ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Vandy baseball on ESPN 2 tonight.

PC31

Gold Member
Apr 30, 2005
Thursday at 8pm on ESPN2 for those so inclined.
Come on Gamecocks. Give us something to cheer about.

• Haha
Reactions: cockofdawn
Exactly why we will never win under Kingston. Leaves Hall in the game way to long. No one in bullpen warming up while the kid is struggling. Got 4 good innings out of Hall and should have never started the 5th with him. We will never ever be what we were again with this coaching staff.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Exactly why we will never win under Kingston. Leaves Hall in the game way to long. No one in bullpen warming up while the kid is struggling. Got 4 good innings out of Hall and should have never started the 5th with him. We will never ever be what we were again with this coaching staff.
I agree. Seems like he is good every game for 3-4 innings and then the wheels fall off.
At this juncture forget saving the staff and quit playing for tomorrow— it’s not working anyway

Sad. I didn't even watch because I really didn't care to be aggravated. Without a turnaround, I see Tanner having no choice but to make a change. Well, maybe not Tanner. Hopefully, not Tanner. I do know that there are some powerful folks wanting Ray out before he can botch another coaching search. We will see if anybody in true power is listening

Sad. I didn't even watch because I really didn't care to be aggravated. Without a turnaround, I see Tanner having no choice but to make a change. Well, maybe not Tanner. Hopefully, not Tanner. I do know that there are some powerful folks wanting Ray out before he can botch another coaching search. We will see if anybody in true power is listening
DITTO

Last night was a Moral Victory, they only lost by a TD and a FG...
Seriously? 10 runs. Or did they miss the extra point, and it was only 9 runs? Ha. Damn this is embarrassing.
So who do you think Ray has on his "short list" for baseball? He mentioned yesterday how you have to have a short list always ready for every sport as the AD.

Yep, they do need another XP kicker, but All of Vandy's players are walk ons, so they are excused for missing an XTRA point, However against SC they was a Holding call on teh miss and he got another attempt, SO 10 it was!!

• Haha
Reactions: TAV31
It's the goose egg that bothers me. Let's say we have a good day on the mound. Does anyone think we can win a battle of pitchers? Vandy is very good at manufacturing runs and situational baseball. Us? Smdh

Many sweeps coming I think.
What would you put over/under on series wins?
Max 2 series wins, but 0 sweeps. This team may accidentally win a series or 2. It is hard to believe where the baseball program is 12 years after winning its first CWS. Endless suffering is no way to live, but being a SC fan makes it seem that there is no sunny weather. Dawn is the only one who has built a success. I would say in spite of the Athletics Department and not because of it. I am holding out hope for Beamer, but in the SEC, we are fighting strong headwinds. We will never have the $ of UGA, UF, or even UT in the East.

Max 2 series wins, but 0 sweeps. This team may accidentally win a series or 2. It is hard to believe where the baseball program is 12 years after winning its first CWS. Endless suffering is no way to live, but being a SC fan makes it seem that there is no sunny weather. Dawn is the only one who has built a success. I would say in spite of the Athletics Department and not because of it. I am holding out hope for Beamer, but in the SEC, we are fighting strong headwinds. We will never have the $ of UGA, UF, or even UT in the East.
Concur on series wins.

Every year our swings look good to start the year. These guys are getting good instruction in the offseason. By the end of the year, not so much. They come back, they look good again. Every year it's the same thing. I can only assume it's the instruction they get in summer leagues. Maybe that's where we need to be looking for a coach. Beats the heck out of hiring a .500 coach with a line of bs from a mid-major simply because he's a college ball coach. We gotta look outside the box. I'm afraid development is on the way out the door in this day of transfer portals. Not good for someone in the cellar of their league. We need to look outside the college game.
My 2 cents.

Reactions: Jbouton2
At least we know now that Clemson is really a bad baseball team - lost to Pittsburgh 8-0 today in the 1st game of a doubleheader, to fall to 2-6 in their last 8 games. And so we ALSO know how bad our own baseball team is to get swept by them.......

At least we know now that Clemson is really a bad baseball team - lost to Pittsburgh 8-0 today in the 1st game of a doubleheader, to fall to 2-6 in their last 8 games. And so we ALSO know how bad our own baseball team is to get swept by them.......
Coastal beat the taters 16-7 the other night. Good thing we dont play them.

Tonight is a new chance. In the understatement of the year category, Carolina and Kingston need a win. We all need a win. Come on Gamecocks!

Every year our swings look good to start the year. These guys are getting good instruction in the offseason. By the end of the year, not so much. They come back, they look good again. Every year it's the same thing. I can only assume it's the instruction they get in summer leagues. Maybe that's where we need to be looking for a coach. Beats the heck out of hiring a .500 coach with a line of bs from a mid-major simply because he's a college ball coach. We gotta look outside the box. I'm afraid development is on the way out the door in this day of transfer portals. Not good for someone in the cellar of their league. We need to look outside the college game.
My 2 cents.
Interesting thoughts. Never looked at it that way 🤔

Time for people to slow there roll on talking trash about our baseball team. They got swept by a tenn team that beat the crap out of #1 ole miss last night . I will be there today loud as hell rooting for my yardcocks to take the series against #4 vandy after embarrising them last night. Yall can go pull for clemson and move up there to. Baseball is a long season.

Time for people to slow there roll on talking trash about our baseball team. They got swept by a tenn team that beat the crap out of #1 ole miss last night . I will be there today loud as hell rooting for my yardcocks to take the series against #4 vandy after embarrising them last night. Yall can go pull for clemson and move up there to. Baseball is a long season.
In other words.... if you do t like the direction of the program, shut the hell up, you can’t say anything negative. Sorta like let’s go Brandon??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT