ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer Describing The Team Dancing And Celebrating Yesterday's Win

He's a tireless champion of the status quo.

Ha. What does that mean exactly? Offer some history to lean on other than those few magical years under Spurrier?

I'm just of the belief that Beamer isn't going anywhere until 2025 regardless of what happens. The administration isn't going to pay another bailout until they absolutely have to. When they eventually move on, we'll get another crapshoot coach which half of the fans will not care for and the whole process starts over. It's the circle of life for Gamecock fans. How is this faulty thinking when we have a 100+ year canvas to work with?

In addition, I'm confused at who we should be consistently beating in the SEC other than the bottom dwellers and/or teams having a bad season based on our recruiting figures?

If recruiting is an issue, that's a different subject. However, most seem to believe Beamer is recruiting as well as any coach we've had other than Spurrier. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone on this hyper-critical site complain about his recruiting.

Hence, if we're coming into most games with inferior talent, why in the world would anyone believe we're going to be stringing together consistent wins against tougher teams -- especially when on the road? It's illogical on every level.

Yet another LIE. You do realize we played UNC the FIRST game of the year, don't you? We didn't have many injuries then. UNC had as many or more than we did. You're just disingenuous.

I do. Juice Wells. The primary player other than Rattler who helped us finish the season strong?

UNC was favored. UNC has out recruited over the 4-year period. We played on a neutral field. UNC won the game.

How is this a surprise? Did you expect to beat UNC every game?

Reactions: cockofdawn
I do. Juice Wells. The primary player other than Rattler who helped us finish the season strong?

UNC was favored. UNC has out recruited over the 4-year period. We played on a neutral field. UNC won the game.

I think we have some delusions of grandeur in our fanbase. We are and have almost always been an injury or two away from missing a bowl.

Reactions: Ward Jr
I think we have some delusions of grandeur in our fanbase. We are and have almost always been an injury or two away from missing a bowl.

Have to agree.

People seem to forget just how rare it is for us to go bowling. They need to realize that this is going to be the norm, and learn to settle for it.

/s

Reactions: cockofdawn

Juice Wells was the only one. Meanwhile UNC was without their All ACC top receiver and their other top receiver so they played the entire game with their second team receivers.

Saying UNC won the game is an extreme understatement. The game was viewed as basically even. They were a 1.5 opening favorite. They beat us by 14 and the game was not as close at the score indicated. We got sacked 9 times. That was as many sacks in one game as they had all of last year. The game was expected to be close. It was not. I expected us to play them a close game and be competitive and have a chance to win. We did not, and were not, and the game was basically over by the 4th qrt. In short it was not just a loss, it was an embarrassment.

Juice Wells was the only one. Meanwhile UNC was without their All ACC top receiver and their other top receiver so they played the entire game with their second team receivers.

Saying UNC won the game is an extreme understatement. The game was viewed as basically even. They were a 1.5 opening favorite. They beat us by 14 and the game was not as close at the score indicated. We got sacked 9 times. That was as many sacks in one game as they had all of last year. The game was expected to be close. It was not. I expected us to play them a close game and be competitive and have a chance to win. We did not, and were not, and the game was basically over by the 4th qrt. In short it was not just a loss, it was an embarrassment.

You might check the stats on the game. We lost by two scores and the box score clearly reflects that.

Also, maybe Wells was more important to our team that game because we have less skilled players? Look at the numbers he was posting at the end of last season. He was almost as big of a catalyst as Rattler.

Once again, if we hadn't lost Bell and Lloyd to the NIL, we would have had options to full that hole in some of these losses. We were in several 4th quarters and could have used their services.

You might check the stats on the game. We lost by two scores and the box score clearly reflects that.

Also, maybe Wells was more important to our team that game because we have less skilled players? Look at the numbers he was posting at the end of last season. He was almost as big of a catalyst as Rattler.

Once again, if we hadn't lost Bell and Lloyd to the NIL, we would have had options to full that hole in some of these losses. We were in several 4th quarters and could have used their services.
I did. We had NINE SACKS equaling the total UNC had for the entire year before. They had 168 yds rushing. We had -2. More importantly they were 8-13 on 3rd downs. We were 4-14. they totally dominated the LOS on BOTH sides of the ball. It wouldn't have made any difference if Wells had played. Spencer wouldn't have been able to get him the ball lying on his back the whole game. It was an embarrassing performance all the way around.

Last edited:
I did. We had NINE SACKS equaling the total UNC had for the entire year before. They had 168 yds rushing. We had -2. More importantly they were 8-13 on 3rd downs. We were 4-14. they totally dominated the LOS on BOTH sides of the ball. It wouldn't have made any difference if Wells had played. We Spencer wouldn't have been able to get him the ball lying on his back the whole game. It was an embarrassing performance all the way around.

Dude, we lost a game to a team who also favored.

What is so crazy about that?

We beat them the last time we played them.

If we start getting shut out in games like we did against Virginia a few years back, that's a different conversation.

Last edited:
Dude, we lost a game to a team who also favored.

What is so crazy about that?

We beat them the last time we played them.

If we start getting shut out in games like we did against Virginia a few years back, that's a different conversation.
No, Dude, we got crushed by a team we were basically even with. Anyone who watched the game knows it was total domination at the LOS on both sides of the ball. We were lucky the score was not more of a blow out.

No, Dude, we got crushed by a team we were basically even with. Anyone who watched the game knows it was total domination at the LOS on both sides of the ball. We were lucky the score was not more of a blow out.

So you're concerned with the fact that we lost to a team who was favored by a couple of TDs at the beginning of the season. That's still eating at you?

If you're concerned with the "degree of loss." why can't you also bathe in the fact that two weeks later we gave UGA the toughest game they've had in quite awhile at Sanford. Does that ease any of your pain?

Meanwhile UNC was without their All ACC top receiver and their other top receiver so they played the entire game with their second team receivers.

And SC was without ANY Quality Defensive backs, Apparently... They made Drake Maye look like a Heisman candidate..

They absolutely didn't have to give him a $17 mil buyout. That was beyond belief stupid.

They never have to. The problem is that Beamer was one of the coach du jours at the end of last season.

He was going to move if they didn't start paying him something in line with what the 2nd tier of SEC coaches make.

They never have to. The problem is that Beamer was one of the coach du jours at the end of last season.

He was going to move if they didn't start paying him something in line with what the 2nd tier of SEC coaches make.
If you think he would have moved away from his dream job after 2 seasons.... never mind. 🙂

So you're concerned with the fact that we lost to a team who was favored by a couple of TDs at the beginning of the season. That's still eating at you?

If you're concerned with the "degree of loss." why can't you also bathe in the fact that two weeks later we gave UGA the toughest game they've had in quite awhile at Sanford. Does that ease any of your pain?
WHAT??? Damn Dude, are you THAT mathematically challenged that you don't know the difference between 1.5 points and 2 friggin TDs?

As far as UGA, I was there. Were you? I know exactly what happened. You don't. UGA after seeing how easily UNC handled our Oline they felt they could dominate our line with their 4 man front and just play coverage. UNC blitzed a lot, but UGA didn't feel they had to in the first half. Rattler had enough time to get most of his passes off for some big plays in the first half. UGA made the adjustment at the half and killed us. They blitzed on almost every play and Rattler did not have time to throw the ball and of course we have no running game. We did not score a point the second half. If UGA had a better opening game plan and blitzed some, we would not have scored at all and the game would have been like last years game.

I left Sanford stadium with no solace that the score at the half was close. Once again we got thoroughly whipped up front on both sides of the ball.

I agree with your politics generally but when it comes to Gamecock football you're just an excuse machine.

WHAT??? Damn Dude, are you THAT mathematically challenged that you don't know the difference between 1.5 points and 2 friggin TDs?

As far as UGA, I was there. Were you? I know exactly what happened. You don't. UGA after seeing how easily UNC handled our Oline they felt they could dominate our line with their 4 man front and just play coverage. UNC blitzed a lot, but UGA didn't feel they had to in the first half. Rattler had enough time to get most of his passes off for some big plays in the first half. UGA made the adjustment at the half and killed us. They blitzed on almost every play and Rattler did not have time to throw the ball and of course we have no running game. We did not score a point the second half. If UGA had a better opening game plan and blitzed some, we would not have scored at all and the game would have been like last years game.

I left Sanford stadium with no solace that the score at the half was close. Once again we got thoroughly whipped up front on both sides of the ball.

OK. Sorry we didn't cover the spread in the UNC game?

So you being at the UGA game gave you a better perspective?

Sorry JH 35 - Whoever's sock account this is made you too slow and angry.

The puppet master needs to give you a personality makeover. :)

The problem is he could have defended the celebration without attacking the fans.
Lol….what fan did he attack/insult? The people crying about celebrating a win would be the ones bitching about a loss the most. Today’s world makes mountains out of ant hills. Not sure what the question was, but obviously it was a question around people questioning celebration of a win.

And I was proven right that those wins were fool's gold.

Wrong. Two years of overachieving isn't turned into "fool's gold" because of a down year impacted by a ton of injuries.

We know you and others have been pulling against Beamer from the start and delight in our recent struggled. Just another shit "fan" or tater troll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT