ADVERTISEMENT

Canadian truckers, Come on down

Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn't apply to small employers.

It never went into effect.

Private employers, travel companies, airlines, entertainment venues, private business can mandate vaccines if they so choose. That's their right.

The rest of your schtick is nonsensical ramblings of your political opinions.

They aimed for all employers. It was challenged in court and determined to be unconstitutional. Doubt you'll find this on the Prisma website though. You might have to start following the law.

You are really always wrong.

They aimed it for employers with 100 or more employees.

OSHA has various standards and regulations that don't apply to smaller employers and never have.

You simply don't have a clue what you are talking about and just make up nonsense.

Now, I'm headed to the lake.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
You are really always wrong.

They aimed it for employers with 100 or more employees.

OSHA has various standards and regulations that don't apply to smaller employers and never have.

You simply don't have a clue what you are talking about and just make it nonsense.

Now, I'm headed to the lake.

Go clear your head Dave. You seem confused.

Employer mandates were attempting to be forced through OSHA. That's completely illegal and a brazen side step of our Constitution. Then there's vaccine passports for travel, entertainment, etc. Now all of these employers who tried to follow these ridiculous mandates are in the crosshairs for lawsuits from every direction.

Pfizer & Moderna COVID-19 vaccine business model: Government gives them billions, gives them immunity for any injuries or if doesn't work, promotes their products for free, and mandates their products. Does that not sound crazy to you?
1. Were you ever forced to take the vaccine?

2. If it is required for travel and entertainment and you feel so strongly about not getting the vaccine, then why do you care to patronize the very people you are against?

3. You could take out Pfizer and Moderna and put any business that benefitted from PPP. You act like “big pharma” is rich just because of the vaccine (I’m sure they were struggling prior) and that any of your other “remedies” to fight Covid aren’t produced by “big Pharma” as well.

1. Were you ever forced to take the vaccine?

2. If it is required for travel and entertainment and you feel so strongly about not getting the vaccine, then why do you care to patronize the very people you are against?

3. You could take out Pfizer and Moderna and put any business that benefitted from PPP. You act like “big pharma” is rich just because of the vaccine (I’m sure they were struggling prior) and that any of your other “remedies” to fight Covid aren’t produced by “big Pharma” as well.
1) They did their best but got shut down in the court system. Earlier in his term, Biden stated that he wanted to see over 90% vax status in the US. He did everything in his power to accomplish that. As it turns out, most of it was illegal and now employers are starring down the legal barrel as a result.

2) They wanted to impose vaccine travel mandates. That impacts pretty much everyone unless you're going to sit in your house all day. Let's also not forget it's not doing anything for transmission/infection so there was no basis from even a medical perspective.

3) It's all about patents and royalties. There's no money in Ivermectin and the others.

Reactions: Neanderthal
Don't you know you're not a patriot until you loot a drugstore or burn down a dry cleaner?

I have learned recently that you're not a patriot until you've broken into government buildings, attempted to stop democratic election processes, and called for the lynching of publicly elected governmental officials. Is that the same thing??

You're not a patriot until you work to restrict or suppress constitutional rights to peacefully protest, to freely vote in elections, and to protect the safety and health of yourself and your family. Same thing??

Perhaps those things I've mentioned don't rise to the same platform as burning down a dry cleaner.....

Agree on the sentiment about children. But are we saying all protests should stop, or just this one?

The former leads to a discussion on how to enact change without protesting.

The latter leads to people choosing their usual sides, claiming only their side is protesting for real, and comparisons about deaths, destruction and violence between protests.
Maybe not all but honestly we as a society protest everything now and most is not for resolution but rather to act stupid. Protests are now just people pitching fits and not looking for change. That is why I say as a society it’s time to grow up. Know how to get your point across without acting stupid. Also stop listening to idiots on social media, they are dimwits with nothing to do but stir up trouble behind a computer screen and then watch the world burn and laugh at it.

Maybe not all but honestly we as a society protest everything now and most is not for resolution but rather to act stupid. Protests are now just people pitching fits and not looking for change. That is why I say as a society it’s time to grow up. Know how to get your point across without acting stupid. Also stop listening to idiots on social media, they are dimwits with nothing to do but stir up trouble behind a computer screen and then watch the world burn and laugh at it.

Sure. Let's allow elected leaders to quietly double our money supply in 10 years while enriching themselves through insider trader of speculative assets.

Let's allow them to impose mandates on a vaccine that isn't stopping transmission and can hurt people.

Let's allow them to block medications that could help people so they can increase their profit margin.

Let's allow them to talk up reasons for another war.

These aren't conspiracy theories. This is what is actually happening right now and this is why a good part of the world has had enough.

Reactions: Cybercock

Agreed.

I have learned recently that you're not a patriot until you've broken into government buildings, attempted to stop democratic election processes, and called for the lynching of publicly elected governmental officials. Is that the same thing??

You're not a patriot until you work to restrict or suppress constitutional rights to peacefully protest, to freely vote in elections, and to protect the safety and health of yourself and your family. Same thing??

Perhaps those things I've mentioned don't rise to the same platform as burning down a dry cleaner.....
I've read your posts, Conway Gamecock, and it seems you've learned nothing.

Your group's four year coup attempt, recent summer of terror, and litany of threats of those with whom they disagree are still fresh in the memory of those not suffering from cognitive dissonance.

Don't pretend to be concerned about constitutional rights. That document is merely an inconvenience or convenience to y'all, depending on the situation. When you think it will help you, it's like a booty call. "Hey, Constitution, you up?" And as far as your ridiculous comment on freely voting in elections, the only point you're making is that Goebbels was right about lying.

But that's okay, I guess. It's difficult to grasp patriotism when your side has none.

I’m ok with it. This protest is against unnecessary mandates. A lot of this thread went way off the rails. People who are not vaxed and has the antibodies from being affected are more protected then Vaxed people that’s never had the virus. Why do they need to be vaxed ? Plus , just about everything thhave tried has been knee jerk reactions and proven to have been more harmful then helpful. Except for Pfizer

I see this protest against mandates as important as the parents holding schools and school boards accountable. Look at this kids hearing they don’t have to wear wear mask anymore.

That student clip video is typical propaganda the far right falls for.

So I teach. I can tell my kids 5 seconds before I hit record I’m going to announce a mask mandate has been put in place the rest of the year. Jump up and down and celebrate and I’ll give you the rest of the day off and you can play on your phones.

Most kids don’t give a $hit about masks one way or the other. They’ll do what they need to do to get through their day. It’s the adults that use kids as political pawns that are a special type of $hit. These people in Nevada are included in that category.

• Haha
Reactions: Cybercock
Not sure we need the truckers that will sit around and block the road ways. No complaining about the inevitable price hikes and lack of supply that will inevitably occur thanks to these “patriots” that think they are above the law.
We need these law abiding patriots who will fight and protest against tyranny Unlike the government thugs killing, burning and destroying our cities. Aka blm, antifa etc. Inflation, shortages etc are all on the back of biden and company and no one else no matter how hard you try to spin.

• Haha
Reactions: rogue cock
We need these law abiding patriots who will fight and protest against tyranny Unlike the government thugs killing, burning and destroying our cities. Aka blm, antifa etc. Inflation, shortages etc are all on the back of biden and company and no one else no matter how hard you try to spin.
Never stated that Biden is blameless. I’m not a talking parrot for either side. But surely you understand how blocking a road puts the other 90% of truckers unable to do their job and the effects that has on the supply chain. You my friend cannot spin that as well.

And by the way calling these “law abiding patriots” who were dispersed by the Canadian government for breaking the law seems a little far fetched from the reality.

Most kids don’t give a $hit about masks one way or the other.

This is not my experience with any of my children, nor with the vast majority of their classmates (per those same children).

Maybe it's closer to reality than just "far right propoganda".

GCBen. Your 1000% wrong on kids not caring about wearing mask at school. . They do it to comply - which parents go along with because in person learning is 1000% better then the zoom disaster. Not because it’s effective.

and if you’re a teacher and don’t understand this. 👀

Btw. I fully understand that your perception is your reality . You would have to ASSUME your narrative into the story to fit your beliefs. Nothing I can say or show will change your perception. Have a good day.

Never stated that Biden is blameless. I’m not a talking parrot for either side. But surely you understand how blocking a road puts the other 90% of truckers unable to do their job and the effects that has on the supply chain. You my friend cannot spin that as well.

Good to start with a funny joke.

Blocking the roads will certainly exacerbate the supply chain issues, but I hope we don't pivot to claiming that's the initial or main cause. I'm sure some will try, in partisan attempts to lessen Bidens ownership of the issue.

But I read his post as highlighting the main difference in the two protesting groups, the violence.

Dude, these guys aren’t patriots - they’re Canadian Q-anon. Just another fringe group trying to scream the loudest at the behest of one political party or another.

GCBen. Your 1000% wrong on kids not caring about wearing mask at school. . They do it to comply - which parents go along with because in person learning is 1000% better then the zoom disaster. Not because it’s effective.

and if you’re a teacher and don’t understand this. 👀

Btw. I fully understand that your perception is your reality . You would have to ASSUME your narrative into the story to fit your beliefs. Nothing I can say or show will change your perception. Have a good day.
1. Id never say one size fits all but most kids really don’t care about masks. If that’s what it takes to get them to play sports, graduate, etc….most are more than willing. And if you think most kids/parents comply in public education in 2022, you’re really not paying attention to what’s going on in public schools today.

2. Teaching over zoom can be just as effective, if not more, than in person. No fire drills, active shooter drills, bus evacuation drills, pep rallies, interruptions by guidance, administration, etc….It is not for everyone but it has a place. The real problem is the lack of parent involvement and accountability. News flash those kids won’t be successful in person or virtually. They’ll fail no matter what because there are no consequences for failing. Not everyone succeeds in life.

3. It’s possible you’re right about that last paragraph but riddle me this. When’s the last time someone posted on here that changed your views politically? You don’t get to paint one side as narrow minded without showing an ability to change yourself.

And by the way calling these “law abiding patriots” who were dispersed by the Canadian government for breaking the law seems a little far fetched from the reality.
The greatest country this planet has ever seen was founded by patriots who "broke the law" against unjust tyranny.
Ben, I hope you know I like you, you're a good dude and we've had great conversations together. What you're seeing in Canada and Europe WILL play out here as well. Covid has been political from the very beginning. It became a power grab. It has now reached the point of tyranny versus liberty. I know that sounds simplistic but that's what it boils down to. The time will soon come when you have to decide which side you are on. When the crap hits the fan it will be horrific, worse than the civil war, which was state against state. Don't think states like Vermont for example saw much action. This will be inside EVERY state in the country. And the Federal military should not count on their troops being prepared to shoot or bomb their own grandmother or other family members. Some will no doubt. But I imagine many others will have to make the same choice as everyone else. Live free or die fighting against evil tyranny. You have a decision to make my friend. We all do.

1. Id never say one size fits all but most kids really don’t care about masks. If that’s what it takes to get them to play sports, graduate, etc….most are more than willing. And if you think most kids/parents comply in public education in 2022, you’re really not paying attention to what’s going on in public schools today.

I can only go by what my 18 year old tells me at his high school.

Most kids aren't wearing masks.

My son wears a mask most of the time and he says there is a number that do- but they are the minority.

Really none of it is political. Some just are a bit more nervous about COVID than others- and of course some of them have other health concerns and they would do anything if they thought it would even slightly reduce their chances of catching COVID.

For example, one of my son's friend's dad had a really bad bout of COVID -was in the hospital for over a month- and he wears a mask which is understandable.

You can't be law abiding while you are breaking the law.

You either follow the law or not. We aren't talking about a vaccine law or a proposed vaccine law. They are breaking the law by blocking other citizens from being able to freely use the public roads.

The "patriots" designation is a ruse- hear it on Fox News and right wing media all the time- "patriot" this and "patriot" that.

It never, ever applies to people they disagree with politically- no matter if they've served in the armed forces, no matter if they lost limbs or were disabled in a war.

Talk about died in the wool liberals. Some teacher is going to send a kid home for wanting to get rid of a useless mask as shown by all Science markers that's just wrong. Maybe the teacher needs to get sent home. The kids can't breathe well and they touch and move them all the time making them more useless. The spread between masked people and maskless people has been the same. It's all about power and authority over a group that has been gaslighted. It's time to end this power grab and let the individual decide what they want to do.

Talk about died in the wool liberals. Some teacher is going to send a kid home for wanting to get rid of a useless mask as shown by all Science markers that's just wrong.

If the kid is breaking the school rules, he/she should face the consequences of that decision - if that means being sent home- they get sent home.

The proper way is to work to change the rules if one doesn't agree with the rules.

Regardless, the truckers in Canada are breaking the law according to the court.

The truckers should have "declared victory" last week and moved on. At this point, they are seriously hurting the people they claim to care about.

It's all about power and authority over a group that has been gaslighted. It's time to end this power grab and let the individual decide what they want to do.

Power and authority over groups; a power grab? So there are dark forces trying to grab power and control Americans, and the big payoff was getting people to wear a mask in public for a couple of years and to get vaccinated against a global pandemic? Seems a bit of a waste of time. Where’s the mind control, or enslaving the population? Dark forces aren’t what they used to be.

Talk about died in the wool liberals. Some teacher is going to send a kid home for wanting to get rid of a useless mask as shown by all Science markers that's just wrong. Maybe the teacher needs to get sent home. The kids can't breathe well and they touch and move them all the time making them more useless. The spread between masked people and maskless people has been the same. It's all about power and authority over a group that has been gaslighted. It's time to end this power grab and let the individual decide what they want to do.
The womens US hockey team competed and won in a mask. But maybe those girls are just tougher than you. That’s probably a hard pill to swallow though.

This issue has gotten very political and most schools gave up the mask fight a long time ago since those school board positions are elected. The reality is no one cares about safety, they care about looking out for their school board jobs and that’s the sad reality of it.

Power and authority over groups; a power grab? So there are dark forces trying to grab power and control Americans, and the big payoff was getting people to wear a mask in public for a couple of years and to get vaccinated against a global pandemic? Seems a bit of a waste of time. Where’s the mind control, or enslaving the population? Dark forces aren’t what they used to be.
Exactly. Let’s pretend for a second what the other side said is true. I’m trying to brain wash kids and spread liberal propaganda.

For the purpose of making my job easier I think I would start my brainwashing by getting kids to turn in their school work. However, despite my best efforts I have failed miserably in that “brainwashing” attempt.

The greatest country this planet has ever seen was founded by patriots who "broke the law" against unjust tyranny.
Ben, I hope you know I like you, you're a good dude and we've had great conversations together. What you're seeing in Canada and Europe WILL play out here as well. Covid has been political from the very beginning. It became a power grab. It has now reached the point of tyranny versus liberty. I know that sounds simplistic but that's what it boils down to. The time will soon come when you have to decide which side you are on. When the crap hits the fan it will be horrific, worse than the civil war, which was state against state. Don't think states like Vermont for example saw much action. This will be inside EVERY state in the country. And the Federal military should not count on their troops being prepared to shoot or bomb their own grandmother or other family members. Some will no doubt. But I imagine many others will have to make the same choice as everyone else. Live free or die fighting against evil tyranny. You have a decision to make my friend. We all do.
I respect difference of opinion. I’ll acknowledge that breaking the law isn’t always the moral compass…that assumes all laws are good, which they are not. They are as imperfect as the people that make them.

I do not believe we are the verge of a Civil War, just because the complexities of beliefs on these issues lie in every single state.

I do believe this country has to figure out how they want to proceed. Polarizing politics are disgusting on both sides and this country will not be better unless it figures out how to find a middle ground. I believe that there is a growing population in this country that is fed up with the crap from the far left and the far right. It’s just a matter of time before a legitimate third party emerges in this country and it is long overdue.

I can only go by what my 18 year old tells me at his high school.

Most kids aren't wearing masks.

My son wears a mask most of the time and he says there is a number that do- but they are the minority.

Really none of it is political. Some just are a bit more nervous about COVID than others- and of course some of them have other health concerns and they would do anything if they thought it would even slightly reduce their chances of catching COVID.

For example, one of my son's friend's dad had a really bad bout of COVID -was in the hospital for over a month- and he wears a mask which is understandable.
I agree that many are not wearing masks but many are as well. Some don’t because they never will. Some don’t just to rebel. Some don’t because they are young and think they’re invincible. Heck I’ll even acknowledge their likelihood of getting a severe case is rare, but that doesn’t mean someone they love won’t get a more severe case due to their decision.

Some are wearing masks out of fear of getting Covid or spreading it to a susceptible family member. Some are wearing it for nothing more than to be less engaged with others, which is sad but brutally honest.

When I say political it’s about staging videos of kids celebrating not wearing a mask or school boards waving a mask mandate to bend to their constituents. That part is very political. Most kids could care less about politics at their age. The 18-25 age group is usually horrendous at voter turnout. Very little of their decisions are political.

By the way I appreciate the kind words. We need more of this on this forum. We may not always see eye to eye politically, and no two posters do. But I respect your difference of opinion and ability to state it professionally and eloquently without making it personal.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
There's the problem. Couple of years? First it was a couple of weeks. Next a couple of months, then a couple of years. We went from a goal of slowing the spread as not to overcrowd hospitals to stopping the spread. Not to mention we havent always been told the truth. Looking back it would appear the American people have been a victim of bait and switch and are catching on.
Now we have a teachers union president who wants to see no covid cases in schools before removing masks. That's totally off the wall wacko there.
I dont blame people for having enough. It's about time. That's exactly what it will take for the political science to change because that's what it is, political.

There's the problem. Couple of years? First it was a couple of weeks. Next a couple of months, then a couple of years. We went from a goal of slowing the spread as not to overcrowd hospitals to stopping the spread. Not to mention we havent always been told the truth. Looking back it would appear the American people have been a victim of bait and switch and are catching on.
Now we have a teachers union president who wants to see no covid cases in schools before removing masks. That's totally off the wall wacko there.
I dont blame people for having enough. It's about time. That's exactly what it will take for the political science to change because that's what it is, political.

Bait and switch by whom and for what purpose? To get people to wear masks?

I think most people are over having to think about Covid. And yes, the messaging has changed over the last two years, but that’s because Covid is a moving target. The different variants all provided different issues. Hopefully omicron (being highly contagious with the mildest symptoms) is the one that gets us over the hump to finally move past this.

And I fully expect some politicians to try and take advantage of this pandemic years down the road, but that’s why we don’t have singular leaders that make all the decisions for us. So even though people may state something stupid like no school until no cases - that’s not actually what happens.

Yeah, the masks are the ultimate goal, and not a means to keep people scared.

The whole thing was about masks. 🙄

When I say political it’s about staging videos of kids celebrating not wearing a mask or school boards waving a mask mandate to bend to their constituents. That part is very political.

Was it staged?

And waving a mask mandate may have more behind it than political pandering, given the effectiveness of them.

2. Teaching over zoom can be just as effective, if not more, than in person. No fire drills, active shooter drills, bus evacuation drills, pep rallies, interruptions by guidance, administration, etc….It is not for everyone but it has a place. The real problem is the lack of parent involvement and accountability. News flash those kids won’t be successful in person or virtually. They’ll fail no matter what because there are no consequences for failing. Not everyone succeeds in life.

3. It’s possible you’re right about that last paragraph but riddle me this. When’s the last time someone posted on here that changed your views politically? You don’t get to paint one side as narrow minded without showing an ability to change yourself.

My personal experience is the opposite with kids and their feelings on masks.

And I disagree strongly that teaching on zoom can be as effective or more so. I'd be willing to entertain that thought for older children, but not middle or grade school, at all. But this has been hashed and rehashed on this forum enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT