ADVERTISEMENT

Be as honest and objective as possible. Who wins the OSU vs quempsum

Clemson. Another Brent Venables special. Defense will confound Fields just like they did Tua. Offense will wear them down in 2nd half.

Reactions: Nosmelcregit
On paper I'd say Clemzen. But you never know. One turnover can swing momentum to a team and sometimes the other team can't recover ala the National Championship last year. I'll never believe Clemzen was as much better than Bama last year as the score would indicate. If OSU can rock them early and get them a little rattled they could beat the taters. But short of that I think the taters take it. UGHH, think I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Clemson’s OL will be tested by OSU. That might be the difference. If the Buckeyes can get to Lawrence it could be interesting. Golden boy hasn’t been roughed up.

Burnt Vegetables sends the house every down. A good OC can figure that out, and I think Fields can execute. It's a tossup. Clemmy is due for a loss...OSU 35, Clemmy 27

Reactions: olpolecat
Clemson wins because the 2 teams haven't changed by 31 points in 2 years. Clemson has the better defense and has the experience winning these big games.

Now, I have to say this (don't know if it has been address in another post or not, I haven't read them all) but a couple of years ago Auburn beat UGA in a regular season game and then two weeks later UGA beat the crap out of Auburn in the SEC Championship Game. A number of years ago FSU beat UF during regular season and a few weeks later UF beat the crap out of FSU in a bowl game for the NC. Both of the above games were only a few weeks apart and obviously played with the same players.

Last edited:
Clemson's defense is not the same or better than last years, throw the stats away, they e played a 2A high school schedule...... It will get exposed, besides Simmons the rest are very average, as another poster said, Crackhead Ven blitzes about 95% of the time .... If they exploit that it's gonna be a long night for the slow players Clemson has on Def (Skawski, and the other 3 white guys, 2 sacks Xavier Thomas until he shows us he's good ).... When we played our offense had no pulse..... Don't worry they aren't getting passed OSU ... Not happening.... Now all the Clemson fans that are claiming a blowout go back to Taternet....
The Tarheels say hello

Last edited:
I don’t agree with many of these posts. If there was one spot USC matched up with Clemson it was our D front vs. their O line. Ohio State is significantly better on D across the board. They have potentially #1-5 pick in the draft with their DE and CB. The DE is Clowney good. I think it’s a close game as long as they start fast (unlike the Wisconsin game). I don’t think experience matters here. It does at QB but Clemson has a lot of new faces on both sides of the ball.
Once again, I’m not sure that you can judge Clemson’s offensive line based on how they did in one game. Statistically, Clemson has the best offensive line in the country.

Clemson wins because the 2 teams haven't changed by 31 points in 2 years. Clemson has the better defense and has the experience winning these big games.
I disagree. 2 Years is an eternity in College football. Look at what happened between Clemson and Alabama: 2017-2018: Alabama beat Clemson 24-6 in the first round. The next year, Clemson beat Alabama 44-16. That's one year.

Once again, I’m not sure that you can judge Clemson’s offensive line based on how they did in one game. Statistically, Clemson has the best offensive line in the country.
You can judge it by their competition though.... No one can say anything about their stat rankings, it's a moot point , their schedule automatically disqualifys their stat rankings.... There should be an asterisk beside it ...

You can judge it by their competition though.... No one can say anything about their stat rankings, it's a moot point , their schedule automatically disqualifys their stat rankings.... There should be an asterisk beside it ...

I hear you, but didnt they play basically the same schedule last year? Maybe TAMU was a little better last year and it was on the road. NC State, GT and Syracuse were worse this year. BC and FSU were probably about the same. Louisville was certainly better this year and Wake too. UNC was an upgrade over last year. Virginia better than or equal to Pitt in last years ACC Championship game? Seems like a similar schedule, but Clemson's stats are better this year.

I dont know who is going to win, but it should be a great game. I say whoever jumps out early and/or wins the turnover margin. Feels like that kind of a close game.

Reactions: atl-cock
I said they will be exposed. How do you really know anything based on the slate of opponents this year beyond "they're good"?[/QUOTE we shall see soon enough, i honestly hope im wrong.....but they are at least as good as they were last year....osu might keep it close, but it wouldnt surprise me if they lose by more than 21

I hear you, but didnt they play basically the same schedule last year? Maybe TAMU was a little better last year and it was on the road. NC State, GT and Syracuse were worse this year. BC and FSU were probably about the same. Louisville was certainly better this year and Wake too. UNC was an upgrade over last year. Virginia better than or equal to Pitt in last years ACC Championship game? Seems like a similar schedule, but Clemson's stats are better this year.

I dont know who is going to win, but it should be a great game. I say whoever jumps out early and/or wins the turnover margin. Feels like that kind of a close game.
I will agree, same schedule basically. You can't discount the fact that the whole 2018 D Line is in the NFL, the players that are on the roster now are not the caliber that they lost, and it's not close.

Reactions: king ward
I will agree, same schedule basically. You can't discount the fact that the whole 2018 D Line is in the NFL, the players that are on the roster now are not the caliber that they lost, and it's not close.

The back seven has played better. On the DL, Davis is almost as good as Wilkins and the DEs are comparable to Ferrell and Bryant. But we don't have 340 lb Dexter Lawrence plugging the middle. Don't know what BV is scheming to account for a mobile quarterback and a powerful runner, but expect it to be something of a surprise.

The back seven has played better. On the DL, Davis is almost as good as Wilkins and the DEs are comparable to Ferrell and Bryant. But we don't have 340 lb Dexter Lawrence plugging the middle. Don't know what BV is scheming to account for a mobile quarterback and a powerful runner, but expect it to be something of a surprise.

I dont know. Davis is great, and the DE's could eventually be as good as Ferrell and Bryant, but they are not yet, not right now.

I do think the defensive backfield might be the best as a unit that Dabo has ever had. Hence the best turnover margin Dabo has ever had.

That us what makes this game so interesting. Can Clemson's front contain Dobbins and Fields. Last years unit would have for sure. This years unit will have to rely more on coverage sacks/scrambles and well disguised/timed blitzes.

Everyone says Clemson has to stop Dobbins, but I wonder if Venables will give Dobbins his 150yards and contain Fields to 200ish passing and 50ish rushing instead. I dont think 400ish yards is enough to beat Clemson, even with OSU's defense.

I dont know. Davis is great, and the DE's could eventually be as good as Ferrell and Bryant, but they are not yet, not right now.

I do think the defensive backfield might be the best as a unit that Dabo has ever had. Hence the best turnover margin Dabo has ever had.

That us what makes this game so interesting. Can Clemson's front contain Dobbins and Fields. Last years unit would have for sure. This years unit will have to rely more on coverage sacks/scrambles and well disguised/timed blitzes.

Everyone says Clemson has to stop Dobbins, but I wonder if Venables will give Dobbins his 150yards and contain Fields to 200ish passing and 50ish rushing instead. I dont think 400ish yards is enough to beat Clemson, even with OSU's defense.

It might be a shootout like the first two champ games we played with Alabama. Those came down to a few mistakes on each side. It should be fun unless one of the teams just has a bad day. I do worry about this team a lot more than LSU, but you never know in the post-season.

Reactions: Zann77
It might be a shootout like the first two champ games we played with Alabama. Those came down to a few mistakes on each side. It should be fun unless one of the teams just has a bad day. I do worry about this team a lot more than LSU, but you never know in the post-season.
Wow, that's weird ... I'd be more afraid of the best offense in the last 10 years of football..... Burrow is doing things that no one has done, and you're more worried about OSU.... It's fine, you won't see LSU anyways, you leave Saturday night as a loser.... That's how this story ends... Now please go back to your own board....

Wow, that's weird ... I'd be more afraid of the best offense in the last 10 years of football..... Burrow is doing things that no one has done, and you're more worried about OSU.... It's fine, you won't see LSU anyways, you leave Saturday night as a loser.... That's how this story ends... Now please go back to your own board....

LSU has a below average defense. We have more talent on offense than LSU and a good defense. You have to watch the games closer than just looking at the stats at the end. LSU is only number 1 because Georgia's coaching was totally incompetent.

Last edited:
LSU has a below average defense. We have more talent on offense than LSU and a good defense. You have to watch the games closer than just looking at the stats at the end. LSU is only number 1 because Georgia's coaching was totally incompetent.
Oh ok , so now we are going by the games and not stats? Ok, I've seen you guys play garbage all year, and Trevor looked below average most of the year, but keep sipping the Kool aid ......LSU has played teams with athletes not a bunch of ACC schools .... I've watched them, I'm shocked you can even watch a full Clemson game, the games are very boring.....

There is atleast some truth to this. There is a reason the committee put LSU #1, it was the best way to dodge criticism. Vegas would favor Clemson (and Ohio State) over LSU by 5-7 points and it would have looked really bad if #3 was favored by that much over #2. Make no mistake, that LSU offense can win it all, but that offense also only scored 23 against Auburn (good defense and bad offense) and 30 something against Georgia (good defense and even worse offense). I dont think LSU will score more than 35ish against either team, likely less. They have not faced a team with a good offense AND a good defense this year, Bama included.

Reactions: flyfisher29640
Oh ok , so now we are going by the games and not stats? Ok, I've seen you guys play garbage all year, and Trevor looked below average most of the year, but keep sipping the Kool aid ......LSU has played teams with athletes not a bunch of ACC schools .... I've watched them, I'm shocked you can even watch a full Clemson game, the games are very boring.....

I stopped watching the game with USC at half time and went to see Frozen II.

There is atleast some truth to this. There is a reason the committee put LSU #1, it was the best way to dodge criticism. Vegas would favor Clemson (and Ohio State) over LSU by 5-7 points and it would have looked really bad if #3 was favored by that much over #2. Make no mistake, that LSU offense can win it all, but that offense also only scored 23 against Auburn (good defense and bad offense) and 30 something against Georgia (good defense and even worse offense). I dont think LSU will score more than 35ish against either team, likely less. They have not faced a team with a good offense AND a good defense this year, Bama included.

I enjoyed watching LSU on offense this year. Like you, I just don't think they can score enough to beat OSU or Clemson. If Burrow plays out of his mind and the WRs don't drop anything, they definitely have a shot. I'm hoping both semi's will be good (for the first time in the CFP era). I' m also OK losing to either team at this point, as long as it's not an embarrassment.

The difficulty in predicting the score of any Clemson game comes down to three names... Lawrence, Higgins, Ross.

A team can play outstanding defense vs Clemson and shut them down 90% of the plays and they can still score 21 points on 3 plays... and they do it a lot. SC, in fact, did this during the first half of the game this year. Didn't matter that Clemson was in a 3rd or 4th and long. It didn't matter that SC bottled up the run game. Higgins and Ross made the play and it resulted in 7 points after the SC defense had held up strong for 3 (or 4) plays.

I saw the same thing happen in Clemson's game vs A&M.

Ohio State didn't have Kevin Wilson as its OC back in '16. He knows how to neutralize Venables bc they were both on staff at OU and is very familiar with him. Fields is much more of an accurate passer than JT Barret ever was. Clemson and its fans are beyond arrogant and are going to be in for a rude awakening.

Ohio State didn't have Kevin Wilson as its OC back in '16. He knows how to neutralize Venables bc they were both on staff at OU and is very familiar with him. Fields is much more of an accurate passer than JT Barret ever was. Clemson and its fans are beyond arrogant and are going to be in for a rude awakening.

Dobbins has been the difference in the games against decent competition. I don’t think Fields makes that team substantially better than they were last year. He’s good, not Lamar Jackson-good yet, but good. The difference this year has been the substantially better defense and Dobbins, plus they didn’t play Purdue.

Dexter Lawrence didn't get to play in the playoffs last year. Clemson still rolled ND and Bama.

Reactions: Zann77
OSU QB at 80% so that basically tells the story. Tateru will win. And LSU lost their best RB and OU has several guys suspended. It's lining up to be an easy two games for tateru.

Clemson. Another Brent Venables special. Defense will confound Fields just like they did Tua. Offense will wear them down in 2nd half.
Clemson can't block Young... Makes it tough on Lawrence all game.. Lawrence throws 2 picks. Score Ohio St. 34.. Clemson 17.... Clemson makes the excuse that Scott leaving for South Florida caused them to lose... Bank on it.

Clemson - Lawrence is peaking at the right time and what has surprised me is actually how fast he is.

I would have said OSU in a blow out until they struggled against Wisconsin. Clemson hasn't faced anything close to OSU this year. Of course, I didn't think they had a chance against Bama those two years, either. Don't know who wins. I do think it will be close. If I had to bet money, I'd put in on OSU winning.

You do realize Wisconsin would beat every team in the ACC by a minimum of 3 tds with exception of Clemson.

Last edited:
Clemson can't block Young... Makes it tough on Lawrence all game.. Lawrence throws 2 picks. Score Ohio St. 34.. Clemson 17.... Clemson makes the excuse that Scott leaving for South Florida caused them to lose... Bank on it.

I can see OSU winning, but not a snowballs chance in hell Clemson score 17 points or less. This is not a Kelly Bryant lead offense.

Maybe, but I think the OSU fans are even more arrogant. I have never seen a fan base so arrogant after losing 31-0 the last time they played. Baylor wasnt even that arrogant the second time against OU after giving the first game away.

You do realize Wisconsin would beat every team in the ACC by a minimum of 3 tds with exception of Clemson.

Nah. You need to watch them play. Wisconsin is a mirror image of Georgia, with better coaching and lesser talent if you go by recruit rankings. If you slow down the run, you can beat them. My feeing is that OSU isn’t quite as good as last year’s Alabama. Last year’s game should have been close, so I don’t know whether we win or lose.

Last edited:
Nah. You need to watch them play. Wisconsin is a mirror image of Georgia, with better coaching and lesser talent if you go by recruit rankings. If you slow down the run, you can beat them. My feeing is that OSU isn’t quite as good as last year’s Alabama. Last year’s game should have been close, so I don’t know whether we win or lose.

You do realize UGA would beat everyone in the ACC by 3TD's as well. Besides tateru. I believe a fully healthy Fields would make the game close, but not a Fields who can't use his legs as a weapon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT