• the offenses we play against

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • other....

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters

superflyby

Mar 12, 2007
Monroe NC
There are multiple but some are more glaring than the others. I think one position plays into all of our problems on defense. The biggest problem is playing off the receivers. These receivers are running designed routes. If you delay that route by being aggressive on the line of scrimmage the receiver is not going to be where he is suppose to be. The QB will look there and if he is not there he has to look to an alternate receiver. That takes time, which gives the defensive linemen more time to pursue the QB. That messes up the entire passing game plan. It doesn't take your LB's out of position and they can still free lance depending on what happens next. If they go to the deep route then you will have to adjust. That is more than we are making them do now. We aren't taking anyone out of their offense. I played defense in high school and much has changed over the years. The one thing that hasn't changed is...you have to be aggressive on defense. Hit them hard and disrupt their plan and it's...advantage defense......It sounds simple but sometimes it is simple.

Reactions: BigTomE
Other. Maybe this should go under "lack of fundamentals, but I think our biggest problem is lack of tackling. UGA looked like an NFL team against our tackling.

Other. Maybe this should go under "lack of fundamentals, but I think our biggest problem is lack of tackling. UGA looked like an NFL team against our tackling.
I swannee...if I see another defender throw his arm at the guy thinking that is going to bring him down...

It's pretty sad when your biggest cheer when on D is that the defender actually wraps the guy up and drops him to the ground.

I see a lack of heart or desire in the team overall. You can have less talent and play hard and it shows. You can also have good talent and no heart and it shows. I feel we fall into the later category and that my friends is much harder to overcome and correct.

There are multiple but some are more glaring than the others. I think one position plays into all of our problems on defense. The biggest problem is playing off the receivers. These receivers are running designed routes. If you delay that route by being aggressive on the line of scrimmage the receiver is not going to be where he is suppose to be. The QB will look there and if he is not there he has to look to an alternate receiver. That takes time, which gives the defensive linemen more time to pursue the QB. That messes up the entire passing game plan. It doesn't take your LB's out of position and they can still free lance depending on what happens next. If they go to the deep route then you will have to adjust. That is more than we are making them do now. We aren't taking anyone out of their offense. I played defense in high school and much has changed over the years. The one thing that hasn't changed is...you have to be aggressive on defense. Hit them hard and disrupt their plan and it's...advantage defense......It sounds simple but sometimes it is simple.

THIS IS IT!!! Maybe that is scheme as well.
We lined up in the end zone Saturday with it first & goal at the 5!!! WTH????
They are not running a go route at the 5.

So many of these offenses are timing based...quick outs, slants, bubble screens. You MUST knock off that timing to be successful.
I understand that you do not want a WR to get behind you; but I will take my chances w the QB having time and being accurate for a 30+ yard completion; VS being picked apart in a clock chewing, dink-dunk/chase, wide open 10 yard route.

Reactions: superflyby
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT