ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
6-3, maybe 7-2 ... same time same station same location they lose to Georgia and LSU on the road for sure, probably A&M and/or Tennessee, too - but I don't think both. UNC in Charlotte they'd win, UK, UCF and Vandy at home they'd have won and I think they would have beaten Mizzou on the road.

At 7-2 they'd be ranked 'bout #18 - #20 ... which is 'bout right; with 3 losses they wouldn't be in the Top 25.
clemson barely beat Louisville, who lost to a so-so Auburn team, then they lost to Houston then FSU ... Notre Dame has cruised all year barely beating the likes of UVA, Boston College, GA Tech and Temple (NOT a 'quality' team) while just getting by an underperforming So. Cal ... and FSU has been lukewarm all year ... they lost to GA Tech, barely beat Wake and should have lost to Miami. ZERO opposition most of the year ... those soldiers haven't even seen any 'vicious' fighting. The stars have certainly been perfectly aligned.

clemson has a good team but #1? Man, please. They don't have a SINGLE 'quality' win ... they haven't had anyone 'test' 'em except NCSU who had no defense, Syracuse and Wake should be no problem, they have 'zip' ... nope, I expect clemson to arrive 11-0 and I fully expect to burst their bubble.

The ball's bounced the tigers way all year but in fairness they made many of their own breaks ... Louisville's inability to throw it to their own guys hurt 'em and Notre Dame's last minute brain f#rt gave 'em that 'W' ... FSU? clemson was better than FSU, that was a 'W' they earned and deserved. But I GUARANTEE clemson will be a lot more afraid of us than we are of them when they come to Williams-Brice - SCARED of losing; and they should be.

Watson's a very good QB and Galman's a hard runner but their defense CAN be had. Their special teams are average, at best ... they drop as many punts as they catch and still haven't figured out who to put back there ... Watson OVERTHROWS a LOT. If we stop the screens and draws and don't turn it over we'll beat 'em. They're not as good as UGA or LSU, especially on the road. clemson plays a full TD better at home IMHO ... not 3-points. Any Gamecock fan that provides a clemson fan a ticket to WB on Nov. 28th 'ought be SHOT.

The Gamecocks need this to be the loudest, most hostile environment clemson's seen all year - which, candidly, shouldn't be hard to do. Louisville's got a little stadium, Miami's EMPTY, Wake is TINY and Syracuse is the same color and they don't show up anyway. It's TIME to give 'em a SHOCK.

lol

Reactions: CockyOneStraight
You're not exactly excluded from the supposed "rent free" when you knowingly chimed in on an obvious Tater thread. We can just talk about recruiting and coaching changes for the 100,000th time this week, but it's getting boring. Besides, I covered recruiting, the ones that got paid millions to actually do it did nothing. The fans have done their part for too long.

So teams that lose bowl games just do not want to be there? how convenient, any team could say that. do you even remotely know how stupid that sounds?
You don't think it's fair to say that a team that barely missed out on a chance at a national championship isn't excited about being in the next best bowl?

You don't think it's fair to say that a team that barely missed out on a chance at a national championship isn't excited about being in the next best bowl?
A team that barely misses the chance at a NC or Playoff will take it out on the team they get to face instead...Ask Ole Miss how TCU handled that last year

A team that barely misses the chance at a NC or Playoff will take it out on the team they get to face instead...Ask Ole Miss how TCU handled that last year
You're delusional if you don't think a team that barely missed out on a national championship appearance is going to be disappointed in a lesser bowl.

The TCU example is completely different. TCU had something to prove because they felt slighted. A team that loses late in the year knows that they blew an opportunity.

But what I don't get...why do you even care to post here? Why not go to tigernet and debate with Clemson fans?

This is probably one of the more stupid comments made on these boards. I like discussing college football. Specifically Clemson. South Carolina plays Clemson every year, our schools are in the same state. We often compete for that same players, etc? Is any of this making any sense to you?

Now I could turn it back around and ask an equally dumb question like, why is this board full of Clemson related posts? And we could go back an forth about the amount of time spent by each fan base on the other school and it would look completely similar to a thousand other posts about the same thing.

Let me bottom line it for you since the concept of the internet, message boards and being a fan of team has eluded you. There was a post about Clemson fans. As a response to that post there was a very sane, logical response about the cyclical nature of teams success. I agreed with the post because I believe this to be true. It did not cost me any money, it did not cost you any money. I did not actually walk into your house and demand you listen to me. This is the internet and guess what we are all here for the same reason.

I hope this answers your question.

The biggest problem with playing in the SEC is the wear on the players.
I'm not getting into yet another schedule dissection but this is a 100% correct comment. And why I would not at all be surprised if both Bama and LSU lose this weekend.

9-0, and that is without bias that I say that. No doubt about it. The only competitive game would have been LSU, and they are so one dimensional I am not sure that would even have been close. LSU will be the only ranked team you have played in this weeks rankings. That's one less than we will have beaten already with our own schedule.
Seriously! You are without bias. You are a homer and I dont fault you until you claim to be without bias. I hope you guys draw Bama first so that memories of Atlanta will return.

9-0 or 8-1...sad but true
I don't think they'd be that good, but it's close. I'd say 7-2 or 6-3, depending on where certain games would be played. Clemp is pretty darn good. Watson is a more accurate Shaw. Just like when we had Shaw, he's the wildcard. Teams can't account for him with all those WRs they have running around. Like Shaw, Watson is too fast for most college LBs, especially 1 on 1.

In fact, I think they're better than their 1981 team who I always thought was pretty good but not great. I hate to admit it but the fact that they replaced so many on D this year, but yet don't seem to have dropped off, is impressive.

clemson has a good team but #1? Man, please. They don't have a SINGLE 'quality' win ... .

Name OSU's quality win...they have not played a T25 team all year and barely beat NIU.

Name Baylor's quality win...they also have not played a T25 team.

Name Bama's quality win...LSU who is still T10. But they lost to Ole Miss at home. (You can't chalk it up as a bad game, if you can't credit Clem for playing bad vs. UL on the road.) IMO, they should not be in the playoff (right now at least) with a loss.

You have to take off the garnet colored glasses man...ND and FSU are still in the T20 and are most certainly "quality" wins.

So teams that lose bowl games just do not want to be there? how convenient, any team could say that. do you even remotely know how stupid that sounds?
Do you even remotely know how stupid you sound? Do some research. The LSU coaches called out their own players because they wouldn't practice for the bowl game. They wanted the NFL recruiters to know. A few weeks before, LSU was in contention for the Natuonal Championship. So many players & fans thought playing clemsux in a chick-fil-a bowl was beneath them. Also, it was obvious the LSU players entering the draft were playing not to get hurt. Eat it.

Do you even remotely know how stupid you sound? Do some research. The LSU coaches called out their own players because they wouldn't practice for the bowl game. They wanted the NFL recruiters to know. A few weeks before, LSU was in contention for the Natuonal Championship. So many players & fans thought playing clemsux in a chick-fil-a bowl was beneath them. Also, it was obvious the LSU players entering the draft were playing not to get hurt. Eat it.

So teams that lose bowls when they had better things planned get a free ride. That could be applied to a lot of teams. Could even be applied to SC and Clemson. In your world then bowls are meaningless. And my post is the one that is stupid?

I think that when you get old (like me) it is a lot easier to accept reality and be gracious about competitive matters. I have a lot of older gamecock friends who are all very complimentary of this Clemson team. I was also humbly complimentary of those 11-win SC teams. I think that young people with excellent vision can see better but they just don't have the humility to look at life clearly. Your team has been playing extremely hard the last two games. They deserve a lot of credit. I'm sure it is not an easy predicament.

....Never..."We only have to play one top 10 team and win by 2 points at home to be #1".
Of course, we also have to beat all those other powderpuff ACC teams"

Reactions: instaGATOR
So teams that lose bowls when they had better things planned get a free ride. That could be applied to a lot of teams. Could even be applied to SC and Clemson. In your world then bowls are meaningless. And my post is the one that is stupid?
We aren't talking about every bowl in the world, just the LSU bowl game. I presented facts and told you to research. Yes, your post is still stupid.

When you play against Wofford, App. St, Wake, BC and Syracuse week in and week out, it's hard to find losses.

But the answer for the present time is that dabo the clown spent the money to hire what have proven to be some good asst coaches under him. Those coaches, in turn, have put in the time and effort recruiting excellent talent. Right now, it's all come together for them, and it looks as though it will stay together for them for the foreseeable future.

I think that when you get old (like me) it is a lot easier to accept reality and be gracious about competitive matters. I have a lot of older gamecock friends who are all very complimentary of this Clemson team. I was also humbly complimentary of those 11-win SC teams. I think that young people with excellent vision can see better but they just don't have the humility to look at life clearly. Your team has been playing extremely hard the last two games. They deserve a lot of credit. I'm sure it is not an easy predicament.
I think the consensus is that clemsux has a good team. The real question is how good. To try to match what we have faced vs what they have faced. I think clemsux would beat us....but I am not sure they would beat every team we have played. The schedule says your SOS is high...but the Wofford, App.St. Wake and BC doesn't seem to add up to UGA, Tennessee, LSU and Texas A&M. That's why I take the SOS with a grain of salt.

When you play against Wofford, App. St, Wake, BC and Syracuse week in and week out, it's hard to find losses.

But the answer for the present time is that dabo the clown spent the money to hire what have proven to be some good asst coaches under him. Those coaches, in turn, have put in the time and effort recruiting excellent talent. Right now, it's all come together for them, and it looks as though it will stay together for them for the foreseeable future.
Look at the roster you see players from all over they go after talent wherever it is. We stay local (SC,NC,GA,FL) for the most part. Built really fine faculties but forgot to spend on getting talent. We could be hitting CA there is loads of talent that would live to play SEC Football. They might have a off year now and then but not like these 2 .

1 loss maybe 2, but doubt it... Clemson is better than any team we have played... Collectively, however, I think they lose at least one simply due the the grind of the SEC schedule. Just ask Alabama....

I mean doesn't every team go into a drought?
Schedule man, schedule. They go into the year with 6 wins ever year. That's why I didn't understand when people said they could have a bad year. If they were a slightly above average team they would have only 1 or two loses going into our game.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT