happy to be wrong, but can’t see there being more than tepid demand on the Gamecock side

Reactions: Lakecock1
Somebody get a link. I bet the initial allotment was something really low. Happy to be wrong, but can’t see there being more than tepid demand on the Gamecock side
Doubt that was the case. Today, most bowl invites come with a guaranteed # of tickets each school must sell. We have seen lots of cases where the school doesn't sell out their allotment and the conference ponies up to pay for the rest. Not sure why are own fans doubt this or are surprised by it. We have a first year coach that is getting lots of positive buzz, the team over achieved and surprised with a bowl bound season, its a close game against a school we have lots of history with. Makes sense to me.

Doubt that was the case. Today, most bowl invites come with a guaranteed # of tickets each school must sell. We have seen lots of cases where the school doesn't sell out their allotment and the conference ponies up to pay for the rest. Not sure why are own fans doubt this or are surprised by it. We have a first year coach that is getting lots of positive buzz, the team over achieved and surprised with a bowl bound season, its a close game against a school we have lots of history with. Makes sense to me.
Also, USC website says deadline to request tickets is tomorrow yet when you go to the page they don't appear to be taking requests anymore. Odd.

Reactions: Dockside
Goes back to an earlier observation of mine - if we were playing in Birmingham, more people would be staying overnight at least one night and economically benefitting Jefferson County more than will be the case with Mecklenberg County. But there would be fewer Gamecock fans in the stands.

These bowls are sufficiently lower tier that this is what the organizers have to deal with. Probably not the case with a Jan 1 bowl in Florida, and certainly not with those semi-final games in the ersatz playoff.

Glad you're happy to be wrong.

On a bigger scale, how many seats will be allocated at BOA, e.g., will they be using the upper deck?
Was going to point out that they are not selling any in the upper deck (at least that I’ve seen). My guess is they won’t consider opening the uppers unless they sell out the lower bowl.

It’s crazy how far we’ve come in the drop in demand. I think about how hard it was to get a ticket to that 2007 game in chapel hill. If we had played this bowl game in those days, I think we’d have easily sold out BoA Stadium

I have not received even one ticket offer from the Gamecock Club. Full scholly, 40 years. But i didn't have any desire to go after failing to score anything in the Clemron game and we didn't fire Satt. Clemron's other opponents scored in order, 10, 3, 8, 27, 13, 14, 27, 20, 24, 7, and 27. We have some capable players but a clueless OC.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I have not received even one ticket offer from the Gamecock Club. Full scholly, 40 years. But i didn't have any desire to go after failing to score anything in the Clemron game and we didn't fire Satt. Clemron's other opponents scored in order, 10, 3, 8, 27, 13, 14, 27, 20, 24, 7, and 27. We have some capable players but a clueless OC.
no email either. 40 years as well. Ticketmaster has plenty.

Either you are a fan and support the team or you aren't. If you attach contingencies, you aren't.

That is not correct.
Well it is under 5000. The correct number is 3000.

"The SEC negotiated a reduction from 8,000 tickets to 3,000 tickets for each school’s allotment for its secondary pool of six bowls — Outback, Gator, Music City, Duke’s Mayo, Liberty, Texas."
https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/sp...cle_55a4dff6-587a-11ec-9d39-0371849519b7.html

“The feedback that we got was that (athletic directors) didn’t want to be in the ticket business anymore, and that’s understandable from the university side of it,” Ramsey said. “I can market tickets all year long rather than holding two big 10,000-seat blocks for unknown teams and then risk them not being sold in a few days.”

But with the rise of online sales and the secondary market, fans can choose their seat instantly based on a price point. And it doesn’t leave schools with unsold tickets because of outdated methods.

"The SEC negotiated a reduction from 8,000 tickets to 3,000 tickets for each school’s allotment for its secondary pool of six bowls — Outback, Gator, Music City, Duke’s Mayo, Liberty, Texas."
https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/sp...cle_55a4dff6-587a-11ec-9d39-0371849519b7.html

“The feedback that we got was that (athletic directors) didn’t want to be in the ticket business anymore, and that’s understandable from the university side of it,” Ramsey said. “I can market tickets all year long rather than holding two big 10,000-seat blocks for unknown teams and then risk them not being sold in a few days.”

But with the rise of online sales and the secondary market, fans can choose their seat instantly based on a price point. And it doesn’t leave schools with unsold tickets because of outdated methods.
Thanks for sharing this. I had no idea the approach to bowl ticket allocations had changed. After reading the article, it makes sense.

Still shows how our AD is totally clueless. So in this new format, if the school wants a good showing by its fanbase on game day, they have to sell their small allotment (which we have) and then aggressively market to its fanbase to purchase tickets through the bowl's Ticketmaster site. That second piece is new this year and USC has totally failed.

As a Gamecock Club and Alumni Association member, I dont think I have received any marketing messages from USC encouraging me to attend and support the team.

Thanks for sharing this. I had no idea the approach to bowl ticket allocations had changed. After reading the article, it makes sense.

Still shows how our AD is totally clueless. So in this new format, if the school wants a good showing by its fanbase on game day, they have to sell their small allotment (which we have) and then aggressively market to its fanbase to purchase tickets through the bowl's Ticketmaster site. That second piece is new this year and USC has totally failed.

As a Gamecock Club and Alumni Association member, I dont think I have received any marketing messages from USC encouraging me to attend and support the team.
Not one thing for me from USC on tickets etc. 39 year GC member and season ticket holder here.

We will probably go because of the proximity. I'm not into it since Z. White opted out, Howell didn't, and we're rolling with the same offensive staff, but I will probably lose the vote.

Damn. I feel like some people got told ITT.

The only thing tepid is you and your negative views. I bet you are one of life advancers who married, when things got hard you quit, you overextended yourself on a vehicle you could not afford, then it was repossessed. So between divorce and bankruptcy you are a proud person of the millenial generation.

• Haha
Reactions: tngamecock#
The only thing tepid is you and your negative views. I bet you are one of life advancers who married, when things got hard you quit, you overextended yourself on a vehicle you could not afford, then it was repossessed. So between divorce and bankruptcy you are a proud person of the millenial generation.
Haha you are way off. I'm just down on Charlotte right now after making the last 2 trips. I thought a lot of other Gamecock fans were too. I am of the "sunshine pumper" variety

Not one thing for me from USC on tickets etc. 39 year GC member and season ticket holder here.
As far as I can tell, the Gamecock club did not send out emails selling tickets. Not to me at least.

I have 2 email accounts that flow to my phone’s email app. I just looked closer and I received 3 emails from gamecocksonline to my main account about the bowl game tickets, but my email account connected to the Gamecock Club didn’t get any messages. Last email from them was the “how was your gameday experience” survey for the clemson game. I’m sure they got some great answers for that one.

Wow, what a fail on the gamecock club, not sending Season ticket holders any emails to sell bowl game tickets

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT