ADVERTISEMENT

As much as I wanted The Gamecocks in the

waxed_floss

Mar 17, 2001
NCAA tournament, I understand why we didn't make it. The committee had gotten down to, what I read, 28 bubble teams. We were on it. They were looking for reasons why those teams should not make it. Not why they should be in. They looked at what we did and decided we had a reason to be left out. Not looking for a reason to bring us in. I'm disgusted that we are not in but. We need better players so there is no reason.

NCAA tournament, I understand why we didn't make it. The committee had gotten down to, what I read, 28 bubble teams. We were on it. They were looking for reasons why those teams should not make it. Not why they should be in. They looked at what we did and decided we had a reason to be left out. Not looking for a reason to bring us in. I'm disgusted that we are not in but. We need better players so there is no reason.

So, according to you, "They were looking for reasons why those teams should not make it. Not why they should be in." I say BS !!! If that were truly the case, then they sure as HELL didn't look too hard for reasons to disqualify Vandy, Tulsa, Michigan, and Syracuse. Your statement is so far off base that it is laughable!

I admit, I've been trying to justify why we didn't make it....but this definitely didn't cross my mind.

Last edited:
So, according to you, "They were looking for reasons why those teams should not make it. Not why they should be in." I say BS !!! If that were truly the case, then they sure as HELL didn't look too hard for reasons to disqualify Vandy, Tulsa, Michigan, and Syracuse. Your statement is so far off base that it is laughable!
I agree 100%, Lakecock1. I'm not usually one to call out other Gamecock fans, but I just do not understand why fellow Gamecock fans would waste time on FGF trying to convince other Gamecock fans why we SHOULDN"T be in the tournament over Vandy, Tulsa or Syracuse!!! If fans of those 3 teams want to come over and support their belief in the committee's selections, then I would understand. But when our own fans are trying to convince us that the committee got it right, I just can't accept it.

Makes sense to me. Vandy... Tulsa... Syracuse. They went through the teams alphabetically. Once they found reason to leave out South Carolina, the only teams left HAD to make it in to round out the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT