ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Named in FBI Wiretap

This is quite comical. Here we are in a thread that is about a Clempson basketball coach being caught on an FBI wiretap discussing paying an agent to get Zion Williamson to go play basketball at Clempson. The FBI is trying to prove if Duke paid Williamson to play basketball at Duke and the Clempson coach that was trying to pay him to go to Clempson is frustrated that is isn't as easy to pay players to play basketball at Clempson as it is to pay players to play football at Clempson.

And here we have a Clempson apologist trying to awe shucks this and make fun of Carolina fans for being obsessed with Clempson's cheating in football. Apparently Clempson is to cheating at football as Duke is to cheating at basketball. Again, this is quite comical....

I think that assistant is on some sour grapes and should be let go. First, for being shady and second, for whining and making excuses for why he didn’t get the job done.

No team makes the turn around Clemson did without some dirty deeds.

Your team had a more drastic turn around when SOS took over. Not saying he cheated but that’s a pretty bold statement. Clemson started winning bigger bowl games and slowly crept upwards. Do you think teams should be forever stuck in mediocrity? What is the acceptable time frame for turning things around?

Your team had a more drastic turn around when SOS took over. Not saying he cheated but that’s a pretty bold statement. Clemson started winning bigger bowl games and slowly crept upwards. Do you think teams should be forever stuck in mediocrity? What is the acceptable time frame for turning things around?

Remind us again why CJ Spiller flipped to CU? The academics? Or was it the impressive 6-7 record? Or maybe it was the diversity of Pickens County, SC? lol

I think that assistant is on some sour grapes and should be let go. First, for being shady and second, for whining and making excuses for why he didn’t get the job done.

Whining and making excuses for not getting the job done? Is not getting the job done not paying Zion enough to outbid Duke for his services? Or is not getting the job done not paying Zion enough not to go to Duke because Duke is a better program without having to pay Zion? Wow! Getting the job done at Clempson means getting recruits at what ever the cost so if you don't get the job done you should be fired. So get the job done and pay those player$!!!!

Remind us again why CJ Spiller flipped to CU? The academics? Or was it the impressive 6-7 record? Or maybe it was the diversity of Pickens County, SC? lol

Okay, if you want to play that game - Why did George Guase pick the Gamecocks in 2001 after a 1-21 record the previous two seasons? Or Tez Robinson?

5 star Demetrius Summers amidst a 5-7 record in 02/03? Ricardo Hurley?

And btw Clemson was 8-4 in 2005 and ranked 21st in the Coaches Poll.

Last edited:
Whining and making excuses for not getting the job done? Is not getting the job done not paying Zion enough to outbid Duke for his services? Or is not getting the job done not paying Zion enough not to go to Duke because Duke is a better program without having to pay Zion? Wow! Getting the job done at Clempson means getting recruits at what ever the cost so if you don't get the job done you should be fired. So get the job done and pay those player$!!!!

Not getting the job done is not becoming a successful program the right way. And then crying about how others cheated to best you.

Reactions: agantt

Are you comparing our recruiting results to Clemson's. Clemson signed the top 2 greatest passers in the history of high school football in Georgia, a runningback from Louisiana that never visited the campus and turned the last week of the recruiting cycle, Tee Martin's son and he is coaching at Tennessee now.

They all just wanted to play Atlantic Coast Conference FOOTBALL for Clemson.

Are you comparing our recruiting results to Clemson's. Clemson signed the top 2 greatest passers in the history of high school football in Georgia, a runningback from Louisiana that never visited the campus and turned the last week of the recruiting cycle, Tee Martin's son and he is coaching at Tennessee now.

They all just wanted to play Atlantic Coast Conference FOOTBALL for Clemson.

Look at the on field product leading up to that. And ETN was a 3 star. Diamond in the rough almost

I believe all college programs such as football and basketball cheat. Some cheat aggressively. Some cheat less aggressively. But they cheat.

It’s very naive to think they don’t.

Big, big money + tremendous pressure on coaches +shame and ridicule for not winning= cheating.

When I heard the story, I was SHOCKED. Said nobody but credulous Clemson fans drinking that sweet tater juice.

And why not? You ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

Reactions: Lakecock1
West Virginia just scored again.

ETN was committed to LSU. Runningbacks do very well there and they wanted him.
If your gonna bash your rival at least get your facts straight. ETN was never offered by LSU. He wanted an offer but they slow played him waiting for another kid(who I think I went to Auburn). Clemson showed alot of love late. Combine that with being pissed at LSU and you have a late commit

Reactions: agantt and FJRTiger
Okay, if you want to play that game - Why did George Guase pick the Gamecocks in 2001 after a 1-21 record the previous two seasons? Or Tez Robinson?

That's weak instate players that were gamecock fans.

Why is Clemson always fishing in the Bama pond for football coaches over the past few decades? Charlie Pell, Danny Ford, Dabo Sweeney...anyone see a pattern that may make sense to you?

Why go with some unknown WR coach who came from Bama? Appears kind of a strange decision to boot a Bowden (also from the state of Alabama) and go with this complete unknown.

Last edited:
If your gonna bash your rival at least get your facts straight. ETN was never offered by LSU. He wanted an offer but they slow played him waiting for another kid(who I think I went to Auburn). Clemson showed alot of love late. Combine that with being pissed at LSU and you have a late commit

Hey douche...this is from your own website....

Elliott made his way into Phelps’ office and took a seat.

Then, he waited. For an hour.

Upon his arrival to meet Etienne for the first time that afternoon, Elliott looked around and saw that Tennessee was there to pitch Etienne about a future in Knoxville. So was LSU, the home-state school that had one of Etienne’s all-time favorite running backs, Leonard Fournette. Both programs had already made an offer.

Also, the only reason you came after him late is because of RB decommitment....

When Spurrier first got here the bigger name players wanted to play for him and his name recruited for him. Dabo was a WR coach and Spurrier had his way with him and then all of a sudden Clemson was the place to play...you tell me why. I think the asst. basketball coach explained it well.

“They ever catch that gorilla that escaped from the zoo and punched you in the eye Bobby? No mama, eh, uh, the search continues”

Reminds me of that PED issue.

Reactions: cockycurran
I'll never forget Tommy Bowden's mother's statement about Clemson,

"I don't know why anyone would want to go there. There's nothing there"
Hey douche...this is from your own website....

Elliott made his way into Phelps’ office and took a seat.

Then, he waited. For an hour.

Upon his arrival to meet Etienne for the first time that afternoon, Elliott looked around and saw that Tennessee was there to pitch Etienne about a future in Knoxville. So was LSU, the home-state school that had one of Etienne’s all-time favorite running backs, Leonard Fournette. Both programs had already made an offer.

Also, the only reason you came after him late is because of RB decommitment....
My comment stands. He was mad that LSU didn't offer him earlier. You said he was committed to LSU which isn't true. Plain and simple he had a chip on his shoulder about being a second choice for LSU.

Lol..... I see the lowlife inbred mouth breathing goat assaulting clemp boys have invaded.
What a trash piece of crap fanbase.

Spurrier has never been accused of cheating by anyone. Like him or not, he's as straight and narrow as they come.

Lou Holtz...not that hard to understand.

My comment stands. He was mad that LSU didn't offer him earlier. You said he was committed to LSU which isn't true. Plain and simple he had a chip on his shoulder about being a second choice for LSU.

He was 2nd choice of Clemson. Your committed RB decommitted.

He took 3 official visits in January on the 13th to Texas AM, 20th to Tennessee, and 27th to LSU. Never ever visited Clemson yet committed to them.....Clemson tried the same tactics with Zion that they have always used in football. PEDs and illegal recruiting practices dominate Dabo's program.

How is Clemson a cash cow to the NCAA? They aren't Notre Dame, Michigan, Alabama, Penn State, TOSU or more historically relevant programs....they are a newcomer, an interloper if you will.

Well: more championships than Notre Dame, Michigan, Penn State, or Ohio State in the modern era. One before your beloved Penn State ever won one.

Maybe and maybe not.
Not saying all schools do not do things behind the scenes that may not be up and up
I do not think all schools have their players using “ ostarine” etc. plus does every school use churches or other resources to go buy players
No idea
Point was I do not see info about “ us “ cheating

I don’t think we are paying players at the level the taters are because we are not reeling in multiple 5 star recruits. We probably pay 3 star money.

Albarn invented the church donation scam, but the taters perfected it.

LOL at you men, nothing to see here on hearsay, no cheating going on. When you win you don't have to cheat. Players come to you.

New Spring, we've been waiting for years for someone to prove anything with New Spring that is going on and no one can or has.

Keep hoping someone else can beat Clemson for you.

One of the assistant coaches literally said there was cheating going on at Clemson. The basketball program was prepared to pay Zion... how is that not cheating? He then insinuated that is also the reason that the football program is doing so well.

If you dont think Duke and UNC cheat in basketball then there isnt much to discuss
I’ll be glad to engage you in discussion if you provide examples? (UNC AFAM is passe and they were not found by NCAA to have cheated. Non-starter. There have been no claims by NCAA that Duke has cheated.). Fans of one team making unsubstantiated claims against rival teams, particularly hated rivals, impresses intelligent people about as much as claiming the Russians swung the presidential election.
If you dont think Duke and UNC cheat in basketball then there isnt much to discuss

Just a question. I touched on this in another thread but you have one of our 5 star recruits on your team right now (Josh Belk). He is disgruntled and unhappy enough to the point of hiring a lawyer when he transferred out only months after reporting. Why has he not come forward to validate these claims of paying players you guys make? How bout a serious answer to that or at least a theory?

Just a question. I touched on this in another thread but you have one of our 5 star recruits on your team right now (Josh Belk). He is disgruntled and unhappy enough to the point of hiring a lawyer when he transferred out only months after reporting. Why has he not come forward to validate these claims of paying players you guys make? How bout a serious answer to that or at least a theory?
Josh Belk is not on our team. If he was disgruntled he wouldn't continue going to Clemson games.

Last edited:
I’ll be glad to engage you in discussion if you provide examples? (UNC AFAM is passe and they were not found by NCAA to have cheated. Non-starter. There have been no claims by NCAA that Duke has cheated.). Fans of one team making unsubstantiated claims against rival teams, particularly hated rivals, impresses intelligent people about as much as claiming the Russians swung the presidential election.
I don't hate unc. They cheated. Like hell. They just managed to get away with it because they let non student athletes take the same bogus classes. That's a technicality, not an exoneration. Moreover, how many unc players have to get caught driving mysterious cars before you just admit they cheat?

Not so fast my friend. Looks like ole OSaban Bin Lying at Bama maybe under the gun as well.

Martin Blazer testified on Tuesday he paid football players from Pittsburgh, Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Alabama and North Carolina.

North Carolina. Lmao. Nothing to see here

Oops. Forgot. Out of football now but point remains. He was and didn't spill the beans. What's up with that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT