ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I was replying to the guy who is still talking about winning 5 of 6. It has absolutely nothing to do with my reply to the OP. I am much more concerned with the future than the past.

Clemmons has at least
Raspberry-vanilla-cupcakes-.jpg

on their schedule every year. This is the biggest reason why they seldom go under .500

When you play against Wofford, App. St, Wake, BC and Syracuse week in and week out, it's hard to find losses.

But the answer for the present time is that dabo the clown spent the money to hire what have proven to be some good asst coaches under him. Those coaches, in turn, have put in the time and effort recruiting excellent talent. Right now, it's all come together for them, and it looks as though it will stay together for them for the foreseeable future.

Hey! We saw this Assistant hiring stuff coming over 5 years ago, heading right between our eyes and, apparently, our staff was reading this Board as we laughed and joked about IPTAY going broke paying those big Assistant Coach salaries. Ha-ha the joke's on us.

I think that when you get old (like me) it is a lot easier to accept reality and be gracious about competitive matters. I have a lot of older gamecock friends who are all very complimentary of this Clemson team. I was also humbly complimentary of those 11-win SC teams. I think that young people with excellent vision can see better but they just don't have the humility to look at life clearly. Your team has been playing extremely hard the last two games. They deserve a lot of credit. I'm sure it is not an easy predicament.

I think it is hard for some of us SC fans to say ANYTHING good about Clemson. It's really painful watching you guys have the success that you are this year while we are going through so much uncertainty.
Bottom line is that Clemson has basically done all the things you would want out of your team so far this year - won some close ones, won some ugly ones, throw in a whooping or two of a few teams, and play with consistency from an energy/focus standpoint. I don't know why some people can't just admit that.
Assuming you guys make the playoff which seems likely then I guess we'll all really see what Clemson is made of....that's when all this talk will cease to matter. In my own opinion most teams out there this year are flawed - but Alabama playing with a purpose like they are is going to be really hard to beat I think for Clemson or any other team but I guess we'll just have to see. I still feel like there is a very small outside chance we bring it all together and play you guys really tough and give ourselves a chance to win but we shall see if the Gamecocks can hold it together and keep playing hard the remainder of the season.

The people saying 6-3 and 5-4 are just being jealous losers. I realize it's tough to see our rival playing well but let's not go full stupid and start constantly trying to discredit what they have done. They would beat Georgia. They would curb stomp A&M and Tennessee. We easily could have won both and we aren't even close to the team Clemson is. Jealousy is a bad look. Looking at this board every day is depressing. There is more Clemson talk on here than discussion about our boys. It's sad really. Some of you just need to accept Clemson for who they are right now. They are the #1 team in the land and have passed every test handed to them. You guys have them losing to teams that have 3 and 4 losses already. It's mind numbing.

As bad we are, as much of a disaster as our team is, we still beat the likely division winner in the ACC on a neutral field. Any more questions?

And this is the reason why we can't move on.....celebrating moral victories. Who cares if we beat UNC, how is that helping US?

No commitment to being good. When a commitment was made to hire the right coach and make the changes necessary to facilities, recruiting improved. HBC was a good coach so they won consistently. See 5 in a row if you don't believe it.

Clemson was always committed to being a good FB program.

Let me splain it to ya.........and this should put it into perspective for all the taters out there as well.............

To show the strength (and I use that term lightly) of the ACC, when FSU joined, didn't they win something like 30 ACC games in a row? I mean seriously, they went on a run of like 3 1/2 years before finally dropping a game. Didn't they have another win streak of around 24 games in the conference up to this year (or sometime last year).

Does anyone think the SEC would ever have another team go three years without a loss? That tells you about top to bottom strength vs lack of it (or non-parity) in the ACC.
NOTE: I know I could look up the exact numbers for you for the FSU win STREAKS......but I really don't care about the ACC cause they suck top to bottom.

I will give the taters credit.........they have a good team this year. But make no mistake......their schedule should garner a minimum of 8+ wins per year.

And this is the reason why we can't move on.....celebrating moral victories. Who cares if we beat UNC, how is that helping US?

So winning is a "moral" victory? It's better than losing to UNC. By the way, beating an ACC division champ is a selling point to a recruit if said recruit wants to play against the best in the country. We sell that even during a down year, we can beat their best.

AP?

Since the schedule expanded to 12 games many years ago, both Clemson and SC have normally played 7 of 12 games at home. This is nothing new. It's almost a formula:

- 8 conf game (4 home, 4 road)
- in state FCS opponent ( home)
- lower level FBS opponent like App St (home)
- Power 5 OOC (for CU, normally SEC or ND. alternates. If SC game is at home, this game is on the road and vice versa.
- SC rivalry game (obviously rotates each year)

There is sometimes a quirk with a neutral field kick off game, but for this is the standard template. No evil conspiracy cooked up a diabolical plan to help Clemson make the playoff in 2015.

Try again.....
"Normally SEC or ND"
Until this season, when was the last time Clemson played ND?

No, I was replying to the guy who is still talking about winning 5 of 6. It has absolutely nothing to do with my reply to the OP. I am much more concerned with the future than the past.
Has everything to do with your reply. If they are coached so well, recruit so well, and perform so well, then why have we dominated them for so long? Does that help? I can't dumb it down much more than that.

Reactions: TigerBagg
Let me splain it to ya.........and this should put it into perspective for all the taters out there as well.............

To show the strength (and I use that term lightly) of the ACC, when FSU joined, didn't they win something like 30 ACC games in a row? I mean seriously, they went on a run of like 3 1/2 years before finally dropping a game. Didn't they have another win streak of around 24 games in the conference up to this year (or sometime last year).

Does anyone think the SEC would ever have another team go three years without a loss? That tells you about top to bottom strength vs lack of it (or non-parity) in the ACC.
NOTE: I know I could look up the exact numbers for you for the FSU win STREAKS......but I really don't care about the ACC cause they suck top to bottom.

I will give the taters credit.........they have a good team this year. But make no mistake......their schedule should garner a minimum of 8+ wins per year.
Thanks for the explanation. But I don't know what it has to do with my comments about us getting serious about competing.

Has everything to do with your reply. If they are coached so well, recruit so well, and perform so well, then why have we dominated them for so long? Does that help? I can't dumb it down much more than that.

Not too good with reading comprehension I see. Can you dumb down enough to read the OP and then read my response to it? I doubt it.

you act like that's losing in the first round of the big dance or something, its freaking hard to make the college football playoffs

I agree.The tooters are doing good this year.No argument here.But if they go up against Alabama the way the Tide has been playing it will be very tough to beat that defense.

Are you slow or just a Clemson fan? Sorry, same thing I guess. The point wasn't that we beat UNC, the point was no matter how bad a team is, it's hard to lose a game in the ACC. It's nearly impossible for a team to have a down year with an ACC schedule because even their best teams are a joke. Other than Florida State and Clemson there isn't another team in the whole conference that is any good at all. Those schools don't care about football. The real question is how does Clemson ever have a season they don't win 10 games?

Not too good with reading comprehension I see. Can you dumb down enough to read the OP and then read my response to it? I doubt it.
Is it that you can't answer the question or you just refuse to because it destroys your weak argument?

Probably 9-0.
MAYBE 8-1.

LSU at essentially a neutral site could have been tough. At Georgia with Chub could have been tough, but I still think Clemson wins.

Life in the mighty mighty SEC, so tough. How many ranked teams? Four, and Mississippi State is a fraud and Florida is a half-fraud. It's a little better than the ACC, but no one's buying the SEC as the NFC South any more. The SEC is littered with mediocre teams, just like the ACC. Clemson is better than any team in the SEC except Bama, and that will be a good game.

Are you slow or just a Clemson fan? Sorry, same thing I guess. The point wasn't that we beat UNC, the point was no matter how bad a team is, it's hard to lose a game in the ACC. It's nearly impossible for a team to have a down year with an ACC schedule because even their best teams are a joke. Other than Florida State and Clemson there isn't another team in the whole conference that is any good at all. Those schools don't care about football. The real question is how does Clemson ever have a season they don't win 10 games?

You will never get it.....ever.

With all due respect, as this our rivals' board. I have to ask how beating us 5 of 6 is dominating us for so long. Clemson had won 10 of the last 12 before the 5 game streak. So even with the streak Clemson has still won 11 out of the last 18, and unless something drastic takes place, chances are it will be 12 of the last 19. 5 years in a row is awesome, but it is a small sample size. I tip my hat to you guys for steamrolling us those 5 years. It was very discouraging and I even forgot what it felt like to win and sort of wondered if we ever would again.

I didn't mean any disrespect by this post and don't want to be banned for putting in my 2 cents. Good luck the rest of the year, except against us. :)

Clemson never has a season like this because they play in the ACC. It would be impossible to have this kind of season with gift wrapped wins on the schedule.

I'm not getting into yet another schedule dissection but this is a 100% correct comment. And why I would not at all be surprised if both Bama and LSU lose this weekend.

I have to point out that when Clemson played LSU in the 2012 bowl game, who had players dropping like flies? It definitely wasn't Clemson.

You do realize that Alabama is second on the list for longest conference winning streak at 27. FSU's was at 29 with the longest. So our conference has had a 3+ year undefeated team.

Reactions: cp1275
I think the consensus is that clemsux has a good team. The real question is how good. To try to match what we have faced vs what they have faced. I think clemsux would beat us....but I am not sure they would beat every team we have played. The schedule says your SOS is high...but the Wofford, App.St. Wake and BC doesn't seem to add up to UGA, Tennessee, LSU and Texas A&M. That's why I take the SOS with a grain of salt.
Out of curiosity, when we compare schedules between the two teams, why do we always pick the worst 3 or 4 teams they play and the best 3 or 4 we play? Why wouldn't you compare Wofford, App St., Wake, and BC to Citadel, Vandy, UK, and UCF instead? It's obvious, and it comes off as disingenuous every time.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, when we compare schedules between the two teams, why do we always pick the worst 3 or 4 teams they play and the best 3 or 4 we play? Why would you compare Wofford, App St., Wake, and BC to Citadel, Vandy, UK, and UCF instead? It's obvious, and it comes off as disingenuous every time.

But that wouldn't help the argument.

When you play against Wofford, App. St, Wake, BC and Syracuse week in and week out, it's hard to find losses.

But the answer for the present time is that dabo the clown spent the money to hire what have proven to be some good asst coaches under him. Those coaches, in turn, have put in the time and effort recruiting excellent talent. Right now, it's all come together for them, and it looks as though it will stay together for them for the foreseeable future.

And Missouri, Kentucky, The Citadel, UCF, Vandy, and Tennessee are better. Come on man. Not trying to start anything, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT