ADVERTISEMENT

Be as honest and objective as possible. Who wins the OSU vs quempsum

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
game? To be honest I don't know which team wins this game. It's hard to bet against a team that has won 28-30 consecutive games, even if the team's competition level has been inferior. But I will be pulling for OSU for sure.

Last edited:
On paper I'd say Clemzen. But you never know. One turnover can swing momentum to a team and sometimes the other team can't recover ala the National Championship last year. I'll never believe Clemzen was as much better than Bama last year as the score would indicate. If OSU can rock them early and get them a little rattled they could beat the taters. But short of that I think the taters take it. UGHH, think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I would have said OSU in a blow out until they struggled against Wisconsin. Clemson hasn't faced anything close to OSU this year. Of course, I didn't think they had a chance against Bama those two years, either. Don't know who wins. I do think it will be close. If I had to bet money, I'd put in on OSU winning.

Reactions: olpolecat
OSU has some special players on defense. If they shut down ETN, they can really get after Lawrence and create some havoc. Also, the Buckeye Q B will trouble the taters. The question is can OSU run the ball? If they can, they'll win this game. If they can't run it on the taters, the Clemons win another natty!

Reactions: cadcock
Sadly, Clemson will win. Could be a blowout. More likely, they will get some insane break during the game that will crush Ohio State's spirit.

Also won't be surprised to see Lincoln Riley come up with some spectacular game plan and beat LSU. The Sooners will leave it all out on the field, and Hurts will blow out his knee right at the end. They will be completely spent and limp into the title game with Clemson who will cruise.

Seen their luck too many times.

OSU because of Chase Daniel

It’s going to be lower scoring than the free world believes
That's the same way I feel. If Clemson can't contain Daniel it will be a long day for the Clemson QB. Daniel was easily the most dominant defender in college football this season. He could be the top draft pick.

Reactions: howard13
Clemson because of coaching, hate to say that but I believe they have the edge and stability.
I said this on another thread concerning the 4 teams. All of them are extremely talented, so I don't see that as a major advantage.
It will come down to coaching, and IMHO Clemson has the better staff of all 4 teams.
Here comes the pushback in 3...2...1...

Clemson wins because the 2 teams haven't changed by 31 points in 2 years. Clemson has the better defense and has the experience winning these big games.
I think Ohio State has experience winning also...

I don’t agree with many of these posts. If there was one spot USC matched up with Clemson it was our D front vs. their O line. Ohio State is significantly better on D across the board. They have potentially #1-5 pick in the draft with their DE and CB. The DE is Clowney good. I think it’s a close game as long as they start fast (unlike the Wisconsin game). I don’t think experience matters here. It does at QB but Clemson has a lot of new faces on both sides of the ball.

Our recruiting and development beyond a 4-8 team to at least a legit 9/10 win team might actually threaten them, otherwise, with the 100 5-stars they just signed, they will be in the playoffs 4 out the next 5 years. And “never faced players at this level?” Like ever? Only Tua last year, half the Bama team, the vaunted SEC and other playoff teams they are like 11-1 against since WVU crushed them. They are battle tested, and unfortunately have the best staff, while we can barely hire a coordinator with our staff. I hope I’m wrong, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Clemson looks unbeatable sometimes due to their QB to WR connection. Ross and Higgins are exceptional WRs (speed and hands), and Lawrence is very accurate. If OSU can contain Lawrence and force a one dimensional game, OSU will win. If Not, they won't.
If history repeats, OSU will be curb stomped.

Reactions: agantt
i hope some of you with high hopes are right, but i dont see it being closer than 14 points in taters favor..might even get ugly

UPC will be exposed in this game.
yea just maybe they have to play starters the whole 4th quarter....expose what? that they have a great oline? a great dline? a great running back? agreat qb? i think most already know it

Reactions: Zann77
ACC - Another Clemson Championship - 34
BIG 10 - Conference of Concrete Shoes - 20

Sorry only hope to stop this train is Joe Bureaux

Reactions: uscfan1981
yea just maybe they have to play starters the whole 4th quarter....expose what? that they have a great oline? a great dline? a great running back? agreat qb? i think most already know it
I said they will be exposed. How do you really know anything based on the slate of opponents this year beyond "they're good"?

Last edited:
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
quempsum game? To be honest I don't know which team wins this game. It's hard to bet against a team that has won 28-30 consecutive games, even if the team's competition level has been inferior. But I will be pulling for OSU for sure.

Served 4 yer viewin’ pleasure, another pretender from north of the Ohio

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT