ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Newton is the most

Overpaid - overhyped QB in the NFL - is an absolute choke job

Imagine being so blind to reality that you'd actually post something like this when Cam played one of his best games of the season. I hated the guy in college too, but you don't see me doubling down on my stupidity just because of a personal vendetta.

No way in hell Brees wins that game with Cam's supporting cast. It's a joke to suggest otherwise.

Reactions: ammonsw
I don't like Cam, but he's a very good QB.

This is a quite reasonable take. His personality isn't for everyone. I didn't like him until he came to the Panthers, and even then it took me a while to appreciate him.

To say he is a bad QB is admitting one of two things: either your hate gets in the way of appreciating a special football player, or you don't know anything about the modern NFL.

And the Panthers still should'v won. A missed chip shot fg and a dropped td is the difference in the game.

Yeap . I knew that KB trade would come back to bite them in the end . Would have been nice to have a 6’5 big body receiver with hands in the red zone .

Cam simply holds the ball too long and takes too many sack in critical situations. He just is not one of the NFL top QBs.

Doesn’t hold it nearly as long as Big Ben, Cam and Ben are NOT top NFL QBs? Get real!

Weird...I saw a QB consistently make terrific throws throughout the game on the road while his receivers dropped critical passes that turned the momentum in the game. Dude threw for 350 yards, 2 TD's and most importantly didn't turn the ball over. What a moronic post.

Totally agree. Kicker miss 26 yard field goal, two receivers drop TD passes and lose by five points. Kicker makes kick in first quarter then they only need FG for one point win. Quit nurturing your Cam hatred. He is one of the NFL best young QBs.

Reactions: cockyboyjae
This.

And Stafford is the highest paid player in the league. Splain that bs...

helluva smart guy who got a big contract and has a number 7th QB rating this year ( no telling what the rating would be if he had a better surrounding cast of players ) and has been rated high through out his career with a SHITTY team his entire career...thats how

Last edited:
While i agree with your Newton post...Newton has a career 85 rating and Stafford has a 88 rating..playing on a shitty team his whole career
Brees has a 96 career rating
Stafford is the Barry Sanders of QBs... too bad they weren't in Detroit at the same time. Walter Payton at least had that one good year.

Or his toughness.

exactly, was just going to post his durability...these doubters need to check the times he plays injured and the few games in his career he's missed

played in all 16 games the last 6 seasons

correct, anyone that questions Stafford's ability doesnt know much about the NFL
Certainly not questioning his ability or durability, but Stafford being the highest paid player in the league... is a joke. Sure, he has been on some shitty teams, Mark Brunnell was on some shitty teams too, but he managed to find the post season. (For much less $$)

Certainly not questioning his ability, but Stafford being the highest paid player in the league... is a joke. Sure he has been on some shitty teams, Mark Brunnell was on some shitty teams too, but he managed to find the post season.

Stafford has played in ALL 16 games in a season the last 6 straight years... unheard of ..that will get you paid... not even counting what a terrific QB he is

Stafford has played in ALL 16 games in a season the last 6 straight years... unheard of ..that will get you paid... not even counting what a terrific QB he is
A notable accomplishment, no doubt. But I would expect the highest paid player in the league to own better post season stats than 4tds and 3ints in 3 games. He had Megatron for 2 of those games, it's not like he was throwing the ball to Don Beebe.

Very polarizing cat, to say the least. My personal opinion of him is my own, but I will comment on his skill set. From a purely physical standpoint- Cam may be the most gifted athlete whoever played the position. But make no mistake- he’s not in the same class as Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, or many of the all-time greats. Has a cannon of an arm, but bottom line he doesn’t throw touch passes well, and is not nearly consistent enough regarding his accuracy. His feet make up for some of that as he’s obviously a very gifted runner. But, he misses way too many passes, and always has. He is definitely a top level QB however, and is very well having a hall of fame career, at least up to this point. I agree- better weapons will help him.

Reactions: rogue cock
A notable accomplishment, no doubt. But I would expect the highest paid player in the league to own better post season stats than 4tds and 3ints in 3 games. He had Megatron for 2 of those games, it's not like he was throwing the ball to Don Beebe.
Don Beebe was one of the most underrated players in the league. Ever.

Reactions: wentzel25
Beat me to it. What are his stats in the playoffs? He's been on a few good teams and hasn't delivered.

The game where he got injured went to the sideline because he had to come off the field. But there was a penalty so he didn't have to come out. He tracked what was happening the whole time and hopped off the training table and went back in.

Not to mention the ESPN commercial where UGA drops water on the floor and Stafford comes in and accuses him of peeing on the floor. Instant classic. Hopefully he's the highest paid in that category, too.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04

i

Indeed. Great special teams player, but he had something like 3,000 career receiving yards over 9 seasons. Not exactly WR1 numbers.

Beat me to it. What are his stats in the playoffs? He's been on a few good teams and hasn't delivered.

thank goodness for Stafford, if it wasnt for him, Detroit would've not average 7 wins a year during Stafford's career....football the ultimate team sport

thank goodness for Stafford, if it wasnt for him, Detroit would've not average 7 wins a year during Stafford's career....football the ultimate team sport
Are we assuming they are playing without a qb? Are they playing with the backup during those years? How did you determine this?

Also, how many wins would the lions have avg'd over this same time span with Cam at QB?

How did this become Stafford versus Newton? They are both top QBs, but don’t tell me Newton has a cast on OFFENSE head and shoulders above Detroit’s offense especially with Megatron. If so, maybe Stafford should have left some of that money on the table to get some free agents.

If that is the case why is it every year he's been in the league he ranks at the middle to bottom of starting quarterbacks. Except for the one year they went to the Super Bowl.
Cam Newton does not have the weapons that these other guys have at wr. Also, the Panthers are a run oriented team. He's not going to throw the ball 50 times like drew brees or Aaron Rodgers. But if you can name me more than 5 qbs better than him I'll call you a liar.

If that is the case why is it every year he's been in the league he ranks at the middle to bottom of starting quarterbacks. Except for the one year they went to the Super Bowl.
Cam Newton does not have the weapons that these other guys have at wr. Also, the Panthers are a run oriented team. He's not going to throw the ball 50 times like drew brees or Aaron Rodgers. But if you can name me more than 5 qbs better than him I'll call you a liar.
Well let's see Wentz, Brady, Matt Ryan, big Ben, Stafford, Alex Smith, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Rivers, Bortles, Mariota, Watson. They are all ranked higher than him and they are all better than him. He's nothing but mouth totally overrated.

Reactions: rogue cock
Well let's see Wentz, Brady, Matt Ryan, big Ben, Stafford, Alex Smith, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Rivers, Bortles, Mariota, Watson. They are all ranked higher than him and they are all better than him. He's nothing but mouth totally overrated.
Rookie is better than NFL MVP, you heard it here first folks

Rookie is better than NFL MVP, you heard it here first folks
He was an MVP one year same year they went to the Super Bowl. Wasn't worth a shit before and hasn't been sense.

Reactions: drawplay000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT