ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
I have listed simple facts that you can draw your own conclusion from regarding how a conference so weak could have the number one team in the playoff standings. (All information gained from ESPN)

As a conference they are 4-25 against ranked opponents.
-Clemson beat ND
-GT beat FSU
-UNC beat Pitt
-Miami beat Duke

Only seven teams have a winning record. With most of these wins coming in conference or against lower FBS/FCS teams.

Now to Clemson schedule and where the records stand of their opponents as of this week.

-Wofford 4-5 (Understand playing a lower in state school, we do it every year as well. No problem with it)
-AppSt 7-1 (Sunbelt conference. Schedule includes GaSt, ULM, ULaLa, USA, Old Dominion, Wyoming- Tough)
-Louisville 4-4 (Patrino gave away another game against Clemson with poor clock management)
-ND 7-1 (A good win in a horrible monsoon)
-GT 3-6 (stricken with injuries. Team not what it usually is. Had an upset against FSU)
-BC 3-6 (Clearly outmanned and unable to keep it close in the end.)
-Miami 5-3 (Beat down a team that is not very good. Wins against Nebraska, VT, and horrible Ref job @ Duke)
-NCSt 5-3 ( Big 12 type game. NC State only true win was against Wake Forest 4 wins vs LOW FBS/FCS)
-FSU 7-1 (This is Clemson season/ACC Championship. No big wins. Beat lowly ACC teams & TX St. USF)
-Syracuse3-5 (Wins vs Wake, Central Michigan, Rhode Island)
- Wake 3-6 (BC, Army, Elon are their wins)
- SC 3-5 (wins against worst team in CFB UCF, Vandy, and the top team in ACC Coastal Div. Champs-UNC)

So tell me what screams this is the number one team in the nation? They have one win against a quality opponent in ND. They should be FSU, who is not very good- but still ranked basked on beating up on ACC bottom feeders and USF .TX.ST) They should win out. But SERIOUSLY?!?! The number one team in the nation and have played ONLY NOTRE DAME!!

What am I missing that the committee is seeing?

I have listed simple facts that you can draw your own conclusion from regarding how a conference so weak could have the number one team in the playoff standings. (All information gained from ESPN)

-Clemson beat ND
-GT beat FSU
-UNC beat Pitt
-Miami beat Duke

Only seven teams have a winning record. With most of these wins coming in conference or against lower FBS/FCS teams.

Now to Clemson schedule and where the records stand of their opponents as of this week.

-Wofford 4-5 (Understand playing a lower in state school, we do it every year as well. No problem with it)
-AppSt 7-1 (Sunbelt conference. Schedule includes GaSt, ULM, ULaLa, USA, Old Dominion, Wyoming- Tough)
-Louisville 4-4 (Patrino gave away another game against Clemson with poor clock management)
-GT 3-6 (stricken with injuries. Team not what it usually is. Had an upset against FSU)
-Miami 5-3 (Beat down a team that is not very good. Wins against Nebraska, VT, and horrible Ref job @ Duke)
-NCSt 5-3 ( Big 12 type game. NC State only true win was against Wake Forest 4 wins vs LOW FBS/FCS)
-FSU 7-1 (This is Clemson season/ACC Championship. No big wins. Beat lowly ACC teams & TX St. USF)
- SC 3-5 (wins against worst team in CFB UCF, Vandy, and the top team in ACC Coastal Div. Champs-UNC)

So tell me what screams this is the number one team in the nation? They have one win against a quality opponent in ND. They should be FSU, who is not very good- but still ranked basked on beating up on ACC bottom feeders and USF .TX.ST) They should win out. But SERIOUSLY?!?! The number one team in the nation and have played ONLY NOTRE DAME!!

we say that every year......and then they beat the shit out of Ohio State and Oklahoma in their bowl games.....dont kid yourself....they are good and will beat the shit out of us.....63-17 again

If Clemson gets bounced from the playoffs in the first round the same way FSU did last year, it'll be a looooong time before the committee puts another ACC team in the top 4. They'd probably have to be conference champs a couple years in a row to get another look. Then it would still be a maybe.

If Clemson gets bounced from the playoffs in the first round the same way FSU did last year, it'll be a looooong time before the committee puts another ACC team in the top 4. They'd probably have to be conference champs a couple years in a row to get another look. Then it would still be a maybe.
Your first assertion isn't necessarily true. Probably not your second, either.

Reactions: CockyOneStraight

-Clemson beat ND
-GT beat FSU
-UNC beat Pitt
-Miami beat Duke

The committee didn't miss anything,. You're butthurt from being 3-5 and garnet glasses are getting in your way!

I hate Clemsux as much as anyone but the facts are that they are good. They will be the bull snot out of us and there isn't anything we can do to stop it. They may match the 84 points they put up against Wake several years ago. They have a staff that can coach and recruit while we have been idle for two years with a lame duck staff. Patheic the last two years.

-Clemson beat ND
-GT beat FSU
-UNC beat Pitt
-Miami beat Duke

If you think Clemson is not #1 then where would you rank them....honestly? No SEC bias or hate for Clemson involved ....just look at their work so far and look at the other teams and make you assessment. So far, they have to be in the Top 4. That could change quickly, however.

Reactions: scocks
I will draw my conclusion. your theory is wrong because to date Clemson has played the 18th hardest schedule. they are the only team that has a top 5 win other than ole miss but they are not in this discussion. They also to date have handled there schedule better than anyone else see the fpi. Those and the eye test are what the committee was looking at.

-Clemson beat ND
-GT beat FSU
-UNC beat Pitt
-Miami beat Duke

Perhaps run the same level of analysis for LSU, Bama, and OSU, and you'll see what the committee is seeing. Clemson doesn't operate in a vacuum.

If you think Clemson is not #1 then where would you rank them....honestly? No SEC bias or hate for Clemson involved ....just look at their work so far and look at the other teams and make you assessment. So far, they have to be in the Top 4. That could change quickly, however.

You can check the thread from yesterday where I said I believe they would be in the top four, I thought they would fit in around 3 or four.

Reactions: tigers79
I will draw my conclusion. your theory is wrong because to date Clemson has played the 18th hardest schedule. they are the only team that has a top 5 win other than ole miss but they are not in this discussion. They also to date have handled there schedule better than anyone else see the fpi. Those and the eye test are what the committee was looking at.

Clemson played ND when they were number 8 in the polls. I totally agree that they have handled their schedule against far inferior teams.
Throw Carolina/Clemson hate out the window- I honestly want to know how they have played the 18th hardest schedule? Who has made it that hard besides ND?

Clemson played ND when they were number 8 in the polls. I totally agree that they have handled their schedule against far inferior teams.
Throw Carolina/Clemson hate out the window- I honestly want to know how they have played the 18th hardest schedule? Who has made it that hard besides ND?

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

There is the link to strength of schedule to this date. Now I know it will decline in the next coming weeks. Also you are right about the 8 for notes dame. however I have a question for you if South Carolina beats a ranked opponent week 3 but they finish unranked then that is not a ranked win correct. That street goes both ways notre dame is a top five win because they are top 5 now. Or does that street not go both ways?

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

There is the link to strength of schedule to this date. Now I know it will decline in the next coming weeks. Also you are right about the 8 for notes dame. however I have a question for you if South Carolina beats a ranked opponent week 3 but they finish unranked then that is not a ranked win correct. That street goes both ways notre dame is a top five win because they are top 5 now. Or does that street not go both ways?

That road went both ways last year when you beat Louisville and we beat Georgia...

Nobody really knows what the committee is thinking when they do these polls ... how do you claim to know what they will do in the future? and if one of the ACC teams are in the top 4 then they will be picked. Period. End of story as much as that hurts you haters.

Face it clemson is a good team. The committee's rankings on November 3rd are meaningless...that will change in about a month.

I like that they're "ranked" #1 at this point, because it sets the table for some epic clemsoning!

Reactions: NetworkX
I have clemson at #3 behind OSU and LSU. I would have OSU #1 because they are the NC and they haven't lost a game. That just the way I feel about that. They should be #1.

I tend to agree with the reasonable posters on this thread and I also think that if Clemson wins out, they WILL be 3 or 4. Even if Clemson beats the crap out of FSU (and I'm worried about this game), if LSU beats Bama, they will be the new number 1 team and I have no problem with that. If Ohio State beats Michigan and Michigan State plus the championship game, they will jump us too.

I have clemson at #3 behind OSU and LSU. I would have OSU #1 because they are the NC and they haven't lost a game. That just the way I feel about that. They should be #1.

I can't say that I disagree with this. We do a weekly ranking on the soundoff board and I ranked Clemson #2 behind THE as I feel the same. As the defending champs, it is theirs until someone takes it away from them. I would likely jump LSU over Clemson after this week provided they both win on Sat as their body of work would IMO rate it with their wins over Bama and UF.

The bottom line is this...Clemson seems to find themselves when they play the name teams (Oklahoma, Auburn, LSU, Ohio State, etc) Their only real problem for the past 6 years has been Florida State and South Carolina. So what did they do? They decided not to take it any more...they paid highly for great assistant coaches and they bumped up their recruiting efforts tremendously. I'm hoping that after this season and the butt kicking they will dish out on us, that we decide to not take it any more and step up our efforts!

FSU was the defending champs last year. They were undefeated last year. Yet they still dropped out of the #1 spot. Ohio state has not looked good. Plus their schedule has not been tough. That is why they are not #1.

Clemson's schedule so far has been better than OSU or LSU or Baylor or TCU. That is why yet are #1.

Has anyone even mentioned that Clemson had 2 1/2 weeks to get ready for their only tough game to date against Notre Dame? That is like having a bowl seasons worth of practice and recovery time. I will give Dabo credit, when he has that long, he usually wins which is why he has won the bowl games that he has. I will give credit where it is due, Clemson is good this year and yes they will beat Carolina. Just ask yourself Clemson fans, in all seriousness. If South Carolina was undefeated and had played the exact schedule you had, wouldnt you be saying the very same things we are? I think so.

I can't disagree with OSU at #1. OSU seems to have a lot of unusual issues but they keep winning and have a ton of talent. LSU lacks a great QB and that may cost them as early as this weekend at Bama. Again, lots of future NFL talent. Really don't think BAM should have made the Top 4 yet. Win out and absolutely but they did lose to Ole Miss ( turnovers count)

Y'all need to come on over to the ACC where you would match up much better with the teams in the conference....that way you could dominate, get a high ranking and take your chances in a playoff game....Win or lose a big time play off game will result in exposure and commitments from some of the best HS players in the Carolinas....and you keep rolling....

Reactions: gamecock ed
Typical tater response when presented facts.
I'll simplify a little...Who has Clemson played besides ND?

Typical coot response. Let me make it simple enough for you to understand. Doesn't matter what you or your dumpster fire thinks. What matters is what the CFP committee thought and said. They said Clemson is #1. BUTTHURT MUCH! Left some butthurt cream in another post, go find it. You need it.

Last edited:
We wont be #1 next week even with a win over FSU unless we blow them out, which I don't think happens. The winner of Bama/LSU will be #1 next week and I can't argue with that.

Reactions: Matte Black
The committee didn't miss anything,. You're butthurt from being 3-5 and garnet glasses are getting in your way!

Doesn't 1/4 of the committee have tater ties? If ESPN wasn't giving all that money to the ACC they wouldn't ever have a team in the playoff

Reactions: Plyger
We wont be #1 next week even with a win over FSU unless we blow them out, which I don't think happens. The winner of Bama/LSU will be #1 next week and I can't argue with that.

If LSU wins, I agree. If Bama wins, not so sure. I don't think they jump from 4 to 1.

Y'all need to come on over to the ACC where you would match up much better with the teams in the conference....that way you could dominate, get a high ranking and take your chances in a playoff game....Win or lose a big time play off game will result in exposure and commitments from some of the best HS players in the Carolinas....and you keep rolling....

Yeah we already punked one of the ACC division leaders

Doesn't 1/4 of the committee have tater ties? If ESPN wasn't giving all that money to the ACC they wouldn't ever have a team in the playoff

Keep telling yourself that, if you say it enough it will have to be true. LOL

Keep telling yourself that, if you say it enough it will have to be true. LOL

Lol. Don't worry it will all be over soon. If NC State could move the ball at will I am sure FSU will rub the lip stick off da pig sat lol

Lol. Don't worry it will all be over soon. If NC State could move the ball at will I am sure FSU will rub the lip stick off da pig sat lol

I'm sure y'all can't wait for it to all be over this year, I hope you beat the Citadel for that fourth win.

I'm sure y'all can't wait for it to all be over this year, I hope you beat the Citadel for that fourth win.
Haha, you sound like you're about to burst into tears, over on your rivals message board desperately begging for validation. You should be celebrating your team's #1 ranking before FSU dashes your hopes as they always do.

the fact that ND is in the top 5 tells me all I need to know abt the committee
your top 5 win is agains a fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT