ADVERTISEMENT

Best Open Take Out Restaurants

luvmygamecocks

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2006
Columbia
Since things are slow on the sports front, let’s support local businesses by supporting our take out restaurants.

Two of my favorites for take out now are Crave on Millwood and Rockaways on Rosewood! Both have great food and are non chain local businesses.

OT, but I'm at a personal best of 5 straight weeks with no restaurant food. Maybe I went longer at some point when I was a kid since we couldn't afford to eat out, but definitely not since I got started working at 15 and got a car. Wanna see how long I can keep it going now.

Makes it easier that we don't have any interesting restaurants around here.

Cooking at home is a pain but it’s amazing how much we spent on eating out. I’ve made some large purchases with no guilt through this knowing I haven’t spend any more than usual. And it’s not the “nice meals” out...is the $30-40 to feed a family Chick-fil-a on those nights we are both exhausted. Have to plan more, but hasn’t been so bad cooking and the wife and I have gotten a rhythm on how to cook and clean. Now if that would just carry over in the bedroom...I might never leave the house again.

In Lancaster: Sambo's 903 Drive-In, South 200 Drive-In, and Wheel-In. All serve good food, and they are all clean if unpretentious places. Of course, there is also Catawba Fish Camp, and the Wagon Wheel is geared up now for carry-out.

Ordered from Swig & Swine yesterday (Mt. Pleasant). Pretty good BBQ, the collard greens were a welcome surprise.

In Lancaster: Sambo's 903 Drive-In, South 200 Drive-In, and Wheel-In. All serve good food, and they are all clean if unpretentious places. Of course, there is also Catawba Fish Camp, and the Wagon Wheel is geared up now for carry-out.
Shocked to hear there is still an existing Sambo's, I thought they all had disappeared into the restaurant history books.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Shocked to hear there is still an existing Sambo's, I thought they all had disappeared into the restaurant history books.
This is not that Sambo's. This is a local Drive-In that goes back probably to the 1960s. The original owner was named Sambo; he is deceased now. His son operates the business now, but to the same high standards.

Inakayas, M Kitchen, Alodias,Pompeii Oven, and Mellow Mushroom are the one's we've tried. All good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT