ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, as this our rivals' board. I have to ask how beating us 5 of 6 is dominating us for so long. Clemson had won 10 of the last 12 before the 5 game streak. So even with the streak Clemson has still won 11 out of the last 18, and unless something drastic takes place, chances are it will be 12 of the last 19. 5 years in a row is awesome, but it is a small sample size. I tip my hat to you guys for steamrolling us those 5 years. It was very discouraging and I even forgot what it felt like to win and sort of wondered if we ever would again.

I didn't mean any disrespect by this post and don't want to be banned for putting in my 2 cents. Good luck the rest of the year, except against us. :)
If you're outcoaching, outrecruiting, and outperforming another program, you don't lose 5 straight years. Wouldn't it have sounded crazy if a Carolina fan said 6 years ago that we were doing all of those things so much better than Clemson? Maybe you get a fluke year, MAYBE two, but not five. Dabo has a 2-8 record in the regular season against top 25 teams. You take that ratio to the SEC and you're looking at the Chicken Sandwich bowl every year, IF that. Clemson doesn't have down years because their schedule doesn't allow for it. The year y'all lost to South Florida y'all don't even make a bowl game if you're in the SEC. Again, we beat the best ACC whatever division team and we're terrible in the SEC. It is what it is.

Has everything to do with your reply. If they are coached so well, recruit so well, and perform so well, then why have we dominated them for so long? Does that help? I can't dumb it down much more than that.
During those 5 years Clemson won their ACC conference championship(Doesn't matter that you think the "a she she" is weak) and a BCS bowl game(Which usc never did).While usc rested on it's laurels with their division championship only to lose in their conference championship. But congratulations to you once again for winning your state rival game 5 years in a row. It's no small feat what usc did,but if I may ask. How is that helping the usc program now? 2014 ended your streak against a NON division rival. So I guess I'm a a bit curious exactly what does it do for the NOW? Dabo has a vision and it's paying off. Doesn't matter if you like the cheerleader or not. I've said this before but It warrants repeating,I truely hope usc and Tanner go head long into hiring the best coach and let him build his own staff. So that game at the end of the year in the state of South Carolina will pit the top ACC team against top SEC team. Bring the best out in both schools and let the td's fall where they may. :)
But to answer the op. I consider the whole of the 90's as a down decade for the tigers. :)

Do you think you could beat Alabama if you played them this Saturday?

At home? I think it would be a great game. I don't think we would be blown off the field. I'm being honest. We are recruiting as well as anyone not named Bama. I think we have great coaching and out guys are physical. I think we would beat LSU and I think if we lost to Bama it wouldn't be a woodshed beating. I have a lot of respect for their success and longevity of it.

During those 5 years Clemson won their ACC conference championship(Doesn't matter that you think the "a she she" is weak) and a BCS bowl game(Which usc never did).While usc rested on it's laurels with their division championship only to lose in their conference championship. But congratulations to you once again for winning your state rival game 5 years in a row. It's no small feat what usc did,but if I may ask. How is that helping the usc program now? 2014 ended your streak against a NON division rival. So I guess I'm a a bit curious exactly what does it do for the NOW? Dabo has a vision and it's paying off. Doesn't matter if you like the cheerleader or not. I've said this before but It warrants repeating,I truely hope usc and Tanner go head long into hiring the best coach and let him build his own staff. So that game at the end of the year in the state of South Carolina will pit the top ACC team against top SEC team. Bring the best out in both schools and let the td's fall where they may. :)
But to answer the op. I consider the whole of the 90's as a down decade for the tigers. :)
Bottom line, if you outcoached, outrecruited, and outperformed us for all those years, then how did we beat you on the field? Spin however you want. Scoreboard says it all.

At home? I think it would be a great game. I don't think we would be blown off the field. I'm being honest. We are recruiting as well as anyone not named Bama. I think we have great coaching and out guys are physical. I think we would beat LSU and I think if we lost to Bama it wouldn't be a woodshed beating. I have a lot of respect for their success and longevity of it.
Haha! Well at least your honest. Delusional, but honest. Bama would blow Clemson and every team y'all squeaked by off the field, including FSU who lost to GT WITH their starting QB. Same with Louisville, NC State, etc. And there's no way y'all stop Fournette. No way. You couldn't even stop Dalvin Cook with a back up QB at home.

Bottom line, if you outcoached, outrecruited, and outperformed us for all those years, then how did we beat you on the field? Spin however you want. Scoreboard says it all.
o_O
Ok now I understand you don't really pay attention to the whole of a program. As long as you can brag about the past? Well good luck to usc on their next coaching hire. :)

o_O
Ok now I understand you don't really pay attention to the whole of a program. As long as you can brag about the past? Well good luck to usc on their next coaching hire. :)
The recent past as it relates to who has recently coached well, performed well, and recruited well. Do you have another test besides results on the field?

We don't need luck to attract our next coach. Our facilities and HUGE athletic budget will allow us many qualified PROVEN options. We won't have to settle for an uproven position coach hot off the road from selling insurance. What's Dabo's record against his rival again? lol

Haha! Well at least your honest. Delusional, but honest. Bama would blow Clemson and every team y'all squeaked by off the field, including FSU who lost to GT WITH their starting QB. Same with Louisville, NC State, etc. And there's no way y'all stop Fournette. No way. You couldn't even stop Dalvin Cook with a back up QB at home.

Lol. Always honest man. I try to be anyway. As far as Cook goes, yes he busted a big run for a TD. He is very quick and very shifty. Venables made adjustments and it worked. If Cook played in the SEC you guys would label him as one of the top 3 backs in the country. As far as adjustments go, the last 59 minutes of game play Clemson held FSU to 2 field goals. I say that is great. You may not, but I think it is pretty good. I read a little earlier that 6 of the 9 teams we have played we have held the opponent to their lowest score of the year. We lost a lot of talent on defense, but we are still playing pretty well. Hopefully we will see if we can handle Bama.

Reactions: CockyOneStraight
And as it is we are lucky to have 1 win in the SEC. See the difference there?

Does this mean we agree the ACC is extremely weak?

Nah. I believe the ACC has some pretty good teams. UNCheat, Duke, Pitt, Miami, Clemson, FSU. Clemson fans didn't vote them into the #1 spot in the AP and CFP Committee Polls. Clemson happens to be in what you say is a weak Conference yet they have been taking care of business in the bowl games. Oklahoma, Ohio State, and LSU were supposedly much better teams. All that said USuC still sucks out loud.

Lol. Always honest man. I try to be anyway. As far as Cook goes, yes he busted a big run for a TD. He is very quick and very shifty. Venables made adjustments and it worked. If Cook played in the SEC you guys would label him as one of the top 3 backs in the country. As far as adjustments go, the last 59 minutes of game play Clemson held FSU to 2 field goals. I say that is great. You may not, but I think it is pretty good. I read a little earlier that 6 of the 9 teams we have played we have held the opponent to their lowest score of the year. We lost a lot of talent on defense, but we are still playing pretty well. Hopefully we will see if we can handle Bama.
Come on with the busted one big run crap! If you take that away he still ran for 120 on 20 carries which is 6ypc. You don't think Fournette could do that too? And I guarantee Miles wouldn't stop running him in the 2nd half especially with a back up QB running the show on the road.

Cook IS one of the best in the country. Great player. But their team is average and their back up QB sucks. GT beat them with their starter. It is what it is.

We beat them in the trenches. That's how we beat them. If you look at the last few years they have been building depth in the trenches while we have seen our talent level on the lines decrease and not backfill the positions. They have always had the skill guys but if you can't get them the ball or get the other teams off the field it doesn't matter.

That's how they have out recruited us and out performed us in replacing talent and developing it. Our coaches just kicked their feet up on the desk thinking we had arrived and didn't take advantage of our success. They kept plugging away while we talked about 5 in a row.

If you honestly can't see the difference between our team now and theirs then your in for a tough day this year against them.

Reactions: CockyOneStraight
Nah. I believe the ACC has some pretty good teams. UNCheat, Duke, Pitt, Miami, Clemson, FSU. Clemson fans didn't vote them into the #1 spot in the AP and CFP Committee Polls. Clemson happens to be in what you say is a weak Conference yet they have been taking care of business in the bowl games. Oklahoma, Ohio State, and LSU were supposedly much better teams. All that said USuC still sucks out loud.
Look we suck for our standards but we still beat maybe the best team in the ACC. Miami, pretty good? Seriously? Pitt? Duke? Come on, man.

I will say MAYBE UNC proves to be worthy of the top 25 but I'll wait til their bowl game. None of the other teams you mention deserve top 25.

I put Clemson in the top 20 for at least consistently beating bad teams. But that's it. No one else from the ACC gets in right now.

We beat them in the trenches. That's how we beat them. If you look at the last few years they have been building depth in the trenches while we have seen our talent level on the lines decrease and not backfill the positions. They have always had the skill guys but if you can't get them the ball or get the other teams off the field it doesn't matter.

That's how they have out recruited us and out performed us in replacing talent and developing it. Our coaches just kicked their feet up on the desk thinking we had arrived and didn't take advantage of our success. They kept plugging away while we talked about 5 in a row.

If you honestly can't see the difference between our team now and theirs then your in for a tough day this year against them.
I do see a difference. But it's THIS year. I think we have talent that hasn't been coached properly. We've got many players that were offered by big time SEC programs. It's not a coincidence that none of them are producing. We need a new coaching staff. Guess what...

th

Geez the SEC East is terrible this year, can't you give it a break. Tigers have taken care of their business this year unlike the Gamecocks this year or last year.

Likely still 9-0, perhaps 8-1. The only game that we may have lost would have been LSU. It would have been comparable to the ND game regardless of what most on here say in trying to discredit ND in their hatred for Clemson. We may have beat LSU we may not have, it is all speculation. What is not speculation is we ARE 9-0 and have the best odds of remaining undefeated of all the top teams and being in the CFP.

It is amazing how all the experts have Clemson ranked at worst #3 (most have them at worst #2) in the country yet they are all idiots as most of the gamecock fans tell it since the Tigers are nowhere near being a top 10 team much less #1 or 2.

Whatever makes you feel better. The same Notre Dame team we beat is the same team and same players they have won with in all but one game. For example, their QB has led them to victory in every game except the first one over Texas. Is Notre Dame currently a top 5 team because Malik Zaire was their QB in a win over a horrible Texas team? Call Deshone Kizer a backup if it makes you feel better but they are ranked where they are because of him. He is one of the top 5 QBs in the country right now.

Also, our roster has been hit with losses as well. Just like Notre Dame, we entered that game absent 5 starters that we lost in the preseason or in the first couple of games due to injury or other issues. Our two most experienced starters on defense, Korrin Wiggins (starting DB - ACL) and DJ Reader (starting DT - personal) were lost. On offense, we were without our only two returning starters on the OL, and both happen to be at the two most critical OL spots in left tackle and center. That was Battle (dismissed) and Norton (knee injury). And it just so happens that we were lucky enough to lose our best receiver, Mike Williams, who was a thousand yard receiver the previous year, to a broken neck on the first drive of the season. Wow, are we lucky or what? That is 5 key starters, not just role players, that we played without and have been playing without. We also lost very 2 key reserves.

And as for our schedule, we have the highest ranked strength of record in the country. That is the odds that any average top 25 team in America would have a record equal to ours at this point. That means our record against our schedule to this point in the season is the least probable, statistically, of any team in America. Also, we have already defeated 5 bowl eligible teams, and it will be 6 after Louisville wins this week. We are the only team with a win over a current top 5 opponent, and one of only two teams with at least two wins over a currently ranked opponent. Those are objective facts about our schedule, not a subjective view of a broken hearted fan.

I'm not saying Clemson will win the national championship. We very well may not. But our resume to this point is undeniably better than any other team in America right now, today. We'll be ranked #1 again this week because of it. It doesn't mean crap from here on out, but we haven't just been lucky and just catching breaks like you want to believe.
And one of the very very few tough teams you play is at home.

Do you even remotely know how stupid you sound? Do some research. The LSU coaches called out their own players because they wouldn't practice for the bowl game. They wanted the NFL recruiters to know. A few weeks before, LSU was in contention for the Natuonal Championship. So many players & fans thought playing clemsux in a chick-fil-a bowl was beneath them. Also, it was obvious the LSU players entering the draft were playing not to get hurt. Eat it.

I think this says something about the desire to compete if you aren't willing to go out there and beat a team that is trying to beat you. So a team that barely misses playing for the national championship would rather go out and get beat again? By a team from the cupcake conference? I've heard that we only beat LSU because we had 5 weeks to prepare for them and I've heard that they didn't want to he there. That is just silly.

Try again.....
"Normally SEC or ND"
Until this season, when was the last time Clemson played ND?

The point is with the ACC affiliation, Clemson will pay ND periodically. In years where that doesn't happen, it is a power 5 team like Auburn, Georgia, A&M, etc. It's a formula.

I will admit that the SEC West is the best division in CFB but the gamecocks don't play in the West and the East is ranked even worse than the ACC Costal. You can cherry pick the record all you want but you have only played two teams that are ranked now with your third coming up this week. So whatever makes you sleep better at night knowing you are going end up 4-8 this year and next year doesn't look any better.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...est-sec-east-division-rankings-advanced-stats

Last edited:
Agree with you CED2244. There are only TWO stadiums in the ACC that seat 75 to 80 thousand the other teams a lot less .Compared that to the SEC stadiums, not even close plus in the SEC with all those athletes on even a down year a team can and will jump up and bite you in the butt. The ACC not so much. I would love to see Clemson play 3 good not great teams back to back to back that have quarterback play and I can guarantee you they would have a loss or two. So, with that being said the ACC cares little about football and Clemson has taken advantage of that .

Your guarantee is nothing more than your opinion. We all know what opinions are like!

Last edited:
Schedule's certainly helped and nobody knew who'd be good and who'd tank in 2015 ... can't fault clemson 'cause FSU went south (quite a bit) ... even among FSU's 'wins' this year several have been squeakers against historically stomp-em competition - good luck, good fortune, whatever ... it is what it is.

What's a little disappointing to me is all the talk 'bout how long some fans think it'll take our Gamecocks to return to double-digit winning seasons.

I guess people fawning over clemson FORGET dabo's 1st year was only 7-6 ... which he followed up with a 9-win season. then he TANKED, had a losing season going BACKWARDS and finishing just 6-7 after 9-wins the year before ... even losing to SOUTH FLORIDA !!! in the toilet bowl somewhere.

Since then it's been 4 at least 10-win seasons ('15 will be 5 in a row) ... marred, of course by the fact that in 3 of those 4 GREAT seasons South Carolina kicked clemson's a$$ ... which makes me wonder why all the moaning?

clemson's enjoyed better than decent QB play for a while, had several GREAT receivers then hooked Watson, who's pretty-much carried them since arriving. Beasley was a legit stud on D and #90 is an awesome player for this year's clemson team.

Yea, they've been 'lucky' but they've filled their talent gaps nicely and I give 'em credit for that. But that said, clemson ain't even CLOSE to the #1 team in college football. Watching clemson football is akin to watching a KC-Montreal World Series ... who gives a rip?!!! South Carolina - even with all our troubles is gonna' whack their butts. clemson's gonna gag like kindergarden kids eating play-dough cookies. They AIN'T REAL!!!

Clemson is going to illustrate our lack of recruiting and dropoff in talent. We can't cover the type of offense that they're bringing. It's going to get ugly and Dabo might be in a position where he can't call off the dogs.

Your guarantee is nothing more than your opinion. We all know what opinions are like!
What is wrong here? Football has Clemson and FSU and ND until they decide to live for greener pastures and more money. ACC has been and always will be about basketball, that's why they went and got Lousivlle, The Cuse and Pitt... And that meant you will never win in basketball.

What is wrong here? Football has Clemson and FSU and ND until they decide to live for greener pastures and more money. ACC has been and always will be about basketball, that's why they went and got Lousivlle, The Cuse and Pitt... And that meant you will never win in basketball.

The response was directed to the part now bolded guaranteeing that the Tigers would lose one or two football games.

I agree completely on the basketball part. Very few ACC teams care or try in football and of the few that do, most are down right now.

Last edited:
Clemson is going to illustrate our lack of recruiting and dropoff in talent. We can't cover the type of offense that they're bringing. It's going to get ugly and Dabo might be in a position where he can't call off the dogs.

FORKCOCK as in the intersection of Hwy 41&57 Fork?

Likely still 9-0, perhaps 8-1. The only game that we may have lost would have been LSU. It would have been comparable to the ND game regardless of what most on here say in trying to discredit ND in their hatred for Clemson. We may have beat LSU we may not have, it is all speculation. What is not speculation is we ARE 9-0 and have the best odds of remaining undefeated of all the top teams and being in the CFP.

It is amazing how all the experts have Clemson ranked at worst #3 (most have them at worst #2) in the country yet they are all idiots as most of the gamecock fans tell it since the Tigers are nowhere near being a top 10 team much less #1 or 2.
bubble will burst, I'll be there to remind you when it does.

This year is like the 2000 schedule only that ga tech and fl st aren't any good this year and the real beat down won't happen till the bowl game like it did in 2000 because of an overinflated ranking from playing weak opponents.

That was also the year of the push off. Karma may be satisfied this year, either way bowl game will be a beat down.

bubble will burst, I'll be there to remind you when it does.

Of course it will, no team wins every game. The question is when do they lose? Will it be prior to the ACCCG? I don't think so and while I respect you being completely behind you team and your support of them, in reality you don't either. Will it be during the ACCCG? Don't think so there either. In the CFP this year? Don't know possibly yes, possibly no, but I don't think there is a team out there that the Tigers don't match up well with so it wouldn't be the blowout so many gamecocks think it would be.

SC could beat Ole Piss right now dude. Please hush. good luck against Boeheim this week.

I agree that South Carolina could beat Ole Miss right now. They have proven that a lot of teams can beat them right now. I was commenting about the constant reference to the Gamecocks win over UNC and how that makes them the "best team in the Coastal" or "Coastal Champion".

Using that logic, this year Northwestern is the best team in the PAC 12 North and Virginia Tech won the BIG 10 and National Championship last year. Perhaps I am missing something but in my opinion, take the win over UNC for what is, a quality win over a good team. The more you try to take away from them the more you hurt what may end up being the high point of the season.

Agree with you CED2244. There are only TWO stadiums in the ACC that seat 75 to 80 thousand the other teams a lot less .Compared that to the SEC stadiums, not even close plus in the SEC with all those athletes on even a down year a team can and will jump up and bite you in the butt. The ACC not so much. I would love to see Clemson play 3 good not great teams back to back to back that have quarterback play and I can guarantee you they would have a loss or two. So, with that being said the ACC cares little about football and Clemson has taken advantage of that .
Name we 3 sec teams with good qb play

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT