ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball

jbouton

May 27, 2012
Less than 5 wks to start. Can't wait. Any one, Batgirl etc, going to practices always appreciate updates.

Almost a month away before our first game and we still don’t have this years roster available. Have they not had there final cuts yet?

I think this decision is still a couple weeks out. Not sure though.
Probably a lot more chatter after signing day. Personally I look forward to seeing Kingston’s brand of baseball, but am cautiously optimistic mainly because of the lack of experienced arms coming back. The offensive lineup could be dangerous though with several veterans returning, and the good things I’ve heard about coach Current as a hitting coach

I wonder who will win the Saturday and Sunday SP spots.
My guess would be Lawson and Morris, just because of their experience, but who knows. Maybe a freshman or 2 that surprise. We’ll definitely need some pleasant surprises if we are going to make a regional or better, since we also need a closer and some setup guys out of the bullpen.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the new staff produces. I'm especially eager to see how the pitching end of things develops. I was apprehensive at the loss of Meyers. That was a monster loss, in my opinion.

I think this decision is still a couple weeks out. Not sure though.
Probably a lot more chatter after signing day. Personally I look forward to seeing Kingston’s brand of baseball, but am cautiously optimistic mainly because of the lack of experienced arms coming back. The offensive lineup could be dangerous though with several veterans returning, and the good things I’ve heard about coach Current as a hitting coach
For sure our new pitching coach will have his hands full due to the lack of return players. Hopefully the bats and defense can keep us going until the arms get going. I too can't wait for Coach K's touch on our program.

Almost a month away before our first game and we still don’t have this years roster available. Have they not had there final cuts yet?

Final cuts in the past have been in the week prior to Opening Day; usually on Wed. and Thursday.

Will be interesting to see with Coach Kingston.

At this point (if work allows) I’m going to try and catch as many practices as possible. Anxious to see what CMK has in store
keep updates coming if you go. Living 90 miles away and work make it sometimes difficult for me to do this. Weekends, no problem.

Are this years Gamecock baseball practices, as opposed to most all other sports, always open to the fans and public?

Are this years Gamecock baseball practices, as opposed to most all other sports, always open to the fans and public?

in the past they would do a couple scrimmage/practices the weekend or two prior to opening the season......Don't discount the breeze coming off the river down the 3rd base line.

Reactions: bdblack
I think this team will play better baseball than it has in years..I just don't see enough talent on the pitching staff to do what we expect...It will take Kingston another recruiting class to fix that pitching staff

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I'm really looking forward to seeing what the new staff produces. I'm especially eager to see how the pitching end of things develops. I was apprehensive at the loss of Meyers. That was a monster loss, in my opinion.
Does anyone know what exactly is the health problem with Meyers?

I think the Kingston hire is going to produce some surprising results.I think he will get good results faster than expected. I read today where he sighned a top freshman and a few weeks ago he sighned a former junior college all american catcher. I like what ive read and heard so far about him

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
My Favorite part is waiting to see who is gonna come out of no where and dazzle Like a Lonnie Chisenhall (minus the problems).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT