ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer top candidate at Oklahoma.

At this point, It’s virtually impossible for a team to win the SEC for the 1st time. We couldn’t do it. Mizzou couldn’t do it. It’s probably as unlikely to win the SEC for the 1st time as it is to win a NC for the 1st time. I know it sounds like we’re in dire straits, but it’s reality. What team has the best chance? aTm for sure. They take their football seriously and are committed to improving their program and winning. They’re very disappointed at going 8-4.

Ok. Maybe it’s not impossible, but I think our program has to commit to getting out of the cellar. Hell, we’re not consistently competing with Tennessee, Kentucky and Mizzou right now.

After all that.....,.yes, we’re there.
Assuming that Georgia remains the Daddy Rab in the East, the teams we have to look at are the lesser of Tennessee and Florida in any given year. If we can climb our way up to third in the East, we're looking at eight wins or more - which translates into decent bowls.

We need to get established again at that level. From there we can see if we can get all the components together to reach Atlanta. But we have to get firmly entrenched at no worse than the third best program in the East on any given year to be solidly relevant in the league.

Now, should we move to a pod system and nine conference games, which is likely, the eight-win plateau will still be operative because it will have to be achieved while playing more SEC game - and UPC.

In any case, I think our three to four year goal ought to be getting solidly to the eight-win level.

IF he were to leave, the obvious safety net for Ray is up in Conway.
I’d be bold. IF I was Ray, and IF Beamer left for OU, the guy in Conway would be my second phone call.

First call would be to Deion Sanders.

Have to give him credit, he’s building something out of nothing. He’s had his office robbed while he was coaching a game, and he had to make a deal with a Golden Corral to feed the team because the school wouldn’t keep the cafeteria open.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
This is a terrible list you have made. I know the question asked...referring to CEO HCs.
But, leaving out the important parts are misleading.
*First and most importantly... this list is full of people who have never set foot in the SEC as a ballboy much less a coordinator or HC. Big point. Only Orgeron has been in the conference. He could be your only "point" to make.
-Mel Tucker....no comment. We will see. He keeps GETTING jobs for a year or two....but....
-Chip Kelly was an innovative and very successful OC for ten years prior to being a HC. He is still an "offensive" guy as 95% of HCs in college consider themselves one or the other (offense or defense minded).
-Fickell was a DC for 10 years and even an interim HC for a year at OSU. Defensive guy.
-Bronco was a DC for over a decade. Defensive guy.
-Kelly was a HC at smaller institutions for a decade and half before getting a big HC job.
-Dino Babers..offensive guy...and I know he's coached since 1924....and wasn't an OC for long before getting a small HC job. BUT...he had 4 years at 2 places as that small job HC. Now in big boy football....what's his record again?
The point was that they have made the transition to being more ceo style.

I’d be bold. IF I was Ray, and IF Beamer left for OU, the guy in Conway would be my second phone call.

Have to give him credit, he’s building something out of nothing. He’s had his office robbed while he was coaching a game, and he had to make a deal with a Golden Corral to feed the team because the school wouldn’t keep the cafeteria open.
Yeah, I remember you mentioned that the other day, and I did and still do agree with it.

But in the event that Coach Prime declines. Chadwell should be a lock.

But again, IF.

People may laugh, but Deion would be a great choice imo. He’s already doing commercials with Saban. Recruits see this and see their coach. That’s recruiting in itself. He relates to seemingly everyone and obviously has an outstanding personality, while having the Jordan killer mentality.

Not to drag you back down, but Muschamp was once considered the head coach in waiting at Texas. Then again, OU has proven itself to be a far, far better program than Texas over the last 15 or so years, so maybe they do know what they're talking about.
and he would have been the next head coach there had he not taken the UF job,.

I think you took his statement a little too literally.
Not really, he tried to minimize what recruiters do for a career. If it were as simple as schools recruiting themselves then recruiting budgets would be drastically lower. Since they aren't, I think he is full of it.

Not really, he tried to minimize what recruiters do for a career. If it were as simple as schools recruiting themselves then recruiting budgets would be drastically lower. Since they aren't, I think he is full of it.

If it were as simple as schools recruiting themselves? That's what I meant about taking it too literally.

It's obviously easier to recruit at some schools more than others. I think that's pretty obviously the point being made.

Reactions: rogue cock
If it were as simple as schools recruiting themselves? That's what I meant about taking it too literally.

It's obviously easier to recruit at some schools more than others. I think that's pretty obviously the point being made.
Meh I'm not buying it.

Really? Then do tell why each of them has a recruiting coordinator that makes great money? Have you informed each one of these programs how they are idiots?
I didn’t say they were idiots. I’m saying that it’s much much easier to recruit to a blue blood school that has a huge built in recruiting base. Of course they are going to pay a ton of money to recruiting directors. They’re competing with each other. At the top of the heap!!

We will see what Beamer can do at South Carolina as a HC. Dabo did it at a school that was not a blue blood when he started. It’s possible, but much tougher.

For the record, you’re full of it. Or just a complete idiot. I’m betting on both, JackA$$ slim!

Is it odd at all that Beamer has not said anything to dismiss interest in the OU job?

Obviously, I don’t think he is their top target, but every list of possible candidates mentions him as at least possibility. And, outside of our fans, most of those in the industry think he’s done a really good job here this year. Seems our fans are the only ones who think he can’t coach.

He squashed any possible VaTech rumors pretty quickly so it’s just odd he hasn’t said a peep here. Maybe he hasn’t said anything because he doesn’t think anything needs to be said.

Reactions: carolinacanopy
Is it odd at all that Beamer has not said anything to dismiss interest in the OU job?

Obviously, I don’t think he is their top target, but every list of possible candidates mentions him as at least possibility. And, outside of our fans, most of those in the industry think he’s done a really good job here this year. Seems our fans are the only ones who think he can’t coach.

He squashed any possible VaTech rumors pretty quickly so it’s just odd he hasn’t said a peep here. Maybe he hasn’t said anything because he doesn’t think anything needs to be said.
He’s trying to get a raise out of it.

Yep. It just feels inevitable in two years we will want to fire him, but can’t because of his buyout.
If he wins 6 or more next year I will be pleasantly surprised. I look at all the variables that got us to 6 wins this year and just dont see them being there next year. You combine that with our abysmal class from last year and almost zero offensive gamechangers coming in with a Satterfield offense and.....just doesn't look pretty. I hope I am totally wrong though. Beamer seems like a likable guy and hopefully he gets the job done.

I've seen Beamer on Twitter in the living rooms with recruits doing his job.

I think it is funny that in the competition of Venables and Beamer in discussion for the OU job, that it is Beamer with more head coaching experience now. I think if it is these two choices either would be a crapshoot with OU ties. If Beamer left I wouldn't blame him in the least, but could we just get rid of Ray Tanner first?

If he does leave, I assume we should open up the checkbook and pay Chadwell?

Reactions: carolinacanopy
I'm late to this thread so I didn't go through it - but I say let him walk if he wants to. Don't offer money or years to keep him. He did a nice job as a head coach - but only for one season. Too early to double down on any coach with one year of experience. And if he wants to go already, that means this isn't the right place for him.

If he wins 6 or more next year I will be pleasantly surprised. I look at all the variables that got us to 6 wins this year and just dont see them being there next year. You combine that with our abysmal class from last year and almost zero offensive gamechangers coming in with a Satterfield offense and.....just doesn't look pretty. I hope I am totally wrong though. Beamer seems like a likable guy and hopefully he gets the job done.
Agree with all this.

The variables are there every season. The way I look at this season is that Beamer squeezed 6 wins out of a team with next to no offense and 3 QBs who wouldn’t sniff the field at any other SEC school besides Vandy. We can’t help but get more talented at QB…there’s no direction to go but up.

Reactions: ImmaTiger
The variables are there every season. The way I look at this season is that Beamer squeezed 6 wins out of a team with next to no offense and 3 QBs who wouldn’t sniff the field at any other SEC school besides Vandy. We can’t help but get more talented at QB…there’s no direction to go but up.
New gamecock fan? That is never a good idea to think that about our team.

Exactly. Under Muschamp we were Top 20. So the goalposts have already moved down to Top 25 instead of Top 20.
dude stop, all anybody has to do is look at the last 3 years of champs recruiting to see he finished 19th, 19th and 18th. right now beamer is at 19 so you are just full of crap

dude stop, all anybody has to do is look at the last 3 years of champs recruiting to see he finished 19th, 19th and 18th. right now beamer is at 19 so you are just full of crap
We were at 21 when I posted that. Oklahoma lost a few recruits. Not sure who else fell.

Do you think Oklahoma isn't going to jump back ahead of us?

He’s 19th due to shear numbers…when this class settles up and signs it’s will land in the high 30s to low 40s

Well, well, well.....so many gullible folks.
Think it out man...seriously, just think it out. Unless Beamers hits some HRs the next week we will fall in the rankings. Its just how it is. Its also telling the vast majority of this class is secondary. Our secondary needs help but not that much. Maybe they convert some safeties to LBs and add muscle to them. I hope thats the plan anyways. And on offense we have....not much coming in.

We have to turn this thing up a notch. The only problem with that is Beamer can't do what he is rumored to have done while here as a RC. Its legal now so that nullifies that.

Well, well, well.....so many gullible folks.

Think it out man...seriously, just think it out. Unless Beamers hits some HRs the next week we will fall in the rankings. Its just how it is. Its also telling the vast majority of this class is secondary. Our secondary needs help but not that much. Maybe they convert some safeties to LBs and add muscle to them. I hope thats the plan anyways. And on offense we have....not much coming in.

We have to turn this thing up a notch. The only problem with that is Beamer can't do what he is rumored to have done while here as a RC. Its legal now so that nullifies that.
And in Muschamp's first recruiting class, we finished 16th in the rankings. Yes, I would wait until after signing date before putting Beamer's recruiting class into the South Carolina Hall Of Fame for recruiting classes.

And in Muschamp's first recruiting class, we finished 16th in the rankings. Yes, I would wait until after signing date before putting Beamer's recruiting class into the South Carolina Hall Of Fame for recruiting classes.
well did we ever play like a top 20 team?

He’s 19th due to shear numbers…when this class settles up and signs it’s will land in the high 30s to low 40s
308791fc1ecd33e3042771f1440bdf3699605757.gifv

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT