ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

I agree, SC really messed up when they left the ACC. They tried to get back in when the conference shake ups started but the ACC said no because they already had representation in South Carolina through Clemson. Clemson actually pushed to get Carolina back in the ACC from what I heard. But it wasn’t meant to be.

The story I read was when Carlen looked into rejoining, the ACC asked for too much money. A ridiculous amount for the time, but the regional TV package was more valuable than it is today. Until the middle 80s you could only be on one national broadcast per season, the Notre Dame rule.

Reactions: 6thDanTKD
Face it. Clemson is a great team and they have a great coaching staff and the money to support a big-time program. We simply either lack the will or the money to compete at a national championship level. You will get nowhere recruiting a majority of three-star recruits in any major program. After watching the first half of this game with Notre Dame, I can no longer ignore the fact the cheerleader is a top notch coach and the second best coach in the country right now. Coming from Alabama. he has that same mental attitude as Alabama in that nothing less than a national championship is acceptable. And we brought in "The Boom" as our fourth or fifth choice. Hurray.............

You make good points, but you guys make plenty of money.

Google the top 20 money-making CFB programs, and you'll see USC makes some big $$$.

You also have a very dedicated fanbase.

What you need is an administration that makes football a priority - there's plenty of cash to invest if they chose to do so.

No team that earns that much money should be getting stomped in a bowl game by a lower-tier ACC team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT