ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually just using the info that the committee used. Somebody thinks Clemson is pretty good.

Ok, good for you.... but why here, on this site? I don't get it. I've never even thought about going over to taternet and trying to convince taters to see things the Gamecock way, even during our 5 year winning streak. I guess I'm just an old fart.

Ok, good for you.... but why here, on this site? I don't get it. I've never even thought about going over to taternet and trying to convince taters to see things the Gamecock way, even during our 5 year winning streak. I guess I'm just an old fart.
Validation... They want it so bad.

Wall...head...hello....give it the fark up. If they are posers like all you deniers say, it will happen soon enough. These posts just make our fans look like bitter, jealous, fools. Our great coach got caught up in ego and arrogance.

Reactions: LazyIslander
I have listed simple facts that you can draw your own conclusion from regarding how a conference so weak could have the number one team in the playoff standings. (All information gained from ESPN)

As a conference they are 4-25 against ranked opponents.
-Clemson beat ND
-GT beat FSU
-UNC beat Pitt
-Miami beat Duke

Only seven teams have a winning record. With most of these wins coming in conference or against lower FBS/FCS teams.

Now to Clemson schedule and where the records stand of their opponents as of this week.

-Wofford 4-5 (Understand playing a lower in state school, we do it every year as well. No problem with it)
-AppSt 7-1 (Sunbelt conference. Schedule includes GaSt, ULM, ULaLa, USA, Old Dominion, Wyoming- Tough)
-Louisville 4-4 (Patrino gave away another game against Clemson with poor clock management)
-ND 7-1 (A good win in a horrible monsoon)
-GT 3-6 (stricken with injuries. Team not what it usually is. Had an upset against FSU)
-BC 3-6 (Clearly outmanned and unable to keep it close in the end.)
-Miami 5-3 (Beat down a team that is not very good. Wins against Nebraska, VT, and horrible Ref job @ Duke)
-NCSt 5-3 ( Big 12 type game. NC State only true win was against Wake Forest 4 wins vs LOW FBS/FCS)
-FSU 7-1 (This is Clemson season/ACC Championship. No big wins. Beat lowly ACC teams & TX St. USF)
-Syracuse3-5 (Wins vs Wake, Central Michigan, Rhode Island)
- Wake 3-6 (BC, Army, Elon are their wins)
- SC 3-5 (wins against worst team in CFB UCF, Vandy, and the top team in ACC Coastal Div. Champs-UNC)

So tell me what screams this is the number one team in the nation? They have one win against a quality opponent in ND. They should be FSU, who is not very good- but still ranked basked on beating up on ACC bottom feeders and USF .TX.ST) They should win out. But SERIOUSLY?!?! The number one team in the nation and have played ONLY NOTRE DAME!!

What am I missing that the committee is seeing?
You wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best. They'll be undefeated when they come into WB and when they leave the ACC Championship. I hope they get LSU or Bama in the first round of the playoff.

Didn't they also beat Wisconsin?

Wisconsin is not ranked. Like I said they have played absolutely no one and lost to ole miss. That list keeps looking worse and worse. So try again and find someone else they have played. They don't have a single win that matches clemsons win over Notre Dame.

Wisconsin is not ranked. Like I said they have played absolutely no one and lost to ole miss. That list keeps looking worse and worse. So try again and find someone else they have played. They don't have a single win that matches clemsons win over Notre Dame.

You are right Wisconsin isn't currently ranked... But are 7-2 and a win this weekend- they will be.
Texas A&M is ranked currently.... They are 6-2
Beat a Tenn team that is a good team. Lost to OU, UF, Bama, with a bad loss to Arkansas

They still have LSU(ranked), Miss St(ranked), and Auburn left

So when FSU loses to you guys and then to Florida.... will that be a good win for you guys? They will not be ranked at the end of the season... Most of the teams you will have played will have losing records or be at the 7-5/6-6 levels... So besides a ND team who have you beaten with a pulse or better yet... what will be said when the committee sees that you beat only one ranked team at the end of the year? Is that deserving being ranked number one in the nation?

You are right Wisconsin isn't currently ranked... But are 7-2 and a win this weekend- they will be.
Texas A&M is ranked currently.... They are 6-2
Beat a Tenn team that is a good team. Lost to OU, UF, Bama, with a bad loss to Arkansas

They still have LSU(ranked), Miss St(ranked), and Auburn left

So when FSU loses to you guys and then to Florida.... will that be a good win for you guys? They will not be ranked at the end of the season... Most of the teams you will have played will have losing records or be at the 7-5/6-6 levels... So besides a ND team who have you beaten with a pulse or better yet... what will be said when the committee sees that you beat only one ranked team at the end of the year? Is that deserving being ranked number one in the nation?
I'm not sure why you're struggling with this. Undefeated Clemson, in all likelihood, won't be #1, or even #2, in the final playoff rankings. I'm not sure I'd argue that a 1 loss Bama should be above them, because the Ole Miss loss is pretty unforgivable, even though they played a clearly tougher schedule. However, the committee showed that they'll do it, as witnessed by FSU last year. But any other team that goes undefeated outside of the B12 will have played a tougher schedule and will be ranked above Clemson. Their #1 spot is temporary, and it doesn't matter if they win out. I don't see any possible way Clemson is #1 in the final ranking.

Just curious so did some schedule checking: Those that are complaining about Alabama need to check out schedule:
Beat
7-2 Wisconsin
4-0 UGA when they still had Chubb at UGA
Arkansas
5-1 A @ M team at College Station
UT who has lost to Bama, Florida, Oklahoma and Arkansas by total of 17 points
Now they play LSU, at MSU (7-2) and at Auburn

Compare that to other teams and the question should be what other team can run thru that schedule undefeated?

In fact, switch their schedule with the team that is currently ranked #1 and tell me on that teams schedule where Bama would have lost a game? Heck, their last 3 games are going to be tougher than most teams full schedule.

So if you want the best teams in schedule needs to be a factor. Baylor, please. If Fornette played against them he might be the 1st player to gain a 1000 yards in a season.

What it boils down to is Bama will play LSU this week and the following week go to 7-2 Miss St. Other teams play 1 "tough" game and then get breathers for weeks.

I'm not sure why you're struggling with this. Undefeated Clemson, in all likelihood, won't be #1, or even #2, in the final playoff rankings. I'm not sure I'd argue that a 1 loss Bama should be above them, because the Ole Miss loss is pretty unforgivable, even though they played a clearly tougher schedule. However, the committee showed that they'll do it, as witnessed by FSU last year. But any other team that goes undefeated outside of the B12 will have played a tougher schedule and will be ranked above Clemson. Their #1 spot is temporary, and it doesn't matter if they win out. I don't see any possible way Clemson is #1 in the final ranking.

I was responding to the tater tots who were trying to justify that they deserved where they were ranked currently and that they have the 8th-12th toughest schedule... All I am doing is stating facts for them... The sad part is it doesn't matter if you are 1st or 4th and then 2nd or 3rd since you will still have the same opponent.

Just curious so did some schedule checking: Those that are complaining about Alabama need to check out schedule:
Beat
7-2 Wisconsin
4-0 UGA when they still had Chubb at UGA
Arkansas
5-1 A @ M team at College Station
UT who has lost to Bama, Florida, Oklahoma and Arkansas by total of 17 points
Now they play LSU, at MSU (7-2) and at Auburn

Compare that to other teams and the question should be what other team can run thru that schedule undefeated?

In fact, switch their schedule with the team that is currently ranked #1 and tell me on that teams schedule where Bama would have lost a game? Heck, their last 3 games are going to be tougher than most teams full schedule.

So if you want the best teams in schedule needs to be a factor. Baylor, please. If Fornette played against them he might be the 1st player to gain a 1000 yards in a season.

What it boils down to is Bama will play LSU this week and the following week go to 7-2 Miss St. Other teams play 1 "tough" game and then get breathers for weeks.

This is the same thing I posted above a few minutes ago... It amazes me the thought process many of the tater tots have if they think Alabama hasn't played anyone..

Reactions: BigTomE
I was responding to the tater tots who were trying to justify that they deserved where they were ranked currently and that they have the 8th-12th toughest schedule... All I am doing is stating facts for them... The sad part is it doesn't matter if you are 1st or 4th and then 2nd or 3rd since you will still have the same opponent.
I think they DO deserve the #1 spot as of today, though. Or at least them and LSU are interchangeable. They won't at the end of the season, for obvious strength of schedule reasons.

Clemson may be top 15..Teams that don't play but 1 or 2 quality opponents don't deserve anything more. They lose Saurday and against the Cocks. .history says so..FIVE of six against the fakers. Now git back to your cornfield and have a cow patty loser.
Wow some of you really are Spoiled little children. I come here thinking I might have a discussion about football but I have quickly learned that many of you are so blinded by your fandom for Game Cocks that you are not capable of having one. Oh well no big deal and if you wanna talk history it started long before the 5 year streak.

Wow some of you really are Spoiled little children. I come here thinking I might have a discussion about football but I have quickly learned that many of you are so blinded by your fandom for Game Cocks that you are not capable of having one. Oh well no big deal and if you wanna talk history it started long before the 5 year streak.
Spoiled? You're the one on a Gamecock message board pouting because we're not pumping up our arch rival.

Spoiled? You're the one on a Gamecock message board pouting because we're not pumping up our arch rival.
Pehaps you should actually read a post. I never once pouted about anything but instead of having an intelligent conversation you would rather just make stuff up and hate !!!

SEC east has a record of 30-27.
ACC coastal has a record of 34-24.

The only ranked team is Florida. They were unranked preseason I believe. Could be wrong there. Only reason why they are "good" is because they beat up all the rest of the crap in the SEC east.

Reactions: champs8487
Pehaps you should actually read a post. I never once pouted about anything but instead of having an intelligent conversation you would rather just make stuff up and hate !!!
I've read all of your posts. You said that Clemson will score in the 40's on us, we'll be luck to get in the 20's. You said that you guys play better after each big win, yet discount when it was pointed out earlier that it is against far inferior opponents. You're on a Gamecock board and you're calling Gamecock fans spoiled because they don't hold Clemson in the highest regard that you do. Sounds pretty pouty to me.

I've read all of your posts. You said that Clemson will score in the 40's on us, we'll be luck to get in the 20's. You said that you guys play better after each big win, yet discount when it was pointed out earlier that it is against far inferior opponents. You're on a Gamecock board and you're calling Gamecock fans spoiled because they don't hold Clemson in the highest regard that you do. Sounds pretty pouty to me.
No I called you that because I gave some facts and some opinions in a very civil manner and you replied like a jerk! I say Clemson will Score in the 40's not out of thin air but that is the average they have scored this year against all competition( 56 and 58 in the last 2 games) they have a good offense. By the way not opinion but fact the teams you say are inferior had top ranked defenses. And Clemson on Average gives up 17.65 points a game so based on those figures and averages Clemson will score 40 and SC will score 17 or 18. Now I also said anything can happen and if SC can figure out how to take Clemson from their normal game then it might be close or SC may win. I never once demeaned SC or tried to do anything but discuss football.

No I called you that because I gave some facts and some opinions in a very civil manner and you replied like a jerk! I say Clemson will Score in the 40's not out of thin air but that is the average they have scored this year against all competition( 56 and 58 in the last 2 games) they have a good offense. By the way not opinion but fact the teams you say are inferior had top ranked defenses. And Clemson on Average gives up 17.65 points a game so based on those figures and averages Clemson will score 40 and SC will score 17 or 18. Now I also said anything can happen and if SC can figure out how to take Clemson from their normal game then it might be close or SC may win. I never once demeaned SC or tried to do anything but discuss football.
Until you called some people on here spoiled children for disagreeing with you. That's not being a jerk but me calling you out on that is. Gotcha.

I hate Clemsux as much as anyone but the facts are that they are good. They will be the bull snot out of us and there isn't anything we can do to stop it. They may match the 84 points they put up against Wake several years ago. They have a staff that can coach and recruit while we have been idle for two years with a lame duck staff. Patheic the last two years.
They don't have to be good to whip THE GAMECOCKS this year. Some can't see past their freaking nose.

They don't have to be good to whip THE GAMECOCKS this year. Some can't see past their freaking nose.
They were suppose to be good when they played WVU, They were suppose to be good when they played Alabama. Don't understand your "GOOD"

Until you called some people on here spoiled children for disagreeing with you. That's not being a jerk but me calling you out on that is. Gotcha.[/QUOT
I did not call anyone anything until I was called things myself. I guess i will just have to say i disagree with your assessment of basically everything but you have a good day and weekend1

No one is trying to convince anyone of anything . Some people like football and like discussing games. I happen to pull for Clemson but I have family and friends who are Game Cock fans. I used to pull for SC when they did not play Clemson . Attitudes like ones on this board make that difficult but there are great people who are fans of both teams and people who are jerks for both . I just thought maybe I could discuss and pick up some info but all I've got is ACC stinks all SEC is great go back to the farm tater. Pitiful really . If the shoe does not fit you then perhaps we will have a good discussion.

Of course it takes a certain amount of good fortune to win a NT. Yes they recruited well and I'm not down playing how good they are but they have been tremendously lucky this year. First this happens to be a very down year In overall great teams nationally no one can dispute that. Second they have played most of their games at home and certainly the few tougher games have been at home. It also seems that any good teams they are playing have I'll timed injuries at key positions. The year Clemmons is hitting on all cylinders there really isn't 1 other good team in the acc. North Carolina is second best and even our lowly team beat those guys. The taters also have been fortunate with no big injuries unlike others. So far everything has fallen in to place for them and yes this could be their year but it only takes but 1 bit of bad luck and everything can go to crap. It will be interesting to see how things may work out.

Reactions: DaddyRooster
Of course it takes a certain amount of good fortune to win a NT. Yes they recruited well and I'm not down playing how good they are but they have been tremendously lucky this year. First this happens to be a very down year In overall great teams nationally no one can dispute that. Second they have played most of their games at home and certainly the few tougher games have been at home. It also seems that any good teams they are playing have I'll timed injuries at key positions. The year Clemmons is hitting on all cylinders there really isn't 1 other good team in the acc. North Carolina is second best and even our lowly team beat those guys. The taters also have been fortunate with no big injuries unlike others. So far everything has fallen in to place for them and yes this could be their year but it only takes but 1 bit of bad luck and everything can go to crap. It will be interesting to see how things may work out.

Do people even check before they post crap like this? I will concede our hardest games have been at home but "most of their games at home" is garbage when compared to other teams.

LSU 6 home 2 away (including SC game)
Bama 6 home 2 away
OSU 5 home 3 away
Clemson 5 home 3 away
ND 5 home 3 away
Baylor 5 home 3 away

Looks pretty even to me.

Do people even check before they post crap like this? I will concede our hardest games have been at home but "most of their games at home" is garbage when compared to other teams.

Bama 6 home 2 away
OSU 5 home 3 away
Clemson 5 home 3 away
ND 5 home 3 away
Baylor 5 home 3 away

Looks pretty even to me.
And now look at the opponents.

Bama 6 home 2 away
OSU 5 home 3 away
Clemson 5 home 3 away
ND 5 home 3 away
Baylor 5 home 3 away

Looks pretty even to me.
Arlington Tx home for Bama?

Reactions: IPOC369
incredulous.gif

Gamecocks beat the ACC Coastal Leader. LOL. For cryin' out loud if that doesn't tell us all we need to know.

Bama 6 home 2 away
OSU 5 home 3 away
Clemson 5 home 3 away
ND 5 home 3 away
Baylor 5 home 3 away

Looks pretty even to me.
Because LSU playing at Tuscaloosa is the same as playing at Louisville or nc state. Or just about any sec stadium other than Kentucky and vanderbilt.

It's the same.
DukeFootball.jpg

I'd say FSU is probably better than unc. That coastal is garbage. We have to hope FSU will win today. If not the taters won't have a problem with whatever garbage comes out of the coastal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT