ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball: USC vs. NW Game 3

Weird how this thread was dead up until the 10th inning after abases loaded walk. Very strange indeed.
Because losing 2 of 3 at home to a Big 10 private school with one of the worst athletic programs in the country is fricking unacceptable. This program has gone from a Rolls Royce to a Pinto in a decade.

Reactions: 67gamecock
Everything dysfunctional or underperforming gets more attention than that which is doing what it is supposed to be doing. Those things are called "unremarkable" for a reason.
Thanks Ward. You are right. We respond when things break, not when they are humming along like they should. Why do people not understand that. And right now, baseball is broken.

this team is going to have a tough time scoring. That was the evaluation before the season. It proved true this weekend.

It should score better than last year’s awful offense. But it’s still going to be a struggle.

Northwestern lost the series to Omaha and were 1-2 when they got to Carolina. The Wildcats had only played three games prior to the series this weekend. This series lost just sucks out loud.

Reactions: king ward
On the play where they tied the game up at 3, what's the final truth there? Ray and Kip thought the run didn't count. People at the stadium was confused. Did a rule change this year? Also, why wouldn't Ray dial a phone in our bench immediately and tell them to stop the game until they get that call right.

On the play where they tied the game up at 3, what's the final truth there? Ray and Kip thought the run didn't count. People at the stadium was confused. Did a rule change this year? Also, why wouldn't Ray dial a phone in our bench immediately and tell them to stop the game until they get that call right.
I'll take a stab at it. Because it was a caught fly ball, the runner at first did not have to go. His decision to go being optional meant if a runner could score before the out was made, the run would count. To put it another way, going is a separate play not related to the fly ball. It is no different than a runner deciding pourposly to get in a pickle and buy time to score a run. Once the run is scored, the pickled runner can get out or not. The run still scores. Been that way as long as I can remember. Not a new rule.

Last edited:
Northwestern plays @ South Florida this coming weekend, uh oh. Do you actually think they will win two of three from Kingston’s old team. I say USF sweeps them and make us look even worse. This series against Clemson will be huge. They can pitch but there hitting is worse than ours. We need to go two of three big time to get the year back on track. I say we start Gilreath against N Florida because he just doesn’t have it against big time opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT