ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson injuries

Unfortunately wont ever see that
Not wishing ill on any individual young men, but isn’t it high time for that upstate school to have some season impacting injuries? Have an injury or two that costs them a game or two over the course of a season? I was thinking last night; WHEN, was the last time that happened to them?!? 1999???

Reactions: tigertomreed
Not wishing ill on any individual young men, but isn’t it high time for that upstate school to have some season impacting injuries? Have an injury or two that costs them a game or two over the course of a season? I was thinking last night; WHEN, was the last time that happened to them?!? 1999???

Watson missed half of the 2014 season.

I thought the helmet to no helmet hit to Tee Higins and the called targeting hit to Trevor Lawrence would have put them out but they were both back in the game. Supermen I guess

USCALUMNI

Clemson lucks out again with the extra time between the semis and the title game this year, due to the CFP moving the first-round games away from New Year's Eve. They get 2.5 weeks to rest and recuperate for LSU.

Clemson lucks out again with the extra time between the semis and the title game this year, due to the CFP moving the first-round games away from New Year's Eve. They get 2.5 weeks to rest and recuperate for LSU.
Right now I think LSU wins by two scores. OSU brought their best stuff last night, but the B1G always seems a step slower. Will be interesting to see Clemson match up against the size, strength and speed of an LSU team that is one of the best I've ever seen. Burrow brings a running threat that Clemson didn't have to account for playing a hobbled Justin Fields.

They won tonight but got a little taste of playing fast physical teams. The great thing for them they never play these teams until the playoffs with weeks to recover.

Right now I think LSU wins by two scores. OSU brought their best stuff last night, but the B1G always seems a step slower. Will be interesting to see Clemson match up against the size, strength and speed of an LSU team that is one of the best I've ever seen. Burrow brings a running threat that Clemson didn't have to account for playing a hobbled Justin Fields.

The secret to beating Clemson is to put them on their heels early like OSU did. The mistake OSU made was not keeping their foot on the pedal and having to settle for 3 FGs. Had one of those been a TD the outcome would have been different. If Burrow can get an early lead on Clemson I think LSU can beat them.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
The secret to beating Clemson is to put them on their heels early like OSU did. The mistake OSU made was not keeping their foot on the pedal and having to settle for 3 FGs. Had one of those been a TD the outcome would have been different. If Burrow can get an early lead on Clemson I think LSU can beat them.
I agree. OSU should have been up 24-0 at one point. Settling for FGs and making boneheaded decisions (roughing the punter for example) did them in.

That's why their cupcake schedule matters.
You have to admit, it's the perfect storm for them. Stay healthy, create depth and they can stay vanilla and injury free until they get to the difficult teams.
If it wasn't for the 4 team playoffs AND a strong 2016 performance they'd never be in a BCS Bowl for the top banana.
Now there success begets success and their name stays on the tip of sportscaster tongues.
It truly is a perfect storm for them and they seem to have worked it to the fullest.

dey too deep

I would love to see how Clemson would hold up injury-wise over an entire season playing in the Big 10 or SEC.

Back in the 80s and early 90s, when the SEC wasn’t in the national championship discussions, the excuse always was that the SEC teams beat up on each other so much. The thing is, for a lot of those years, they only played 5 or 6 SEC games out of 11.

Agreed, but Clemson will find it a lot easier to score against LSU than OSU. I think the title game sets up to be a shootout

Agreed, but Clemson will find it a lot easier to score against LSU than OSU. I think the title game sets up to be a shootout
LSU will also deliver some blows to Lawrence. If they let him run around like OSU, they need to just look at the film.

LSU will also deliver some blows to Lawrence. If they let him run around like OSU, they need to just look at the film.

Don’t think he’s going to run nearly as much. Probably back to 5-6 carries. They ran him more because OSU’s defense was on another level.

Clemson really was fortunate to win last night. OSU did more to lose the game than Clemson did to win it. Those bone headed penalties kept Clemson drives alive. Granted, Clemson did take advantage of those extra opportunities. Also, had the RB caught that screen pass I think he would have scored a TD. Instead OSU had to settle for a FG.

Do you all remember the narrative back in 2010 or so when Bama and the SEC were crushing everyone and anyone? THEN, no team was as good as the SEC b/c all the SEC teams were battle tested?

Reactions: Inferior7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT