ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Named in FBI Wiretap

Just a question. I touched on this in another thread but you have one of our 5 star recruits on your team right now (Josh Belk). He is disgruntled and unhappy enough to the point of hiring a lawyer when he transferred out only months after reporting. Why has he not come forward to validate these claims of paying players you guys make? How bout a serious answer to that or at least a theory?
That's what I like about you - attention to detail. Belk isn't on our team. It was in the papers.

Just a question. I touched on this in another thread but you have one of our 5 star recruits on your team right now (Josh Belk). He is disgruntled and unhappy enough to the point of hiring a lawyer when he transferred out only months after reporting. Why has he not come forward to validate these claims of paying players you guys make? How bout a serious answer to that or at least a theory?

Oops. Forgot. Out of football now but point remains. He was and didn't spill the beans. What's up with that?
Because he wasn't disgruntled. He continued going to Clemson games. Why would he rat out his friends?

Remind us again why CJ Spiller flipped to CU? The academics? Or was it the impressive 6-7 record? Or maybe it was the diversity of Pickens County, SC? lol

Might have been more of a friendly caring atmosphere. Darrel Royal and bull castrating is a negative example. Let's figure it out.

Dude, you have a coach, on tape, talking about your culture of cheating. So, what's the question?
Well we'll see. Sounds to me like a rogue assistant basketball coach talking out of his a** to impress a handler. We'll see what comes of it. That still doesn't answer the question about why none of our disgruntled transfers like Belk haven't ratted us out. Any theories?

Reactions: agantt
Well: more championships than Notre Dame, Michigan, Penn State, or Ohio State in the modern era. One before your beloved Penn State ever won one.
Well, looks as though Dr. Oblivious is back....shame Rod Dangerfield can't get back but you can.

Clemson isn't in the same ballpark as those teams when it comes to being well-known....more people probably know where Duquesne is than where Clemson is.

Not my beloved Penn State...never went there. If you said TOSU then yes, I'd agree.

Well we'll see. Sounds to me like a rogue assistant basketball coach talking out of his a** to impress a handler. We'll see what comes of it. That still doesn't answer the question about why none our disgruntled transfers like Belk haven't ratted us out. Any theories?
He's disgruntled? Weird. He went to a Clemson game while he was on our team to see his friends and hangout. So, maybe that's your answer.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Well we'll see. Sounds to me like a rogue assistant basketball coach talking out of his a** to impress a handler. We'll see what comes of it. That still doesn't answer the question about why none of our disgruntled transfers like Belk haven't ratted us out. Any theories?
He doth protest too much.

Unpossible. Clemson is a family. There are no rogue coaches.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Enjoy your trophies and rest assured, the ncaa won't do squat. But spare us the Saint Dabo nonsense. He's so crooked his servants screw his pants on in the morning.

Well, looks as though Dr. Oblivious is back....shame Rod Dangerfield can't get back but you can.

Clemson isn't in the same ballpark as those teams when it comes to being well-known....more people probably know where Duquesne is than where Clemson is.

Not my beloved Penn State...never went there. If you said TOSU then yes, I'd agree.

Everybody knows where Duquesne is. Other end of the Armstrong tunnel.

Unpossible. Clemson is a family. There are no rogue coaches.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Enjoy your trophies and rest assured, the ncaa won't do squat. But spare us the Saint Dabo nonsense. He's so crooked his servants screw his pants on in the morning.

This post nailed it. Clemson is one of the best programs in country and will be for foreseeable future. They will never get in trouble. But good lord, the holier than thou shit is unbearable. Everyone cheats and has thugs on their team, but they can’t admit they do and chastise everyone else for it. In truth, it’s a filthy institution from top down and it preaches morality more than anyone (which is typically how it goes).

LOL, you men need a quality program to follow and not drive yourself nuts over Clemson.

There is no proof of anything in that statement about football. And if by some chance there was look WILL WADE IS LITERALLY ON TAPE PAYING PLAYERS and is still coaching at LSU and also Sean Miller and Bill Self are mentioned in multiple wire taps and still have a job. The football program "keeping it tight" from a dissociated irrelevant assistant basketball coach is NOTHING.
The only reason those coaches are still employed is because the FBI has not concluded their investigation. The schools will decide what to do with those coaches without directives from the NCAA. And, since you mentioned the word 'proof', you are correct - all the FBI has at this point is a taped very damaging statement made by a member of the Clemson athletic dept. - a 7 year Clemson 'vet' so to speak. If you think the FBI is simply going to ignore that statement without at least kicking some cans down the road and looking under a few rocks, then you are naive as Hell.

Okay, if you want to play that game - Why did George Guase pick the Gamecocks in 2001 after a 1-21 record the previous two seasons? Or Tez Robinson?

5 star Demetrius Summers amidst a 5-7 record in 02/03? Ricardo Hurley?

And btw Clemson was 8-4 in 2005 and ranked 21st in the Coaches Poll.
Gause and Summers were in state kids. Unless we have drastically redrawn our boundaries, I don't think Miami is in the state of SC. And, we didn't have a house on Lake Hartburn for his baby mama to live in.

Gause and Summers were in state kids. Unless we have drastically redrawn our boundaries, I don't think Miami is in the state of SC. And, we didn't have a house on Lake Hartburn for his baby mama to live in.

Not to mention Gause signed after an 8-win season. His cousin Andrea was also a WR at SC. But I don’t think he wants to hear facts...

I don’t think we are paying players at the level the taters are because we are not reeling in multiple 5 star recruits. We probably pay 3 star money.

Albarn invented the church donation scam, but the taters perfected it.

Is this how the good teams get good or is it just Clemson? It’s funny departments with the most $ (Texas) aren’t always atop the college football landscape

Not to mention Gause signed after an 8-win season. His cousin Andrea was also a WR at SC. But I don’t think he wants to hear facts...

Gause committed and signed in February 2001. When was the 8 win season? You said we’re talking facts

Gause committed and signed in February 2001. When was the 8 win season? You said we’re talking facts

Yep, I said facts. A simple google search would’ve revealed to you that SC won 8 games in 2000, just before he signed...in February 2001. Didn’t work out well for you, huh?

Last edited:
Reactions: Legendary Cock
Yep, I said facts. A simple google search would’ve revealed to you that SC won 8 games in 2000, just before he signed...in February 2001. Didn’t work out well for you, huh?

Ahh nice you’re right. Beat OSU that year in the bowl game to get to 8

Who’s talking about Miami?

This is quite comical. Here we are in a thread that is about a Clempson basketball coach being caught on an FBI wiretap discussing paying an agent to get Zion Williamson to go play basketball at Clempson. The FBI is trying to prove if Duke paid Williamson to play basketball at Duke and the Clempson coach that was trying to pay him to go to Clempson is frustrated that is isn't as easy to pay players to play basketball at Clempson as it is to pay players to play football at Clempson.

And here we have a Clempson apologist trying to awe shucks this and make fun of Carolina fans for being obsessed with Clempson's cheating in football. Apparently Clempson is to cheating at football as Duke is to cheating at basketball. Again, this is quite comical....

I think that assistant is on some sour grapes and should be let go. First, for being shady and second, for whining and making excuses for why he didn’t get the job done.

Sour grapes? Lol.

tenor.gif

So the basketball program thinks it’s ok to pay players. But in the same athletic department, it’s somehow foreign and beneath the football team to do the same? That car wash purchase with XT still seems odd.

Oops. Forgot. Out of football now but point remains. He was and didn't spill the beans. What's up with that?

Maybe the church is still paying him? Maybe he still whats to play the game, but if he indicate he took money. He will be ineligible.

Maybe the church is still paying him? Maybe he still whats to play the game, but if he indicate he took money. He will be ineligible.
OK. You guys are always throwing up the pics of Bellamy and Page with wads of money. Bellamy was KICKED OFF THE TEAM by Dabo and I believe Page never even got on the field. You would have thought at least Bellamy would be disgruntled and squealed.

Look, I don't know if we are cheating or not. You don't either. I wouldnt be surprised if there is stuff like anonymous pre paid credit cards or cash handshakes going on with boosters. I personally feel that goes on everywhere. However, I also believe that in these times with so many transfers and disgruntled primadonna players that it would be very difficult to maintain a sophisticated cheating operation involving multiple coaches without someone squealing.

Last edited:
Reactions: agantt
OK. You guys are always throwing up the pics of Bellamy and Page with wads of money. Bellamy was KICKED OFF THE TEAM by Dabo and I believe Page never even got on the field. You would have thought at least Bellamy would be disgruntled and squealed.

Look, I don't know if we are cheating or not. You don't either. I wouldnt be surprised if there is stuff like anonymous pre paid credit cards or cash handshakes going on with boosters. I personally feel that goes on everywhere. However, I also believe that in these times with so many transfers and disgruntled primadonna players that it would be very difficult to maintain a sophisticated cheating operation involving multiple coaches without someone squealing.
What we do know is that a Coach that is on the Clemson pay row says y'all are paying players.

Reactions: Jon Snow and PC31
You have a Clemson coach discussing the school's culture of cheating and trying to arrange payments for a player. He says it's how Clemson gets it done in football. There's no way to spin this.

You have a Clemson assistant basketball coach talking about the football program. How much weight does that carry? Some, maybe. Not a whole lot.

Further, it requires an assumption the guy wasn't just blowing smoke, which is entirely likely and probably more plausible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT