ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson/NC State

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will repeat what UNCheat fans say about disparity in penalties/fouls during basketball season.... You get more penalties/fouls when your players aren't as athletic as the opponents players. NC state had more false starts than I have ever seen in one game. That is an easy call for an official.

I will repeat what UNCheat fans say about disparity in penalties/fouls during basketball season.... You get more penalties/fouls when your players aren't as athletic as the opponents players. NC state had more false starts than I have ever seen in one game. That is an easy call for an official.
So is a face mask in the open right in front of the ref. Yet...no call. Several obvious holding penalties also.

Reactions: RaginRooster
No crap, Sherlock. Clemson got their first penalty called late in the third quarter. By then, NC State had 10+ penalties. An obvious trend.
No need to get chippy...just pointing out that a lot of their penalties were not judgement calls. Of their 10 / 11 penalties for the day, 6 were false starts. There rest were so called "judgement" calls like PI or holding. All but 1 of CU 5 penalties were PI or holding.

No need to get chippy...just pointing out that a lot of their penalties were not judgement calls. Of their 10 / 11 penalties for the day, 6 were false starts. There rest were so called "judgement" calls like PI or holding. All but 1 of CU 5 penalties were PI or holding.
They had 13 before Clemson had one....so obvious even the announcers mentioned it.

wow, NCAA should obviously investigate
NCAA should take over the referees and no longer have conference referees. NCAA could set up regional areas that referees work in. Conferences simply pay an annual fee for the use of the refs. This would remove any apparent bias within and between conferences.

And I remember Clemson fans complaining constantly that FSU was getting all the calls and could get be with anything. I think the ACC has long protected what it considers it's top teams.

Last edited:
And interference.

Refs were just giving some make-up calls for the obvious missed targeting call that knocked Gallman out of the game. Wayne would have otherwise been good for about a hundo without the kill shot he took, hence the 100 yards in penalties for nc states cheap shot. Fair trade off IYAM.

Refs were just giving some make-up calls for the obvious missed targeting call that knocked Gallman out of the game. Wayne would have otherwise been good for about a hundo without the kill shot he took, hence the 100 yards in penalties for nc states cheap shot. Fair trade off IYAM.
BS. Clemson's OL was getting manhandled most of the game. Gallman wasn't getting near 100 and the hit was hard but clean. Cleaner than your LBs hits anyway.

wow, NCAA should obviously investigate

Tough to investigate false starts, delay of game, offsides, and illegal motions. NC state is the most heavily penalized team in the conference. They average 8 or 9 penalties every time they take their show on the road. Announcers were even saying before the game that NC state has to eliminate all the penalties and false starts if they are going to have a chance. Very poor coaching if you ask me. It was a poorly called game though.

BS. Clemson's OL was getting manhandled most of the game. Gallman wasn't getting near 100 and the hit was hard but clean. Cleaner than your LBs hits anyway.

Right. Hard, but clean with the crown of the helmet, right in the ear hole. Perfect form tackle.

I hope you're kidding. Gallman put his head down trying to make a helmet hit.

This might be the most ignorant post I've ever seen on this board. That is really saying something.

So you expect us to believe that the refs missed a targeting call, went back and watched it again, realized it was targeting and from that point on, started calling penalties on NC State until they felt that it was equal to the magnitude of the targeting penalty?

Right. Hard, but clean with the crown of the helmet, right in the ear hole. Perfect form tackle.
I thought that it was close to targeting when I first saw it. That said, they normally won't call it on hits in traffic to running backs. It is what it is. I was expecting the box to radio down for a review.

Honestly I thought it was a good no call. I think it was just an instance where the two hit in the right spot at the right angle to cause him to go down. That kids tough and normally can take just about any hit. He got laid out in the NC game and scrambled for the ball like he didnt even feel it. Then got right back up and went back to work. Just one of those things that comes with a contact sport.

Reactions: rogue cock
The no call on the clearcut facemask might have been a game changer. The Clemson player completely turned the state player around. I think that was a 3rd down play in the redzone. No excuse for that. The ref was right there. I guess the sun was in his eyes.

Louisville had more, plus a delay of game.

Honestly I thought it was a good no call. I think it was just an instance where the two hit in the right spot at the right angle to cause him to go down. That kids tough and normally can take just about any hit. He got laid out in the NC game and scrambled for the ball like he didnt even feel it. Then got right back up and went back to work. Just one of those things that comes with a contact sport.
01ff89dfe1130843429e371458260735

Yea because everyone teaches their players to tackle head first with their arms by their sides...Good no call right there.

You are stretching to call that helmet to helmet. That is shoulder to shoulder. Boulware's was much more obvious (forearm to throat/facemask) and y'all defended the heck out of his hit.

AR-161009491.jpg&maxw=800&q=90

You are right...Not sure how anyone could argue that. Ben Boulware is leading with his helmet directly into his neck and is trying to hurt the dude. It's completely obvious.

clemson.0.jpg

Oh and look, you are right, this is definitely a shoulder to shoulder attempt where this textbook tackle was made. No reason for anyone to be upset about a tackle like this that lays out a star running back at all.

AR-161009491.jpg&maxw=800&q=90

You are right...Not sure how anyone could argue that. Ben Boulware is leading with his helmet directly into his neck and is trying to hurt the dude. It's completely obvious.
I didn't say "helmet." I said forearm....and that picture proves it. Boulware went high with the forearm to the player's throat/facemask. Thanks for proving my point.

I didn't say "helmet." I said forearm....and that picture proves it. Boulware went high with the forearm to the player's throat/facemask. Thanks for proving my point.

It proves there are 6 inches in between his arm and his "head/neck" area when the hit is made. If you can look at my post and say Boulware's is the worse of the two, then I will mute you until I get banned from this website because your points are no longer valid.

It proves there are 6 inches in between his arm and his "head/neck" area when the hit is made. If you can look at my post and say Boulware's is the worse of the two, then I will mute you until I get banned from this website because your points are no longer valid.
What, the players froze at that point in time. So you took a snapshot just prior to the forearm going into his throat. His head immediately snapped back...basic physics will tell you he was hit in the head/neck area. Your point is invalid.

If you watch the video, the NC State player's helmet remains pretty much at a constant height. Gallman drops his head to make contact. That is all on Gallman. They need to teach RB's to not drop their heads.

Reactions: mUSCle Gamecock
If you watch the video, the NC State player's helmet remains pretty much at a constant height. Gallman drops his head to make contact. That is all on Gallman. They need to teach RB's to not drop their heads.

While i agree with you, what defensive coach would ever teach someone to tackle while looking at the ground and not trying to wrap up? IMO, if that's what they teach, they are asking for penalties because it should be called every time. Not saying that would have changed the game much, but when you aren't looking at your tackle, it is going to get someone hurt just like it did in that game...

What, the players froze at that point in time. So you took a snapshot just prior to the forearm going into his throat. His head immediately snapped back...basic physics will tell you he was hit in the head/neck area. Your point is invalid.
Maybe he should have choked the clemsux player. Apparently, that's acceptable in taterville.

You are stretching to call that helmet to helmet. That is shoulder to shoulder. Boulware's was much more obvious (forearm to throat/facemask) and y'all defended the heck out of his hit.
seriously??... shoulder to shoulder doesn't cause a player to lay lifeless like he did. it was a concussion, too. never seen a concussion caused by a blow to the shoulder.

seriously??... shoulder to shoulder doesn't cause a player to lay lifeless like he did. it was a concussion, too. never seen a concussion caused by a blow to the shoulder.

It's pointless, I tried. It's like spitting in the wind over here. Provided pictures to prove the difference in the hits and where the contact was made and how the tacklers were tackling...They don't need proof when they got their own expertise in how the game should and should not be played.

Actually, the way the State player made the hit is a great way to get his own neck broken or a concussion for himself. Not smart even if it wasn't called a penalty.

Galllman is the player that lowered his helmet into the NCSU player....so are you saying Gallman should've got the penalty? Not a good tackle and the poster above is correct in that it is a good way for the NCSU player to get hurt, but Gallman is the player that lowered his head into the tackle. As bad as the tackle was, the NCSU players face was facing the ground....didn't look like he intended to go after Gallman's helmet. Looked like he was trying to take Gallman's legs out.

The refs are already doing their part to help Clemson.
Officiating as bad as I can ever recall. On one particular play Clemson DB was holding the NCST receiver while the defensive tackle knocked the QB to the ground after he threw the ball. right in front of the referee. Neither infraction was called.

01ff89dfe1130843429e371458260735

Yea because everyone teaches their players to tackle head first with their arms by their sides...Good no call right there.
It's poor form tackling but nothing dirty. His head was dropped before Gallman's was. He was sticking his helmet in front of the ball carrier. Gallman dipped his helmet and that's where the contact occurred.

Reactions: mUSCle Gamecock
I just re-watched that clip and it looked to me like the NC State defender was trying to stick his helmet on the ball, which he did, and cause a fumble.

Reactions: rogue cock
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT