ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Named in FBI Wiretap

Aug 31, 2018
Matt Norlander tweeted at 12:55 -

"Clemson Football was also discussed via wiretap by Clemson basketball asst coach Steve Smith like this, in relation to Zion hoops recruitment: "That's why football is so successful, is if you do it and use resources at Clemson, like you can really keep everything tight."

Don't know how to tag a tweet, look it up if you so desire. Either way, Clemson was cheating for Zion and this dude knows football is cheating as well. NCAA will probably do nothing.

You can bet your last dollar the NCAA will do nothing with this. But still, it’s a step in the right direction of Clemson Football possibly getting exposed someday. Doubt it ever happens...but a few more of these kinds of guys who are thrown to the wolves while football is protected...and who knows? That and disgruntled former players...

One can hope.

Reactions: Gaimcock
Reverse psychology, i hope it works :)

The NCAA doesn't have the authority or the courage to stand up to Clemson athletics.

Reactions: Westendtiger
You can bet your last dollar the NCAA will do nothing with this. But still, it’s a step in the right direction of Clemson Football possibly getting exposed someday. Doubt it ever happens...but a few more of these kinds of guys who are thrown to the wolves while football is protected...and who knows? That and disgruntled former players...

One can hope.
Not so fast my friend. Looks like ole OSaban Bin Lying at Bama maybe under the gun as well.

Martin Blazer testified on Tuesday he paid football players from Pittsburgh, Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Alabama and North Carolina.

Sure they are probably cheating, but can it be proven? If it can be proven does the NCAA care enough to do anything about it?

We obviously suck at cheating in college sports.

Where does it say “ we cheat “
I see taters cheating which is well known

Everyone cheats. It's just a matter of how good you are at it, and whether or not you get caught.

Maybe and maybe not.
Not saying all schools do not do things behind the scenes that may not be up and up
I do not think all schools have their players using “ ostarine” etc. plus does every school use churches or other resources to go buy players
No idea
Point was I do not see info about “ us “ cheating

Maybe and maybe not.
Not saying all schools do not do things behind the scenes that may not be up and up
I do not think all schools have their players using “ ostarine” etc. plus does every school use churches or other resources to go buy players
No idea
Point was I do not see info about “ us “ cheating
I believe his point was more that we are cheating (maybe not as strenuously as others), but we suck at the little we do because we have nothing to show. Unlike others.

1de.gif

If Clemson was a.500 football team then NCAA would tear them apart but being that they are too dog right now, NCAA will ignore it. Once UNC got away with fake classes I knew NCAA was worth squat and had no backbone. This will not be mentioned again although I would love nothing more. However if it comes out there are a few people I work with that will be intolerable because they will scream and tell nothing is going on and pitch fits daily. It will be fun fir a bit to watch but then they will try to turn it into how saint dabo is innocent and nothing ever goes wrong up there.

Don't forget that we had a couple players mentioned. As I said when this came out originally....this is going to explode college basketball.

Dabo will sweep this away, but he may have to lie about it somewhere other than just in front of the media.

I guess this means that clemson's basketball program will be looking for some new coaching hires soon.

BTW, its blowing up the internet.

If Clemson was a.500 football team then NCAA would tear them apart but being that they are too dog right now, NCAA will ignore it. Once UNC got away with fake classes I knew NCAA was worth squat and had no backbone. This will not be mentioned again although I would love nothing more. However if it comes out there are a few people I work with that will be intolerable because they will scream and tell nothing is going on and pitch fits daily. It will be fun fir a bit to watch but then they will try to turn it into how saint dabo is innocent and nothing ever goes wrong up there.

This is it. Clemson and Alabama (and all the other big programs) are untouchable because of the money they bring in. NCAA can't kill off their cash cows.

Unless the NCAA wants to make a point to other more established programs against a relative newcomer. They did come down on TOSU and Penn State pretty damned hard and they are programs with a ton more history...and power.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Only chance of busting them is if one of the coaches snitch, to save their ass. NCAA can't do anything with hearsay or rumors.

It'll be very interesting to see if the media has the cohones to question Dabo about it. I'm sure he already has a prepared rant, just in case.

Reactions: redrogers
This is it. Clemson and Alabama (and all the other big programs) are untouchable because of the money they bring in. NCAA can't kill off their cash cows.
How is Clemson a cash cow to the NCAA? They aren't Notre Dame, Michigan, Alabama, Penn State, TOSU or more historically relevant programs....they are a newcomer, an interloper if you will.

Well I’ve certainly seen enough here to be convinced. Burn the program to the ground

Only chance of busting them is if one of the coaches snitch, to save their ass. NCAA can't do anything with hearsay or rumors.

It'll be very interesting to see if the media has the cohones to question Dabo about it. I'm sure he already has a prepared rant, just in case.

Oh, you know he's ready. There will be a planted question, and St Dabo will start with, "I can't believe I have to answer this question..."

The NCAA won't do jack so the state itself needs to take matters into its own hands. Come on Governor McMaster, do the right thing and pull the plug on this rogue institution

LOL at you men, nothing to see here on hearsay, no cheating going on. When you win you don't have to cheat. Players come to you.

New Spring, we've been waiting for years for someone to prove anything with New Spring that is going on and no one can or has.

Keep hoping someone else can beat Clemson for you.

Reactions: dawsonsdaddy
LOL at you men, nothing to see here on hearsay, no cheating going on. When you win you don't have to cheat. Players come to you.

New Spring, we've been waiting for years for someone to prove anything with New Spring that is going on and no one can or has.

Keep hoping someone else can beat Clemson for you.
I'm convinced.../s

Reactions: Gradstudent
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT