ADVERTISEMENT

Caslen called us University of California!

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Yeah, he need to go. I'm all for someone more conservative than most of the left wingers we see in education, but he or she still need to be competent. He's not up to the job. Bad hire.

Left wingers weren’t worried about Caslen’s personal politics. They were worried about his competence and the interference of state politicians in the process. Sadly for the University they were right

im-lost-for.jpg

He is a perfect example of how good-ole-boy SC politics holds USC back. He is mediocre at best and for some reason South Carolina has decided its ok to settle for that.

Just so everyone knows......two excellent higher ed leaders that were at USC at the time were passed over for the Caslen hire. Joan Gabel was USC Provost and afterwards moved on to become the first female President of the University of Minnesota. William F. Tate was Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs until yesterday when it was announced he will become the first African American President of Louisiana State University.

Our incompetent BOT decided to play a game of political scratch my back and I will scratch yours rather than hire the most qualified candidate.

He at least could have said “The University of SOUTH California”! Didn’t even get the directional part right. :)

Reactions: cadcock
Well, some tried to warn others but we were told my some he was a good conservative and a military man. Not sure what that had to do with running a University but some love labels...qualifications be damned.

I didn't like the hiring process but thought, hey we will have a conservative to offset the very well populated liberals running USC and educating our kids. Thought he might have changed some thinking or at least got them to see the other side of the coin. He was not the right guy for that. Simple as that.

Left wingers weren’t worried about Caslen’s personal politics. They were worried about his competence and the interference of state politicians in the process. Sadly for the University they were right

Don't pretend that his politics weren't part of it, or most of it. That's a joke.

I didn't like the hiring process but thought, hey we will have a conservative to offset the very well populated liberals running USC and educating our kids. Thought he might have changed some thinking or at least got them to see the other side of the coin. He was not the right guy for that. Simple as that.

Can you give us examples of who the "well populated liberals running USC" are?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT