ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 🆚 Marlins 8/18/21 To Sweep 🧹 for the Streak 😎

Pfunk Cock

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2004
Charleston
Welcome to another edition of Gamecock Central Braves Baseball ⚾️ Chat 💬 . I am your host @Pfunk Cock along with a plethora of regular participants in the chat. The surge of storms continued all night with torrential downpours and intermittent periods of calm before the storms would rage again. It is a little scary at times but Mother Nature is just making a course correction and that takes a lot of power. As evidence has shown in the Eastern Division Standings. The teams along the Coastlines for the Mets fan who reads my column everyday on the sly 😎😎 (I always feel a cold chill when he lurks) 😂😂😂😂. Mother Nature has been cleansing the Standings and has erased the blasphemy that was pretending to be a contender. 😎😎. Tonight we intend to ride that storm through the Eastern Division and leave the disheveled pieces to fight for second as the. Bridesmaids that they are. Now back to our regularly scheduled session 😎.
The Braves will look to sweep 🧹 the series by taking tonight’s finale to continue the streak. The Marlins were sellers at the deadline but they still have the capability to score runs and pitch a surprisingly good ballgame on any given night . They are starting to showcase pitchers they have acquired in the past two seasons wheeling and dealing away veteran stars to scale back the payroll disaster that was bestowed upon the new ownership. It is a prime area for good baseball and o hope that they have finally the right ownership group to have a sustainable presence in the league.
Pregame Analysis
The Braves will throw Charlie Morton in the finale to try and complete the sweep 🧹. He has been pitching tremendously during this second half surge and he needs to continue what he has been doing because it is working like magic 🪄. He has had pretty good luck against the Marlins starting lineup and should have a very good chance of accomplishing this task.
He will be opposed by one of those new acquisitions from The A’s Jesus Luzardo (LHP) who seems to be another inaccurate young pitcher with control issues resulting in a high Walk to strikeout ratio, a high era and 14 home runs would indicate that when he does throw strikes he is missing his spots resulting in a lot of solid contact. He is a Major League Level Pitcher so he obviously has potential, he just hasn’t seemed to have mastered his craft well enough to be successful at this time. I would love for the Braves to show patience at the plate and await a mistake that is bound to be made which is indicative with his current era and again high WHIP 1.91 per inning. He does have a winning record in the National League stint 2-1 but an 9.20 era in 14.2 innings. He has 17 hits , 13 K and 11 BB.
With Stars like these the betting line will be heavily in favor of the Braves and I will not even have to throw the Bo wS o. This one. I expect to get 6-7 strong from Morton, a bevy of run support and little used pitchers finishing the night in Mop Up duty. The team has begun to show great patience at times though there are some instances of guess the first pitch Ambush attempts at ridiculously inappropriate times. 😒😒. (Bases Loaded and nobody out).
Starting Lineup Braves
Albies 2B
Soler RF
Freeman 1B
Riley 3B
Swanson ss
D’Arnaud C
Duvall LF
Heredia CF
Morton RHP

Starting Lineup Marlins
Rojas ss