ADVERTISEMENT

Bama defensive line depth

ScWildthing61

Sep 10, 2011
Heard the commentators talking about the fact that Bama doesn't really play their backups on their defensive line therefore they don't have much depth there, it would seem to me that the team that recruits as well as Alabama would be stocked two maybe three deep on the defensive line I remember them talking about this when they played Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl in 2014 it cost them then cost them against Clemson in 2016 nearly cost them in 2015. Not Downing saving but curious what the logic is if not playing multiple defensive lineman against a team that likes to run fast tempo.

Heard the commentators talking about the fact that Bama doesn't really play their backups on their defensive line therefore they don't have much depth there, it would seem to me that the team that recruits as well as Alabama would be stocked two maybe three deep on the defensive line I remember them talking about this when they played Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl in 2014 it cost them then cost them against Clemson in 2016 nearly cost them in 2015. Not Downing saving but curious what the logic is if not playing multiple defensive lineman against a team that likes to run fast tempo.

Seems to me that’s just Saban talking. Give the press something to write down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT