ADVERTISEMENT

Cincy fires Brannen, ESPN says Frank is a candidate

Boynton already has a better job and it’s not like signing up to work for Ray, or frankly, the current BOT and President, is something that anyone with options wouldn’t likely take a pass on. Marshall is a dented can and we’ve established that we can stomach a men’s basketball coach who is verbally abusive to players, so why not hire one who, in addition to being an insufferable prick, can win?

Marshall being damaged goods may be our only shot to get a halfway decent coach if Frank were to miraculously leave.
I've been as loud a Marshall supporter as anyone. I didn't understand us not taking a chance on him when we hired Horn...but I understand Fogler didn't like him and thought he was like the coach from UF at the time.

Let's be honest with ourselves.
Why would Cincinnati contact a coach who can't win in the SEC which is hardly considered a stellar conference when comes to mens CBB.
They have to ask the question, if he can't win there, what makes one think he will will win here ?

Reactions: vacock# and Brace1
I don’t think most would mind but it would be so unsurprising for Frank to drop us like a rock after after Ray just went to bat to keep him. We should have cleaned house on all those football assistants that were kept only to bolt at the first chance they got.

Reactions: bhp bear
Hasn't Marshall had some major issues?

"Gregg Marshall, the men’s basketball coach at Wichita State, is resigning his position while the university investigates allegations he physically and verbally abused some of his players. He’s getting $7.75 million over the next six years, as part of a “contract settlement,” to walk away."

He was a jerk. Maybe he’s not a nice guy, but he wins games.

Reactions: Brace1
Hasn't Marshall had some major issues?

"Gregg Marshall, the men’s basketball coach at Wichita State, is resigning his position while the university investigates allegations he physically and verbally abused some of his players. He’s getting $7.75 million over the next six years, as part of a “contract settlement,” to walk away."

What gives me pause about the seriousness of those allegations is the large buyout. The allegations would give rise to a "for cause" firing which would negate the buyout. Something is weird about all that.

Let's be honest with ourselves.
Why would Cincinnati contact a coach who can't win in the SEC which is hardly considered a stellar conference when comes to mens CBB.
They have to ask the question, if he can't win there, what makes one think he will will win here ?
Stop it Harvard! You're ruining our much needed fantasy! 😉

Yet the redneck students we had at the time harassed him on his return to cola.........we have such a chump bunch.
EXACTLY. We have always been our worst enemy and are to this day.

As far as Frank being considered at Cincy.....why would he be? Are they not aware of the dumpster fire here in Columbia? If he were somehow even considered one would think that the Cincy power brokers would fire their AD on the spot for obvious incompetence

As far as Frank being considered at Cincy.....why would he be? Are they not aware of the dumpster fire here in Columbia? If he were somehow even considered one would think that the Cincy power brokers would fire their AD on the spot for obvious incompetence
He has a history there...but they will do their due diligence and cross him off the list.

He was as an assistant there under Huggins. That’s about the only reason.

I think the boy that just went to the CofC from Winthrop might turn out to be a better coach than Marshall. There are people who say he is the best coach in the history of the conference Winthrop is in.

Don’t you think I’m 2 years Ray will be gone too. Let’s wait until we have a real AD to hire a basketball coach.

I think the boy that just went to the CofC from Winthrop might turn out to be a better coach than Marshall. There are people who say he is the best coach in the history of the conference Winthrop is in.

He’s a good coach for sure, but Marshall did twice as much and started at literal zero. He built the program into the best job in the conference, and when Kelsey took over it was still the best job in the conference by wide margin. He kept it going where Peele failed, so he certainly gets credit for that. But people let their personal feeling about Marshall cloud their judgement about his accomplishments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT