ADVERTISEMENT

Been a gamecock fan way too long

77 year old male here. The change for me is the lack of passion, of pounding the floor when there’s a bad play, a bad coaches decision, a bad call by the ref, a bad hire by the AD. I expect all of those things now. Can’t afford to let the BP level get too high. Apathetic might be the right description of my feelings

77 year old male here. The change for me is the lack of passion, of pounding the floor when there’s a bad play, a bad coaches decision, a bad call by the ref, a bad hire by the AD. I expect all of those things now. Can’t afford to let the BP level get too high. Apathetic might be the right description of my feelings
How many years before you got to that point? I’m soon to be 51 and starting to feel like you

Reactions: bchav307 and SOSUSC
How many years before you got to that point? I’m soon to be 51 and starting to feel like you
I’m gonna hit the big 50 this year. I don’t expect any more big time Gamecock football success in my lifetime. But at least I got to see(and remember) all the good stuff from ‘77(or so) to the present. 1984 being my favorite time period(13 yrs old-it was black magic).

As I try to distract myself with humor, I was thinking how a Coach Joe Morrison or Danny Ford would have handled this situation w/ Bobo?

I’m gonna hit the big 50 this year. I don’t expect any more big time Gamecock football success in my lifetime. But at least I got to see(and remember) all the good stuff from ‘77(or so) to the present. 1984 being my favorite time period(13 yrs old-it was black magic).

As I try to distract myself with humor, I was thinking how a Coach Joe Morrison or Danny Ford would have handled this situation w/ Bobo?

Morrison would have put a cigarette out on his cheek & Ford would have spit tobacco juice in his eye.

The totally worst part of this is that it is apparent that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Even some of the sunshine pumpers from a month ago have come back to their senses that Beamer is not the next Dabo and that the program is a joke. But there is still that cult out there that desperately want to believe in Beamer, or whatever Ray tells them, just like they did with Muschamp.

Shortly after Ray Tanner royally screwed up Spurriers leaving. I don’t blame Spurrir. We knew years in advance that he would have to be replaced when he approached 70 years old. Ray, should have had a handful of propspective head football coaches in mind to replace Spurrier. And the best he could come up with was Muschamp, That was my apathetic beginning. Muschamp? Really?

You didn't ask me, but it set in fully with me at age 69. I got to where I couldn't get mad anymore when we performed badly and watched games on television - games that I would have once attended - with no more interest than I would have watched "Wheel of Fortune".

You didn't ask me, but it set in fully with me at age 69. I got to where I couldn't get mad anymore when we performed badly and watched games on television - games that I would have once attended - with no more interest than I would have watched "Wheel of Fortune".
Don’t you miss listening to bob Fulton back when all games weren’t on tv? He was great

Reactions: Robhawk29 and F-86F
Another long time fan(since Dietzel)so have been thru a lot and like some posters my passion is spent. Just don't care as much anymore and haven't bought any new GC gear in over a decade.

Have looked at my GC portfolio and have decided my rate of return just isn't worth it anymore. Still a casual fan and always will be.

We have been hoodwinked and led down the primrose path by GC athletic departments that has never had 1/5th the passion and want to of GC fans.

There is absolutely zero reason why USC hasn't done and seems incapable of doing what our no. 1 state rival is doing.

I'm 68 and am disgusted at the state of the football program. The hire of the new OC is underwhelming,

The totally worst part of this is that it is apparent that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Even some of the sunshine pumpers from a month ago have come back to their senses that Beamer is not the next Dabo and that the program is a joke. But there is still that cult out there that desperately want to believe in Beamer, or whatever Ray tells them, just like they did with Muschamp.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel. But it is a freaking train.

Can someone send this thread to Ray Tanner and President Caslon or whatever his name is. If they don’t know by now they have a very angry, disgruntled and vitriolic fan base.
Maybe we can start a new thread or just offer here some genuine, well thought out suggestions on what needs to be done to right the ship.
Frankly, my initial thought is there is only one thing to do immediately. OfferTanner an off the campus analyst position of the baseball program. He’s pretty dang good when it comes to knowing baseball.

Do you believe any of them to be inaccurate?

Ray Tanner royally screwed up Spurriers leaving – this I agree but have moved on

but listed below
“come on man”

Sh** show

Ship wreck

my biggest flaw is I'm loyal to a fault ----------- not to bad if that is your biggest

Like being a passenger on the titanic five different times

Roller coaster ride

Circus theme song

50 no more big time Gamecock football success in “my” lifetime

Cigarette out on his cheek & Ford spit tobacco juice in his eye

No light at the end of the tunnel

“wheel of fortune” --------- this may be the lowest

No new GC gear in over a decade

Tanner biggest mistakes ever seen

Ray is a total ass -------- not

Ray Tanner, as an AD, has been and continues to be one of the biggest mistakes we've ever seen.
The overriding question is-Why is he still AD? He's not professional. He takes the easy way instead of working hard to advance our FB pgm.

Why didn't someone stop him from hiring Mushhead? Mush a complete disaster. Worse than Brad and Bell. Lemmee see if I'm Ray Ray I have a choice between a young hot shot(Riley)upcoming coach or a proven loser who couldn't win at Fla. Well a hard choice but I'm gonna go with the loser. Then he compounds that by giving him an underserved buyout then compounds that by not stipulating that mulehead's buyout will be reduced by future earnings.

I don't think any other SEC with the possible exception of Vandy would put up with a totally clueless AD such as him.

t

And I just thought it was just me at age 67 experiencing this.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT