ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson player in big trouble

That happened on 7/21, the article is dated 8/1.

Did he take that long to turn himself in? Or has the story just been kept quiet?

Did he take that long to turn himself in? Or has the story just been kept quiet?
It was kept quiet. It hasnt been reported yet. But he was racing another clemson player . This is a fact .

Boys will be boys. Let’s hope boys become responsible men at some point and don’t kill, maim, injure others until that time.

Hmmmmm....thats about a $35K vehicle. And it took approx 10 days for him to be arrested? If the car was registered to him why would it be so hard to find him? Wonder who immediately posted his bond?

Things often look a little fishy up thar in Clempson when an athlete is involved. And of course not a peep about this in the Greenville (Tiger) News. CU really is lucky there is ZERO local investigative journalism in Upstate SC.

Hope all who sustained injuries are ok.

The Highway Patrol just finished their investigation. It included recreating the accident. It’s been public knowledge he was involved and this was expected. He was charged with reckless driving, turned himself in and was released. Very lucky he didn’t kill that lady

Hmmmmm....thats about a $35K vehicle. And it took approx 10 days for him to be arrested? If the car was registered to him why would it be so hard to find him? Wonder who immediately posted his bond?

Things often look a little fishy up thar in Clempson when an athlete is involved. And of course not a peep about this in the Greenville (Tiger) News. CU really is lucky there is ZERO local investigative journalism in Upstate SC.

Hope all who sustained injuries are ok.
He was at the accident with the police. They knew his name and had to recreate the accident to complete their investigation. They did that and charged him. It was in the Greenville news last week

They completed the investigation, they charged him with reckless driving and then he turned himself in. Prior to completing the investigation there would not have been anything to turn himself in for.
He is very fortunate no one was killed. The mail carrier did suffer serious injuries. Haven’t seen any reporting on their current condition. Some will say boys being boys, it isn’t. It’s stupid being stupid.

He was at the accident with the police. They knew his name and had to recreate the accident to complete their investigation. They did that and charged him. It was in the Greenville news last week
Who is the other player involved?

How can he be going 115 mph and just be charged with reckless driving? That seems to cross the line into something more serious.

Reactions: TheReelEss
How can he be going 115 mph and just be charged with reckless driving? That seems to cross the line into something more serious.

I agree. And not sure a non-Clempson football player would have gotten the same treatment by the good ole boys.

The local media has not covered this story much at all. If the Greenville news ran 1 story on it last week and thats all. That is not covering a story.

Its a midemeanor under state law.

SECTION 1. Article 23, Chapter 5, Title 56 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:

"Section 56-5-2925. (A) If the driver of a motor vehicle commits any act forbidden by law or neglects any duty imposed by law related to the driving of a motor vehicle and if the act or neglect proximately causes great bodily injury to another person, then the driver is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than five hundred dollars and not more than one thousand five hundred dollars, imprisoned for not more than one year, or both. For the purposes of this subsection, 'great bodily injury' means bodily injury that creates a substantial risk of death or that causes serious, permanent disfigurement or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ.

That’s not true. I was stopped doing 110 in high school. I got a reckless driving ticket and drove home after the ticket was written.In

That’s not true. I was stopped doing 110 in high school. I got a reckless driving ticket and drove home after the ticket was written.

Well, if you are trying to draw a parallel......in your incident was there an actual accident? Were there serious injuries? An officer on the scene obviously would have known this guy hit someone causing the vehicle to roll and sustained major injuries. I am sure EMS was called and the mail carrier was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.

The local media has not covered this story much at all. If the Greenville news ran 1 story on it last week and thats all. That is not covering a story.
It is when the accident was under investigation and there was nothing g else to report until the investigation was complete

Nice car he was driving $$$$
A spokesperson for Clemson Football released the following statement Sunday:

“Fred Davis remains with the program but will be subject to internal discipline. Grounds for internal discipline for misdemeanor charges like this are covered under the terms of the Clemson Student-Athlete Handbook, which says that the head coach can recommend a course of action, and upon concurrence of the designated CUAD administrator, administer sanctions.”

Nice car he was driving $$$$
A spokesperson for Clemson Football released the following statement Sunday:

“Fred Davis remains with the program but will be subject to internal discipline. Grounds for internal discipline for misdemeanor charges like this are covered under the terms of the Clemson Student-Athlete Handbook, which says that the head coach can recommend a course of action, and upon concurrence of the designated CUAD administrator, administer sanctions.”
Why are people so impressed with a $35,000 car? That’s what a Honda Accord costs. His hard work resulted in a full scholarship to college. Maybe his parents bought it for him? Happens all the time.

Why are people so impressed with a $35,000 car? That’s what a Honda Accord costs. His hard work resulted in a full scholarship to college. Maybe his parents bought it for him? Happens all the time.
Hey Tater, I'm sure all of their players come from wealthy families

Last edited:
Reactions: Lakecock1
No because you have to be poor and not even have things that families of average income have to prove to message board fans that you are not cheating. Similar to how idiots don't respect your charitable donations unless you go broke doing so.

Reactions: rogue cock
I would hope that if Carolina had a player do this, Beamer would kick him off the team.
It was a terrible mistake but kicking the kid to the curb is not the answer. Punishment yes, but to take away a college education and basically make him unable to get a scholarship anywhere else is too harsh. I don’t care what school the young man went too.

• Haha
Reactions: Lakecock1
It was a terrible mistake but kicking the kid to the curb is not the answer. Punishment yes, but to take away a college education and basically make him unable to get a scholarship anywhere else is too harsh. I don’t care what school the young man went too.
What if that was your Mom? People who race endanger the lives of other people. Screw him.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT