ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Named in FBI Wiretap

You have a Clemson assistant basketball coach talking about the football program. How much weight does that carry? Some, maybe. Not a whole lot.

Further, it requires an assumption the guy wasn't just blowing smoke, which is entirely likely and probably more plausible.
Yes, lots of coaches implicate themselves in schemes that could ruin their careers. Sure. Just a little blowing smoke.

Grow up.

OK. You guys are always throwing up the pics of Bellamy and Page with wads of money. Bellamy was KICKED OFF THE TEAM by Dabo and I believe Page never even got on the field. You would have thought at least Bellamy would be disgruntled and squealed.

Look, I don't know if we are cheating or not. You don't either. I wouldnt be surprised if there is stuff like anonymous pre paid credit cards or cash handshakes going on with boosters. I personally feel that goes on everywhere. However, I also believe that in these times with so many transfers and disgruntled primadonna players that it would be very difficult to maintain a sophisticated cheating operation involving multiple coaches without someone squealing.

Well it appears the time has arrived for your sophisticated cheating operations to be revealed. And we are in the front row watching it unravel while you are spinning it like Russian collusion..

Yes, lots of coaches implicate themselves in schemes that could ruin their careers. Sure. Just a little blowing smoke.

Grow up.

It's not a matter of him implicating himself. He's talking a program he's not a part of.

It's cute how some of y'all are so devastated by Clemson's success you've conjured up all these clandestine scenarios to explain it away.

Last edited:
Reactions: agantt
OT: Did anyone here used to post on the old GoGamecocks forums? If so, do you recognize anyone posting here with the same name of a troll from there that got outed (repeatedly)?

Boy this thread is pathetic
Really...I see nothing in that article that proves Spurrier was cheating.

You have to be real dumb to believe that any coaches in the football programs are in on this. Every program has boosters who can do whatever they want outside the confines of the program.

OT: Did anyone here used to post on the old GoGamecocks forums? If so, do you recognize anyone posting here with the same name of a troll from there that got outed (repeatedly)?

Yeah, me. So what? I don't care if you or anyone else believes I'm a Gamecock fan or not. Don't know anything about anyone on here and nobody's opinion matters to me.

Yeah, me. So what? I don't care if you or anyone else believes I'm a Gamecock fan or not. Don't know anything about anyone on here and nobody's opinion matters to me.
I do think it's funny that I didn't name anyone and yet you were the first person to respond and get all defensive. Thanks for outing yourself -- again.

Carry on!

I do think it's funny that I didn't name anyone and yet you were the first person to respond and get all defensive. Thanks for outing yourself -- again.

Carry on!

Nothing funny about it. I knew who you were talking about. You were fairly obvious. I'm always glad to out myself as a reasoned and level-headed poster. Further, I offered no defense. I gladly identified myself as the person to whom you were referencing and said I didn't care. As you can tell by my choice of screen name, it's not exactly as though I was hiding my identity. Nor were you some genius for cracking the case.

Now, this is where I'm supposed to say "I'm no Clemson fan! I've been a Gamecock fan since the 70s!" and you respond with "Well, I've been a fan since the 50s!" etc.
I really don't care what you say. You can continue with the subterfuge all you want. But at least put some effort into it. Over on GG, you had an avatar of Tanneyhill in his number 18 jersey to really sell it. Here, nothing. Except your typical bashing of Gamecock fans and defense of all things Clemson. You really make it too easy.

Reactions: 92Pony and PC31
I really don't care what you say. You can continue with the subterfuge all you want. But at least put some effort into it. Over on GG, you had an avatar of Tanneyhill in his number 18 jersey to really sell it. Here, nothing. Except your typical bashing of Gamecock fans and defense of all things Clemson. You really make it too easy.

I bashed Gamecock fans?

Well it appears the time has arrived for your sophisticated cheating operations to be revealed. And we are in the front row watching it unravel while you are spinning it like Russian collusion..
No way they get in any trouble. After Gaffney gate nothing was done. It will be no more than a tater investigation. The way Dabo spinned the Peds. Trying to make the NCAA the bad guys for giving a drug test. If they investigated he would spin it as a personal attack on his religion.

Reactions: cockgun and PC31
Unless the NCAA wants to make a point to other more established programs against a relative newcomer. They did come down on TOSU and Penn State pretty damned hard and they are programs with a ton more history...and power.
Yeah they really paid the price didn't they? Thats like a $500 fine for a millionaire.

It's not a matter of him implicating himself. He's talking a program he's not a part of.

It's cute how some of y'all are so devastated by Clemson's success you've conjured up all these clandestine scenarios to explain it away.
What has been conjured up? This entire line of discussion is based on comments by an 8-year veteran, high-level assistant coach.
And do you think the implication is that basketball has an entirely different payment network for players than the football team? Do you really think the same people, businesses, and church are involved with one and not the other?

old-woman-laughing-pointing_1149-229.jpg

What has been conjured up? This entire line of discussion is based on comments by an 8-year veteran, high-level assistant coach.
And do you think the implication is that basketball has an entirely different payment network for players than the football team? Do you really think the same people, businesses, and church are involved with one and not the other?

old-woman-laughing-pointing_1149-229.jpg

You know everything, Jon Snow.

Have they finished up their investigation of ostarine tainted shampoo and hair gel yet?

Admitted by proxy that he was in the bidding war for Zion by speaking with an FBI suspect , and admitted knowledge of a ‘tight ring’ of cheating in football in that conversation.

Clemson had a top 10 class following the season that Blabo went 6-7 and lost to Skip Holtz coached USF in the Belk Bowl. There’s no cheating ‘upthar’, just Christians, utopia, and ‘something in those hills’! Sure???

No reason to think 5* athletes wanted to go there after that stellar season other than the things mentioned above.

And Xavier Thomas one of many provided by Newspring
So ironic day after FBI news about an asst coach on tater basketball team admits football is successful because they cheat they give Dumbo a big raise
And the internal investigation of the ostarine they have their players without players knowledge is hitting multiple months of investigating What a joke

Reactions: mavcock
Clemson football reminds me of the Peanuts character "Pigpen", with that swirl of dirt all around him. In fact, they should replace the tiger paw logo on their helmet to him, it is what they represent. Nothing will get done on this, just wait and see.

They have the booster money to payoff both the NCAA and the FBI. Move on to the next thread.

Is Xavier Thomas's old man out of jail yet? And where are the documents where he sold that sweet car wash he owned to some unnamed individual before he went to Clemson?

Matt Norlander tweeted at 12:55 -

"Clemson Football was also discussed via wiretap by Clemson basketball asst coach Steve Smith like this, in relation to Zion hoops recruitment: "That's why football is so successful, is if you do it and use resources at Clemson, like you can really keep everything tight."

Don't know how to tag a tweet, look it up if you so desire. Either way, Clemson was cheating for Zion and this dude knows football is cheating as well. NCAA will probably do nothing.

They have been cheating since Frank Howard’s days.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Yep - makes since. We beat them 5 years in a row, they give up 70 points in a bowl game, we have a HOF coach, they have a 2-bit real estate salesman as a head coach to save $$$(guess that has backfired). All of a sudden they start reeling in 4-5 star recruits. Those people were so pissed they lost 5 in a row they would have done anything to reverse the trend... and they did. You old-timers know they did exactly the same thing(i.e. get good players by hook or crook) after we embarassed them 56-20 in 1975. The boosters and Danny took over and you know the rest. I`m sure something has been going on but they have gotten more sophisticated about concealing it - or something similar based on Steve Smith`s comments. New Springs?

Yep - makes since. We beat them 5 years in a row, they give up 70 points in a bowl game, we have a HOF coach, they have a 2-bit real estate salesman as a head coach to save $$$(guess that has backfired). All of a sudden they start reeling in 4-5 star recruits. Those people were so pissed they lost 5 in a row they would have done anything to reverse the trend... and they did. You old-timers know they did exactly the same thing(i.e. get good players by hook or crook) after we embarassed them 56-20 in 1975. The boosters and Danny took over and you know the rest. I`m sure something has been going on but they have gotten more sophisticated about concealing it - or something similar based on Steve Smith`s comments. New Springs?
This is it in a nutshell, so true!

As in New Springs for their program to bounce back?

First, I'm not devastated. Annoyed? Sure. But that's typical for gamecock fans.

Second. Nothing is conjured up. They literally have the guy on tape talking about it. There's no way to spin this other than continuing to insist that the coach is "blowing smoke" or this is "conjured up" or that the ostarine got into their system via hair products. Clemson has always cheated and got back into the business in a big way with Dabo, who came from the cheating big leagues of Alabama, and hated getting his ass kicked by Spurrier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT