ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson getting sued in this sad situation.

I wonder whatever happen with lawsuit brought on by the ex-woman soccer player?

Yes USCBatgirl21 is correct. The senseless death of Tucker I find very sad. Having a son about to enter college soon this really hits home. Although he has no interest in joining a fraternity.

There are some very suspicious things about this death. First of them is Hipps being missing wasn't reported for 8 hours. And then all the frat members told the same story. That doesn't happen even when three or four people legitimately witness the same incident. I sincerely hope the police get to the bottom of this and those frat boys don't succeed with the cover-up. I wouldn't be surprised if the cover-up doesn't involve higher ups.

He was the only son of his parents. I would go ballistic and fight until the day I died to get them for killing my child. I can't even comprehend his Mother's rage at this point. The grieving will NEVER end. They will never have a living child again. No grandchildren. No one to carry on the name. I get sick when I even think of that school since that happened. They pretend to be so goody goody. They are trash. It should be on television.

It is sad. It was a silly college prank gone wrong. Those three named in the lawsuit will have this hanging over them the rest of their lives.
As for the dead student, his death may not have been in vain as these hazings will be put to a stop.

It's strange the twists and turns life has for people. When it's someone's time to go, the strangest things can happen to make sure they reach their fate.

What a tragedy that this young man died in this manner.On top of that a cover up.I hate it for the family of Tucker Hipps and for the Clemson community as well.

No one should should let a rivalry come before common decency.No University is immune from this type of thing.We just went through a hazing incident at The Citadel and Carolina had a member die just a week or so ago.So it can happen anywhere.

to me, the apparent cover-up is the worst part. Kids do stupid things and end up dying as a result everywhere. Is a tragic thing, but can be dealt with in normal grieving processes. Here, the parents are not being allowed to do that because of the cover-up that seems to be happening. SURELY one of his brothers knows something. SURELY there is one who has a conscience and can't sleep at night with this hanging over his head. That kid needs to do the right thing and spill it so the family can have at least some closure.

This frat covered up what happened and lied their ass off to the cops. they

deserve to get sued. According to the news last night he was called early in the morning and told to bring breakfast to everyone in the frat. He balked because he didn't have the money. There was an argument and then the pledges "went for an early morning run." This is two instances of hazing right there. Somehow he wound up in the lake and it was his girlfriend who went back to find him. Sig Eps are one of the sleaziest frats around. Made up of mostly yankees down South, chapters are constantly getting into trouble for hazing, especially during "Hell Week." They deserved to get sued. Clemson filed 34 charges against various greek groups before this incident and I believe another one or two kids died. Having worked at USC's Dept. of Housing once, I can tell you the Office of Greek Life rarely took these matters seriously and covered up a lot of stuff. At USC, the head of Greek Life and Student Affairs were frat members and Chapter Advisers for their respective frats and never punished any of them for alcohol violations, hazing, abuse of pledges, etc. The level of cover ups was sickening. I can't say this is how Greek Life worked at Clemson but I'm guessing that given the level of trouble the frats up there had been in, they probably think they should've cracked down a lot more and cleaned house. A number of colleges now are getting rid of their Greek System because it's more trouble than it's worth and a huge liability. Perhaps this family wants to teach them a lesson they'll never forget.

Re: This frat covered up what happened and lied their ass off to the cops. they

.Characterizing having to buy biscuits and going on a run as hazing seems a bit extreme.Physically confronting the young man, that's moving closer to hazing.What exactly happened after that I'm not sure but the fact that these young men including the pledges made the decision to start a cover up instead of rendering aid to Mr Hipp rises above hazing to criminal activity.I for the life of me can't understand how one could make that decision.

Characterizing having to buy biscuits and going on a run as hazing seems a bit extreme.

Well let's take a look at that.

I can understand a brother asking a pledge to get him breakfast as long as the brother gives him money. But asking a pledge to go buy over $100 worth of food out of his own pocket is bull. And then to tell the pledge that if he does not have enough money he must round it up from his other pledge brothers at 5:30 am is bull.

Now you can call that hazing or you can call that bull. Use what ever adj. you want. But that is not good.

Now do you think Tucker just randomly decided to jump off that bridge? I would say hell no. And if he was asked too jump by a brother, that is hazing. Is going on a jog at 5:30 am hazing? What about a jog at 5:30 pm?

The courts can sit around and argue what constitutes hazing but I would be pissed as a parent if that was my kid.

Originally posted by bhsrebel:

There are some very suspicious things about this death. First of them is Hipps being missing wasn't reported for 8 hours. And then all the frat members told the same story. That doesn't happen even when three or four people legitimately witness the same incident. I sincerely hope the police get to the bottom of this and those frat boys don't succeed with the cover-up. I wouldn't be surprised if the cover-up doesn't involve higher ups.

They've gotten away with so much up there that it wouldn't surprise me if we never hear anything else about it. Hopefully, however this sad death will not be in vein and it ends up exposing every nefarious individual in the administration that has been involved in all the cover-ups of the past as well. One can only hope.

Re: This frat covered up what happened and lied their ass off to the cops. they

Originally posted by IrmoGamecock:
deserve to get sued. According to the news last night he was called early in the morning and told to bring breakfast to everyone in the frat. He balked because he didn't have the money. There was an argument and then the pledges "went for an early morning run." This is two instances of hazing right there. Somehow he wound up in the lake and it was his girlfriend who went back to find him. Sig Eps are one of the sleaziest frats around. Made up of mostly yankees down South, chapters are constantly getting into trouble for hazing, especially during "Hell Week." They deserved to get sued. Clemson filed 34 charges against various greek groups before this incident and I believe another one or two kids died. Having worked at USC's Dept. of Housing once, I can tell you the Office of Greek Life rarely took these matters seriously and covered up a lot of stuff. At USC, the head of Greek Life and Student Affairs were frat members and Chapter Advisers for their respective frats and never punished any of them for alcohol violations, hazing, abuse of pledges, etc. The level of cover ups was sickening. I can't say this is how Greek Life worked at Clemson but I'm guessing that given the level of trouble the frats up there had been in, they probably think they should've cracked down a lot more and cleaned house. A number of colleges now are getting rid of their Greek System because it's more trouble than it's worth and a huge liability. Perhaps this family wants to teach them a lesson they'll never forget.
Which colleges are getting rid of their Greek System? Can't imagine anyone wanting to attend a college with no Greek System. Run correctly, which most are, it's a huge plus for a college or university. There's a reason all have them. Just my opinion of course.

This is a unimaginably sad situation and I sincerely hope the truth comes out and all responsible parties are held accountable.

This post was edited on 3/31 10:04 PM by USCRBCOCK

Bad things keep happening at the magic kingdom. Deaths on the lake , raciest frat parties, coeds beaten, discrimination aganist black students, this death. All of these events are kept as quiet as possible by the Tater leadership but mark my words, all hell will break loose sooner or later.

Originally posted by cockattorney2:
to me, the apparent cover-up is the worst part. Kids do stupid things and end up dying as a result everywhere. Is a tragic thing, but can be dealt with in normal grieving processes. Here, the parents are not being allowed to do that because of the cover-up that seems to be happening. SURELY one of his brothers knows something. SURELY there is one who has a conscience and can't sleep at night with this hanging over his head. That kid needs to do the right thing and spill it so the family can have at least some closure.
For the family to know so much about what happened somebody must have already spilled it.

Frats and sororities are so 20th century. Be yourself and embrace your individuality. Ditch the cheezy bow ties and the sorry, God awful Busch beer. For their "daddies" to make "so much money", frats drink the cheapest beer known to man. My advice to college kids is boycott all frats. They are useless.

Originally posted by MANAFOLD:

Bad things keep happening at the magic kingdom. Deaths on the lake , raciest frat parties, coeds beaten, discrimination aganist black students, this death. All of these events are kept as quiet as possible by the Tater leadership but mark my words, all hell will break loose sooner or later.
roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by slingshot22:
He was the only son of his parents. I would go ballistic and fight until the day I died to get them for killing my child. I can't even comprehend his Mother's rage at this point. The grieving will NEVER end. They will never have a living child again. No grandchildren. No one to carry on the name. I get sick when I even think of that school since that happened. They pretend to be so goody goody. They are trash. It should be on television.
There's really something wrong with you. A kid is dead and you use it as an opportunity to not only ignore the USC student who was also recently found dead (is that a coverup, too?), but to act like Clemson was somehow responsible just because you don't like their football team.

How much of a frothing mouthbreather do you have to be to not have perspective here?

An idiot of the worst kind. It's a shame that I have to share my state with you. But then again, people like you make it easy to understand why people laugh at SC's education system. Hope you're proud of being part of what's wrong with this state.

Originally posted by MANAFOLD:

You can only hope, right? You're gonna need it based on yall's pro day. LOL

2d849ys.png

I wouldn't be surprised if the cover-up doesn't involve higher ups.

See, this is the kind of stuff that only causes more problems in these situations. I guarantee that if this had happened at Michigan St or Wake Forest, you wouldn't say that.

Think about this logically for a second. Realistically, do you think any administrators at Clemson knew a frat house was going to go run at 5:30am? Aside from that, if these frat members aren't going to talk to the police, what makes you the school is going to get them to talk?

Don't diminish this kid's death by trying to drag it into stupid rivalry smack-talk.

Originally posted by Upstate Catamount:
Frats and sororities are so 20th century. Be yourself and embrace your individuality. Ditch the cheezy bow ties and the sorry, God awful Busch beer. For their "daddies" to make "so much money", frats drink the cheapest beer known to man. My advice to college kids is boycott all frats. They are useless.
Be quiet GDI, relevant posters only.

This post was edited on 4/1 2:54 PM by SteelSpur106

Some of you are really pathetic on this board, you take a horrible situation like this and turn it into a flame fest towards Clemson. It's not the university that should be under fire, it's the Fraternity. Of course the University is trying to keep this quiet, just like every University would.

Think about this logically for a second. Realistically, do you think any administrators at Clemson knew a frat house was going to go run at 5:30am? Aside from that, if these frat members aren't going to talk to the police, what makes you the school is going to get them to talk?

Why yes I do. If they have a brain and pay attention to what goes on in a very small college town and believe what they are told by those that do it.

Go read the law suit. Go ask the chick that Clemson fired if she knew. Go ask Clemson when they will put up web cams on those bridges!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

The lawsuits also claim the fraternity emailed the university asking permission to conduct the pre-dawn run. The suits go on to state that the university did not respond to that email request and that the fraternity brothers took the failure to respond as "acquiescence" and went ahead and held the run.

And don't forget to lawyer up if you claim the.. well hell, I don't know what goes on around here.

wow, that taterjonny must know that a cover up is taking place. I read an article yesterday on yahoo news about the death of the young man at Clemson. The article stated that the Pickens Police has said that NO HAZING was involved. However If you read what actually happened, you'd know it was absolutely hazing. Two of the frat members are named in the suit. And when it gets to suing the School involved, they have some good evidence. You can see clearly that it's hazing. They " called his girlfriend hoping to buy time for them to get their story straight before she reported him missing". I don't care what school it is, if you don't want these morons punished you're a farging ice hole, tater man.

I do realize Clempson never takes responsibility for anything, so your stupidity comes as no surprise,Taterjonny. Murder is just par for the course in Taterville. When the football players are allowed to beat the bloody hail out of girls, what's a murder or two?

To he taters: I'm talking about the 8 hours between when Hipps went missing and when it was reported. Why don't y'all tell us what happened. So you're positive those godly frat boys didn't get advise from anyone. We know when the clem golfer ran over and killed a black guy the first thing the cops did was pour out his beer and call his uncle who just happened to be the sheriff of Greenville County. We know the jet skiers never had a blood alcohol test. Yep, clem is a bastion of integrity. Just for the record the Hipps investigation went to cold case today. I hope those guys involved have nightmares every night of their life.

To he taters: I'm talking about the 8 hours between when Hipps went missing and when it was reported. Why don't y'all tell us what happened. So you're positive those godly frat boys didn't get advise from anyone. We know when the clem golfer ran over and killed a black guy the first thing the cops did was pour out his beer and call his uncle who just happened to be the sheriff of Greenville County. We know the jet skiers never had a blood alcohol test. Yep, clem is a bastion of integrity. Just for the record the Hipps investigation went to cold case today. I hope those guys involved have nightmares every night of their life.
I live in Lexington and this same kind of "good ol boy" sh*t goes on here every day. Disgusting. I was in a frat at Carolina from 79-82 and I think I understand what happened to this poor kid. Seems to me they didn't realize how close they were to shore and he got tossed off the damned bridge because of the biscuit fiasco. I think that's involuntary manslaughter in SC. Hope I'm wrong about what happened but that's my read on it.

I know you are talking about the 8 hours. That's why your conspiracy theory is ridiculous.

The one thing I will agree with you about is that these frat boys clammed up because they didn't want to get into trouble. Ok, here's where your theory goes wrong. If those frat boys are going to clam up so they won't get caught, then it would be stupid for them to go talk to any Clemson officials. Why? Because those officials might turn the guys in to the cops. I know YOU think they would cover it up, but that's not what somebody who is facing jail time is going to think. If these guys are facing jail time, then they are going to keep it quiet and not tell anybody. The most logical explanation is that these frat boys hunkered down in the frat house and came up with a cover story.

I'm not sure how you can sleep at night knowing you are using the death of a 19-year-old kid to take pot shots at Clemson. I think that's pretty despicable myself.

Johnny, what does pro day have to do with this year's football team. I take it you are a sheep humper, if so, fear the visor this year. Dabo's little walk in the sunshine will be crushed by Spurrier come November.

Someone should get HLN on them. No matter what, for those who had anything to do with such an evil deed and deciding to cover up his death, may young Mr. Hipps be their eternal shadow until their fate is sealed appropriately.

Originally posted by slingshot22:
wow, that taterjonny must know that a cover up is taking place. I read an article yesterday on yahoo news about the death of the young man at Clemson. The article stated that the Pickens Police has said that NO HAZING was involved. However If you read what actually happened, you'd know it was absolutely hazing. Two of the frat members are named in the suit. And when it gets to suing the School involved, they have some good evidence. You can see clearly that it's hazing. They " called his girlfriend hoping to buy time for them to get their story straight before she reported him missing". I don't care what school it is, if you don't want these morons punished you're a farging ice hole, tater man.

I do realize Clempson never takes responsibility for anything, so your stupidity comes as no surprise,Taterjonny. Murder is just par for the course in Taterville. When the football players are allowed to beat the bloody hail out of girls, what's a murder or two?
You've already proven that you have an agenda and that you're otherwise too...how should I put it lightly...slow...to really comprehend what's even going on.

To act like Clemson University has any more control over HAZING than any other University...or to act like there's anything that could have been done to prevent this peculiar situation is asinine. That's why it's such a strange case. Were you even in a frat, bro? Something tells me no. You sound pretty poor.

Anyway, I won't go on to delineate the differences between the burdens of proof in civil versus criminal trials. I certainly won't mention that nothing in that lawsuit filing has to necessarily be true. For some reason, I don't think you're very interested in such things that matter.

I'm not sure if you even know what you're arguing. Or if you're aware that even if you were correct (you're not), that it wouldn't prove anything. But I suspect that your Gamecock brethren here would probably prefer if you stop making their fanbase look so ignorant. No, not ignorant. Stupid. That's the better word for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT