ADVERTISEMENT

CBS: ranking coaching hires

You have to dismiss the Asst HC title, because that is all it is. It is not a position. It is conferred in order to give the coach a title that will allow a larger salary under the University pay scale. Can you name any HC duties that are assigned to the Asst HC that makes it anything other than just a title? If he wanted to prepare to be a HC then he would have sought a coordinator position. Coordinators have alot of latitude in personnel, the schemes run, and the game time play calling and strategy. Position coaches do not. Moving from position to position does not prepare you to assume HC duties or putting together a staff and coordinating the various position coaches within the system.
I like how you always seem to edit around the key point before you respond. He said check what Lincoln Riley says about Beamer's ability before dismissing the title. He's not been fired, every job he left wanted him to stay and you make it sound like he just keeps jumping ship time and again.

And I'm still waiting to hear which DEs took snaps at DT on an "on schedule" down.

True. But he wasn't interviewed by any other schools in the SEC and wasn't hired by the two smaller schools that interviewed him, so it stands to reason.

Look, I'll give the guy the chance he deserves. But t was a risky hire. Maybe Caslen really has a nose for these things. His football hire at Army certainly worked out.
That's fair. Wait and see if the way to be. I'm cautiously optimistic based on the coaches he's learned under and that he's structuring O and D after exactly the sorts of scheme and concepts I was hoping for going in, based on what the coordinators have said. I just think outright negativity makes kids think twice about wanting to play for a guy who seems to have lost the fanbase before he's played a game. No one wants to be in the shadow of death.

Yet he never coached DBs, LBs. RBs, TEs or ST.....again my point being that Beamer has coached multiple positions. So what current HC has previously coached that many positions?

Many HCs as Coordinators oversee the positions you talk about. They have a sound knowledge of these positions. Those who are still “learning” are position coaches. Looks like SB liked learning...,for a long time. He never made it to a coordinator position.

Many HCs as Coordinators oversee the positions you talk about. They have a sound knowledge of these positions. Those who are still “learning” are position coaches. Looks like SB liked learning...,for a long time. He never made it to a coordinator position.
Not everyone’s path is what you believe it should be. Relax. Sit back and try to enjoy.

You don't know that. You're just making up something and trying to pass it as fact.
It is a fact that from 2000 to Nov. 2020 Shane Beamer was not offered a SEC Head Coaching spot. I'm not passing anything off. That's a fact.
It's also a fact that if his name was Shane McJunkins he still would not have an offer from an SEC school to HC the football team.

This "PROOF police" on this board is insanity. Total idiots.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
He never made it to a coordinator position.
He was STs coordination at USC and nominated for an award. Regardless....it's irrelevant. He's a HC now.

"In 2009 at South Carolina, Beamer was nominated for the Frank Broyles Award, which goes annually to the nation's top assistant coach. His special teams' units recorded five blocked kicks that season, tying for the SEC lead and tying for the eighth-highest total in the nation"

Reactions: Joe MorrisonLives
It is a fact that from 2000 to Nov. 2020 Shane Beamer was not offered a SEC Head Coaching spot. I'm not passing anything off. That's a fact.
Impressive! Got any more irrelevant "facts" to bolster your negativity?

Impressive! Got any more irrelevant "facts" to bolster your negativity?
The truth isn't BEING negative. Discussing this now gives foreground for what is going on now....and we can look back at it later to understand that even though there was a chickensh!t movement in 2021 around this coach, many true usc football fans saw through the BS and still want the best for the program....not the best for one man's resume and career. We will be here long after Shane Beamer is gone.

Reactions: SOSUSC
The truth isn't BEING negative. Discussing this now gives foreground for what is going on now....and we can look back at it later to understand that even though there was a chickensh!t movement in 2021 around this coach, many true usc football fans saw through the BS and still want the best for the program....not the best for one man's resume and career. We will be here long after Shane Beamer is gone.
I love what you’ve done. If Shane fails, you were right all along. If he succeeds you will be celebrating like the rest of us. Pretty good win win for yourself.

I love what you’ve done. If Shane fails, you were right all along. If he succeeds you will be celebrating like the rest of us. Pretty good win win for yourself.
Can you imagine how miserable he will be if Beamer wins 10 games next year

• Haha
Reactions: TAV31
With the previous HC, we had a past experience to give us plenty of cautionary flags ( something that the hiring authorities ignored). With Shane Beamer, we don't have any evidence to go by to say he will fail or succeed. We can make ourselves miserable and choose the negative. I agree with what was said earlier that he has had a solid start. In addition to his late start recruiting efforts, looks to me like he has assembled a really good staff, at least on paper, anyway.

I don't know about the rest of you but, I'm looking forward to this football season more than any other in recent memory. Obviously, I choose not to be negative.

True USC football fans? You’re full of crap, true fans don’t trash the school they claim to support nor offer up ONLY negative comments. So get off your high horse and stop the condescension.

I like how you always seem to edit around the key point before you respond. He said check what Lincoln Riley says about Beamer's ability before dismissing the title. He's not been fired, every job he left wanted him to stay and you make it sound like he just keeps jumping ship time and again.

And I'm still waiting to hear which DEs took snaps at DT on an "on schedule" down.
No, you are waiting on second answer. I've already answered and don't intend to answer again just because you are too stupid to comprehend.

How do you edit around? That is a stupid comment. I didn't edit anything. I responded directly to a comment about Beamer being an Asst HC. I don't know what the hell you were reading, or at this point even if you CAN read.

Hu
No, you are waiting on second answer. I've already answered and don't intend to answer again just because you are too stupid to comprehend.

How do you edit around? That is a stupid comment. I didn't edit anything. I responded directly to a comment about Beamer being an Asst HC. I don't know what the hell you were reading, or at this point even if you CAN read.
Meaning edit in your head. You ignored the key parts of his argument. You always do that. You're dishonest because you only got the part of the arguments that suit you. Your insults don't reflect a man in control or winning an argument. And I'm giving you crap until you acknowledge you're wrong about DEs taking snaps at DT. Pickens is a DT at 305 and Burch only rotated in on passing downs. You called me a liar and getting irrationally angry and condescending on a message board is a personal failing.

Hu
Meaning edit in your head. You ignored the key parts of his argument. You always do that. You're dishonest because you only got the part of the arguments that suit you. Your insults don't reflect a man in control or winning an argument. And I'm giving you crap until you acknowledge you're wrong about DEs taking snaps at DT. Pickens is a DT at 305 and Burch only rotated in on passing downs. You called me a liar and getting irrationally angry and condescending on a message board is a personal failing.
i did not EDIT ANYTHING ANYWHERE! You must have a brick for a head. I responded directly to to the comment. Show where I did not or STFU.

i did not EDIT ANYTHING ANYWHERE! You must have a brick for a head. I responded directly to to the comment. Show where I did not or STFU.
Seriously, do you not get rhetoric? You didn't go into his post and change it. You, while reading, metaphorically edited it in your mind and literally ignored the part where he says listen to what Riley says about Beamer. Putz.

Keep on getting pissed off about strangers on the internet and undercutting your favorite team. Clearly this is your best life, god love ya.

what is old is how oblivious to reality and all things related to football you are....even as either a) a Beamer family member or b) paid supporter of his.
I have been watching football for longer than you have probably been alive. What level of stupid do you have to have to assume a poster is part of Beamer’s family or somehow is being paid to post on a free forum? Just because I’m not trashing the university like you do with every post? For someone who claims to be a fan, you sure have a strange way of showing it.

I have been watching football for longer than you have probably been alive. What level of stupid do you have to have to assume a poster is part of Beamer’s family or somehow is being paid to post on a free forum? Just because I’m not trashing the university like you do with every post? For someone who claims to be a fan, you sure have a strange way of showing it.

Don’t mischaracterize what he is saying. He is a fan - of the University. He is pointing out the ineptitude of the AD and his abysmal hiring record. Disaster after disaster. You don’t have to be loyal to a coach to be loyal to the university. Don’t confuse this. You have come in here and in post after post beaten up on any poster who questions the Beamer hire.

Don’t mischaracterize what he is saying. He is a fan - of the University. He is pointing out the ineptitude of the AD and his abysmal hiring record. Disaster after disaster. You don’t have to be loyal to a coach to be loyal to the university. Don’t confuse this. You have come in here and in post after post beaten up on any poster who questions the Beamer hire.
No, I have defended the hire. We have posters who trash the hire without a single practice having taken place. Outside of Muschamp where have the dismal hires been? Kingston seems to have a good team. Everyone in the country would have jumped at hiring Holbrook. So where is this stream of bad hires?

Seriously, do you not get rhetoric? You didn't go into his post and change it. You, while reading, metaphorically edited it in your mind and literally ignored the part where he says listen to what Riley says about Beamer. Putz.

Keep on getting pissed off about strangers on the internet and undercutting your favorite team. Clearly this is your best life, god love ya.
His comment about Lincoln Riley was rhetorical and was not the point of his post. He said "ask Lincoln Riley" like I'm really going to ask Lincoln Riley a question, especially a subjective non factual question has no bearing on the topic. I swear you are as dense as hair on dogs back. I answered the direct point with no editing whatsoever. I don't answer to nonsensical side notes. You need to learn the difference or continue to make an absolute fool of yourself.

His comment about Lincoln Riley was rhetorical and was not the point of his post. He said "ask Lincoln Riley" like I'm really going to ask Lincoln Riley a question, especially a subjective non factual question has no bearing on the topic. I swear you are as dense as hair on dogs back. I answered the direct point with no editing whatsoever. I don't answer to nonsensical side notes. You need to learn the difference or continue to make an absolute fool of yourself.
You don't need to literally ask Lincoln Riley. It was rhetoric, but you can literally find his comments easily and said comments have been posted on this site, putz. Please to know your opinion on football carries more weight than former player and Lincoln Riley. That's why you ignored it, there's no way you missed Riley saying Beamer will be a successful coach. I think it's obvious you're being intentionally dense. I guess you need everything literal and spoon feed to you to keep you from ruining away from arguments.

Edit: I also like how I ask you if you get rhetoric, you make the statement that he made a rhetorical point and used that as justification for ignoring his point that Riley endorses Beamer and trusted him with a lot of responsibility. No you don't get understand rhetoric, you think colorful phrasing means you can ignore the point be driven at.

You don't need to literally ask Lincoln Riley. It was rhetoric, but you can literally find his comments easily and said comments have been posted on this site, putz. Please to know your opinion on football carries more weight than former player and Lincoln Riley. That's why you ignored it, there's no way you missed Riley saying Beamer will be a successful coach. I think it's obvious you're being intentionally dense. I guess you need everything literal and spoon feed to you to keep you from ruining away from arguments.

Edit: I also like how I ask you if you get rhetoric, you make the statement that he made a rhetorical point and used that as justification for ignoring his point that Riley endorses Beamer and trusted him with a lot of responsibility. No you don't get understand rhetoric, you think colorful phrasing means you can ignore the point be driven at.
The problem is you don't understand the point. I only deal in facts. I don't care what Lincoln Riley says. This is similar to what ALL coaches/ADs say when someone leaves. It is just fluff to be ignored and contains no facts. It is meaningless. For all you know Riley could be secretly glad to get rid of him. But for PR purposes, this is what he has to say. If he really doesn't think he will be a good HC, do you think he would come out and say that? Try thinking for a change, if you are capable.

The problem is you don't understand the point. I only deal in facts. I don't care what Lincoln Riley says. This is similar to what ALL coaches/ADs say when someone leaves. It is just fluff to be ignored and contains no facts. It is meaningless. For all you know Riley could be secretly glad to get rid of him. But for PR purposes, this is what he has to say. If he really doesn't think he will be a good HC, do you think he would come out and say that? Try thinking for a change, if you are capable.
Or.... he could be truly expressing his honest opinion. The fact that you automatically assume the worst scenario is pretty telling. This is the biggest point of contention on this forum. Some will see the negative no matter what.

Reactions: Joe MorrisonLives
Or.... he could be truly expressing his honest opinion. The fact that you automatically assume the worst scenario is pretty telling. This is the biggest point of contention on this forum. Some will see the negative no matter what.
No, not at all. I am assuming nothing. I don't place any weight at all on what a coach says about a departing asst. They all say the same things regardless of the circumstances. Can you name for me one time when you heard a coach say his leaving asst is a terrible coach and should never coach again? What's truly telling is how some idiots will hang on every word uttered if it is positive just because they WANT it to be true even with no real evidence. I just don't do that. If I see something that is truly positive, like when Beamer hired Clayton White as DC, I will say so. But that was based on facts, not hopes, dreams, lollipops, and rainbows. If there is no real evidence that it is a positive I will not try to make it into something it's not, like some of you do.

You can say way less if you're just being diplomatic. You're not gonna get your way and get a new coach before he coaches a game? You've basically claimed teenagers won't be turned off by the crap you say, do you really think teenagers don't care about perception? Do you think they're unphased by shade? Can you think at all? The only reason you think he can't coach is because he hasn't been an OC or DC. I've told you countless times that you're working from a fallacy because it's not the same skills and responsibility. Players who hated him when he was here lobbied for him because they thought he was a good culture guy. It doesn't guarantee wins but in all your incessant whining you've brought up nothing that really mattersv except for the crap you're out right wrong about. A list of schools that didn't hire him prove nothing. His lack of coordinator experience doesn't prove a lack of competence and the ramblings of an old man doesn't change his awesome reputation in his profession. The only thing you can do is make student athletes think "yeesh, I don't want this psycho telling me what a failure I am when we drop a game and a fanbase that wants to fire my coach before he coaches a game. You're hurting us with your negativity, unless you think that kids are defined by their serenity and stoicism.

No, not at all. I am assuming nothing. I don't place any weight at all on what a coach says about a departing asst. They all say the same things regardless of the circumstances. Can you name for me one time when you heard a coach say his leaving asst is a terrible coach and should never coach again? What's truly telling is how some idiots will hang on every word uttered if it is positive just because they WANT it to be true even with no real evidence. I just don't do that. If I see something that is truly positive, like when Beamer hired Clayton White as DC, I will say so. But that was based on facts, not hopes, dreams, lollipops, and rainbows. If there is no real evidence that it is a positive I will not try to make it into something it's not, like some of you do.
Bullshit.

You can say way less if you're just being diplomatic. You're not gonna get your way and get a new coach before he coaches a game? You've basically claimed teenagers won't be turned off by the crap you say, do you really think teenagers don't care about perception? Do you think they're unphased by shade? Can you think at all? The only reason you think he can't coach is because he hasn't been an OC or DC. I've told you countless times that you're working from a fallacy because it's not the same skills and responsibility. Players who hated him when he was here lobbied for him because they thought he was a good culture guy. It doesn't guarantee wins but in all your incessant whining you've brought up nothing that really mattersv except for the crap you're out right wrong about. A list of schools that didn't hire him prove nothing. His lack of coordinator experience doesn't prove a lack of competence and the ramblings of an old man doesn't change his awesome reputation in his profession. The only thing you can do is make student athletes think "yeesh, I don't want this psycho telling me what a failure I am when we drop a game and a fanbase that wants to fire my coach before he coaches a game. You're hurting us with your negativity, unless you think that kids are defined by their serenity and stoicism.
Do you just dream sh!t up? Nothing you say is true. I've never made any claims about teenagers. I've never even mentioned teenagers before. Where do you come up with this crap? I never said the man couldn't coach either. All I've said is it is a questionable hire as we have nothing to go on. He may be the greatest coach ever at USC and I HOPE he is, but there is absolutely NOTHING that indicates he will be successful as a HC.

You are fabricating everything that you think I said. I never said we should fire the guy before he coaches a game. That would be totally stupid - like something you'd recommend. I didn't say he can't coach. All I've said is he has never been a HC and not being a coordinator means he hasn't even had secondary coaching experience. It also begs the question that in 20+ years of coaching why has no HC, not even his father, thought enough of him to make him a coordinator? These are merely questions that any reasonable person would ask when looking at the situation. You just want to be defensive and then talk about meaningless garbage like "culture" and "pedigree"(whatever that is) and how well he is liked by people rather than substance. You've never stated one single fact that points to this being a great hire. Its all subjective rah rah stuff and hearsay comments from other people. Just opinionated garbage with no facts.

Do you just dream sh!t up? Nothing you say is true. I've never made any claims about teenagers. I've never even mentioned teenagers before. Where do you come up with this crap? I never said the man couldn't coach either. All I've said is it is a questionable hire as we have nothing to go on. He may be the greatest coach ever at USC and I HOPE he is, but there is absolutely NOTHING that indicates he will be successful as a HC.

You are fabricating everything that you think I said. I never said we should fire the guy before he coaches a game. That would be totally stupid - like something you'd recommend. I didn't say he can't coach. All I've said is he has never been a HC and not being a coordinator means he hasn't even had secondary coaching experience. It also begs the question that in 20+ years of coaching why has no HC, not even his father, thought enough of him to make him a coordinator? These are merely questions that any reasonable person would ask when looking at the situation. You just want to be defensive and then talk about meaningless garbage like "culture" and "pedigree"(whatever that is) and how well he is liked by people rather than substance. You've never stated one single fact that points to this being a great hire. Its all subjective rah rah stuff and hearsay comments from other people. Just opinionated garbage with no facts.
Sorry, I think I got you mixed up with another guy that sounds similar, you two run together sometimes to me. You have claimed you don't hurt the team. I assumed you wanted a new coach because you won't shut your trap and let him do it. You're not being a realist you're being a barrier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT