ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Named in FBI Wiretap

Last edited:
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
You are right. Clemson had a runningback decommit in December and made 1st contact with him on January 12tj, and he visited on January 20th. Took 8 days for Clemson to convince a kid that did not like to leave home to go to camps to leave home and go to Daboland.
Think his name was White? Ended up at GA and tore his ACL. Think he was close but don't think he ever gave us a verbal. Is that the one you are talking about or am I a year off?

Reactions: Bes3928
Think his name was White? Ended up at GA and tore his ACL. Think he was close but don't think he ever gave us a verbal. Is that the one you are talking about or am I a year off?
cordarrian richardson (sp?). apparently his school was busted fixing grades. staff heard about it and told him it was his best interest to decommit.

Nope Corraine? Went to one of the Florida schools after decommitting at the last minute while Clemson was at the playoff.

I think there will be some sort of investigation, but nothing will come of it. When you channel your "gifts" through a church the NCAA will not do much. They can't force the church to divulge anything. The FBI could, but not the NCAA. If a recruit/players family records show they received money from a church so what?

This is discouraging because SC will never get to the level of achievement CU has reached because we will never do things this way. As a result, we will likely always play second fiddle to CU.

Learned a couple of things this thread. You never get the highest 5 star rating unless you pay to.go to the best camps. Etienne was off the radar because he was a homebody that did not want to leave the comfort of his home to participate in the camps that would have bumped up his rating.

Heard a Stoops interview this morning. Josh Allen was a 6'5" 2 star recruit from New Jersey with 1 offer to Monmouth before Kentucky offered. He put on 60 pounds and was just selected #7 in the NFL Draft.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
IF.....he did not go to Clempson for a camp it is another example of the Daybo hypocrisy. He often says he's not taking kids who won't come to his camps.

I think there will be some sort of investigation, but nothing will come of it. When you channel your "gifts" through a church the NCAA will not do much. They can't force the church to divulge anything. The FBI could, but not the NCAA. If a recruit/players family records show they received money from a church so what?

This is discouraging because SC will never get to the level of achievement CU has reached because we will never do things this way. As a result, we will likely always play second fiddle to CU.
This is a HUGE story you are breaking. Why hasn't anyone in the local or even national media done an in depth story on this? Heck, not even a story, how about a mere mention from a credible member of the media?

IF.....he did not go to Clempson for a camp it is another example of the Daybo hypocrisy. He often says he's not taking kids who won't come to his camps.
False. He said he doesn't accept kids that don't visit the campus. Nothing was ever said about the football camps.

This is a HUGE story you are breaking. Why hasn't anyone in the local or even national media done an in depth story on this? Heck, not even a story, how about a mere mention from a credible member of the media?

It's crazy people believe this stuff. It's not like that have an Clemson assistant coach talking about it on tape.

Oh wait, they do.

Recruit shown flashing wad of cash on social media: rich uncle
Another recruit shown flashing wad of cash: another rich uncle
Dwayne Allen says that at Clemson, he had more money than he ever had in his life: he misspoke.
Positive tests for Ostarine: it's in the shampoo. Heck, it's in everything.
Assistant basketball coach talks about cheating by the football team: He's just talking out of his ass.

Got it.

You are right. Clemson had a runningback decommit in December and made 1st contact with him on January 12th, and he visited on January 20th. Took 8 days for Clemson to convince a kid that did not like to leave home to go to camps to leave home and go to Daboland.

ET had wanted to go to Clemson all along, even before we contacted him. He asked his HS coach every week if Clemson had called. At the time we had Richardson for our lone spot so he had nothing to offer. When the grade fixing came out re:Richardson Clemson backed off. We learned about ETN though an Alabama coach, Burton Burns. Bama didn’t have room, but said we should take a look at ETN, they felt he was great but also had no room. When we called, ETN was was ready to come to Clemson. It was his dream offer. This has been well written and published, though I’m pretty sure most of you could give 2 shits about reading articles about Clemson football.

That's a very good question for which I have no answer. My guess is that it is too far removed right now. If this warms up (Clemson gets an NOI) then it will get more attention. I don't think Clemson will get and NOI.

Reactions: JohnnySurfin
The wire tap was mentioned again this morning on fox Carolina..dablo saying he didn’t know why smith said that and that the football program was clean..just keep it rolling and hope it gets more steam..

Reactions: JohnnySurfin
Recruit shown flashing wad of cash on social media: rich uncle
Another recruit shown flashing wad of cash: another rich uncle
Dwayne Allen says that at Clemson, he had more money than he ever had in his life: he misspoke.
Positive tests for Ostarine: it's in the shampoo. Heck, it's in everything.
Assistant basketball coach talks about cheating by the football team: He's just talking out of his ass.

Got it.

Bump

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT