ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tar and feathering, and he has to give his first born over to the tater cult.

6-3, maybe 7-2 ... same time same station same location they lose to Georgia and LSU on the road for sure, probably A&M and/or Tennessee, too - but I don't think both. UNC in Charlotte they'd win, UK, UCF and Vandy at home they'd have won and I think they would have beaten Mizzou on the road.

At 7-2 they'd be ranked 'bout #18 - #20 ... which is 'bout right; with 3 losses they wouldn't be in the Top 25.
clemson barely beat Louisville, who lost to a so-so Auburn team, then they lost to Houston then FSU ... Notre Dame has cruised all year barely beating the likes of UVA, Boston College, GA Tech and Temple (NOT a 'quality' team) while just getting by an underperforming So. Cal ... and FSU has been lukewarm all year ... they lost to GA Tech, barely beat Wake and should have lost to Miami. ZERO opposition most of the year ... those soldiers haven't even seen any 'vicious' fighting. The stars have certainly been perfectly aligned.

clemson has a good team but #1? Man, please. They don't have a SINGLE 'quality' win ... they haven't had anyone 'test' 'em except NCSU who had no defense, Syracuse and Wake should be no problem, they have 'zip' ... nope, I expect clemson to arrive 11-0 and I fully expect to burst their bubble.

The ball's bounced the tigers way all year but in fairness they made many of their own breaks ... Louisville's inability to throw it to their own guys hurt 'em and Notre Dame's last minute brain f#rt gave 'em that 'W' ... FSU? clemson was better than FSU, that was a 'W' they earned and deserved. But I GUARANTEE clemson will be a lot more afraid of us than we are of them when they come to Williams-Brice - SCARED of losing; and they should be.

Watson's a very good QB and Galman's a hard runner but their defense CAN be had. Their special teams are average, at best ... they drop as many punts as they catch and still haven't figured out who to put back there ... Watson OVERTHROWS a LOT. If we stop the screens and draws and don't turn it over we'll beat 'em. They're not as good as UGA or LSU, especially on the road. clemson plays a full TD better at home IMHO ... not 3-points. Any Gamecock fan that provides a clemson fan a ticket to WB on Nov. 28th 'ought be SHOT.

The Gamecocks need this to be the loudest, most hostile environment clemson's seen all year - which, candidly, shouldn't be hard to do. Louisville's got a little stadium, Miami's EMPTY, Wake is TINY and Syracuse is the same color and they don't show up anyway. It's TIME to give 'em a SHOCK.
In all likelihood their record would be 9-0.

cu#1 fan__ if we played the Tiger schedule this year we might have one loss but I doubt it. What you Tiger fans cannot understand because you never have experienced it, is having to go on the road and face 100,000 fans on a Saturday night. Any year you have to play Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, or any SEC team on the road you have a very hard time coming out with a win. You are used to cup cake road games in front of 15,000 on the average. All the bragging about beating LSU, and OSU were not done in Baton Rouge in front of 102,000 or Columbus with 95,000 hostile fans. Correct me if wrong, but Clemson has never played in front of 100,000 people.We beat your ACC second best team already this year as down as we are and don't expect a cakewalk when you play us.
We may never win the SEC or the national championship but we will always be the force to stop Clemson from sneaking into a playoff beating awful teams. How much better is the ACC bell cow (no pun intended) than UNC?
We sure will find out 11/28.

Clemson playing SC's schedule:
UNC (N) - W
UK - W
@ UGA - W (with or without Chubb)
UCF - W
@ Mizz - W
@ LSU - L (50/50 game)
Vandy - W
@ A&M - W
@ UT - W
UF - W (50/50 game)
Cit - W

So 10-1 with splitting the 50/50 games

SC playing Clemson's Schedule

Wofford - W
App St. - W
@ UL - L (Thursday night on the Road)
ND - L
GT - W (50/50 game)
BC - W
@ Miami - L (50/50 game)
@ NC St. - L
FSU - L
@ Cuse - L (Hung with LSU)
WF - W

So 5-6 with splitting the 50/50 games

Reactions: maggie1j
If you guys can't see that UNC has improved over the course of the year then I don't know what to say. However, Clemson has improved as well and will beat UNC and SC. I never claim we will beat you guys. I guess I'm stepping out on a limb this year.

I think it is hard for some of us SC fans to say ANYTHING good about Clemson. It's really painful watching you guys have the success that you are this year while we are going through so much uncertainty.
Bottom line is that Clemson has basically done all the things you would want out of your team so far this year - won some close ones, won some ugly ones, throw in a whooping or two of a few teams, and play with consistency from an energy/focus standpoint. I don't know why some people can't just admit that.
Assuming you guys make the playoff which seems likely then I guess we'll all really see what Clemson is made of....that's when all this talk will cease to matter. In my own opinion most teams out there this year are flawed - but Alabama playing with a purpose like they are is going to be really hard to beat I think for Clemson or any other team but I guess we'll just have to see. I still feel like there is a very small outside chance we bring it all together and play you guys really tough and give ourselves a chance to win but we shall see if the Gamecocks can hold it together and keep playing hard the remainder of the season.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything said in this post.

Interesting that you listed Wofford and App St for Clemson, but left off UCF and Vanderbilt for USC.
Vanderbilt would beat 6 teams on your schedule. As would any SEC team. We would probably be at least 7-2 with your schedule. Clemson fans are delusional. UNC is 8-1 and ranked 17th. That tells me all I need to know about the quality of the teams in the ACC. 17th?

Reactions: uscguy327
Is it that you can't answer the question or you just refuse to because it destroys your weak argument?

That pesky reading comprehension is really giving you fits isn't it? Let me type this really slow so maybe you will get it......the OP asked why Clemson doesn't have seasons like this. Are you with me so far? He said that referring to being in a drought, a slump, winning a bunch of games for a couple of years and then suddenly not even being able to qualify for a bowl. The kind of season going on here now. Are you still following me? See there was a lot of success here recently, and now all of the sudden things look pretty bad. What he was asking us, is why doesn't that happen to Clemson. I replied that it is because they recruit at a high level, coach at a high level, and more times than not their players perform at a high level. Your hand gesture has nothing to do with why they don't have these kind of seasons. It's not relevant to the OP. I am sorry if you can't accept what is going on up there, most of us here can.

This is a pointless discussion but it is a discussion none the less. I honestly think the SEC is not as good as advertised. I do not think any team in a power 5 conference is worried about playing any team from the SEC EAST. The best team is Florida and they cant seem to score points. The west has some good teams but only Alabama and LSU seem to be close to elite and LSU again cant seem to score points especially if you stop the run( which is a task). Yes I know the ACC is not striking much fear in the hearts of opponents but they are probably better than you think and Clemson could beat anybody on your schedule and will probably get a chance to see if they can beat Alabama ,that should be a good game.

Reactions: champs8487
The SC and NC game seems like a long time a go. That game was decided by turn overs and poor play calling. I give SC credit they made plays when they needed to and NC did not. NC did however show that the SC defense can not stop the run it is mind boggling why NC stopped running but they did and SC won.. Credit SC. however the 2 teams have been in different directions sense that day and NC has improved and SC has not improved on their first game. SC has played better the last few games sense Spurrier retired or resigned or quit what ever you wanna call it the team has played better. The great thing about it is you actually have to play the games and who know SC may win out or they may lose them all. Same with Clemson but each team has to play their own and not the rest of the conference. Good Luck!

cu#1 fan__ if we played the Tiger schedule this year we might have one loss but I doubt it. What you Tiger fans cannot understand because you never have experienced it, is having to go on the road and face 100,000 fans on a Saturday night. Any year you have to play Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, or any SEC team on the road you have a very hard time coming out with a win. You are used to cup cake road games in front of 15,000 on the average. All the bragging about beating LSU, and OSU were not done in Baton Rouge in front of 102,000 or Columbus with 95,000 hostile fans. Correct me if wrong, but Clemson has never played in front of 100,000 people.We beat your ACC second best team already this year as down as we are and don't expect a cakewalk when you play us.
We may never win the SEC or the national championship but we will always be the force to stop Clemson from sneaking into a playoff beating awful teams. How much better is the ACC bell cow (no pun intended) than UNC?
We sure will find out 11/28.
Last time I checked the people in the stands did not get to come on the field and play. Yes I know the crowd noise can effect play by making calls impossible to hear and any team will feed off their fans but do not think that the fans have more affect than the actual players.. that is a weak weak argument!

1 loss maybe 2, but doubt it... Clemson is better than any team we have played... Collectively, however, I think they lose at least one simply due the the grind of the SEC schedule. Just ask Alabama....

Do you all even think before you post? When you say "just ask Alabama" are you referring to their lone loss to Ole Miss this year? You do realize that the Ole Miss game was their first SEC game. They played Wisconsin and Middle Tennessee prior to that game.

And to the posters saying that Clemson would lose to UNC. Are you saying that you all are better then Clemson? I don't understand how anyone could think that. It's funny how at the beginning of the year, you all were saying that UNC would be an easy win because they are from the weak ACC. Now you all are counting it as a good win LOL. You do realize that they outgained you in yards and also outplayed you. If it wasn't for Williams throwing 3 picks in the redzone (2 of those were not caused by USC) then they would have won. Even with the turnovers, they still should have won. Fedora lost that game for them.

Reactions: champs8487
Why are so many of you Clemson fans now here all the time? Is this some of that class Clemson fans always brag about having, or are you just the fringe, bandwagon, trashy fans of Clemson? It's embarrassing that you have the number one team in the country and all you want to do is come on your rivals board. Where were all of you the prior few years?

This is a pointless discussion but it is a discussion none the less. I honestly think the SEC is not as good as advertised. I do not think any team in a power 5 conference is worried about playing any team from the SEC EAST. The best team is Florida and they cant seem to score points. The west has some good teams but only Alabama and LSU seem to be close to elite and LSU again cant seem to score points especially if you stop the run( which is a task). Yes I know the ACC is not striking much fear in the hearts of opponents but they are probably better than you think and Clemson could beat anybody on your schedule and will probably get a chance to see if they can beat Alabama ,that should be a good game.
I absolutely agree but no one fears anyone in the ACC except maybe Clemson but I still want to see them face someone with a defense and a decent offense. UNC is going to give the Tigers all they want in the ACC Champ. game. If they can get a few stops and breaks...they may surprise the country. they should have beat us and be 9-0. It is what it is.

and getting more publicity than ever before. Dabo is Dancing with the Stars, Deshaun is wrapping up the Heisman and the Taters are sure to become national champions.
Fact still remains that the only quality win this year came against a beat up ND team that was at home and with two weeks to prepare for. The difference this year is no Georgia to lose to and they finally beat FSU who are definitely down this year.
Surly they will be undefeated coming into our stadium and probably be heavy favorites. The difference between them and us is not what one would think at first glance.
First, the game must be played on our home turf which will make a huge difference in our team morale. While playing on the road at Columbia won't affect Clemson very much (at least in my mind) it makes the match up closer due to the effect on our team.
We would do quite well playing Clemson's schedule. If ND was coming to Columbia banged up without the starting QB in a rainstorm and we had two weeks to prepare for them after wins over Louisville, Wofford and App State, I'd like our chances.
We beat UNC who is proclaimed to be second best in the ACC. If they are, would we not be capable of defeating every team in the ACC Clemson has beaten?
My point is one should not proclaim any ACC team as best in the country and should think that all Clemson has to do to beat us is show up.
We could salvage a great part of our season by hanging a loss on the glorious Tigers. Believe in coach Elliott and our guys. We are getting better each week.
If we manage a win over Florida, then beat Citadel , although a good team this year, in reality should give us two weeks to prepare for Clemson, this game becomes very ,very close with breaks deciding the outcome.
To all who are already proclaiming the Tillmanites national champs , as ole Yogi said "it ain't over 'til its over".

Do you know what would be really cool? Suppose we beat Clemson. That means we would have defeated the two teams playing for the ACC Championship in a year where we finish 13th in the SEC. What would that say to the nation?

Reactions: BigTomE
th

Geez the SEC East is terrible this year, can't you give it a break. Tigers have taken care of their business this year unlike the Gamecocks this year or last year.
But yet Vanderbilt would beat 6 or 7 of the teams that Clemson has beaten this year. Reality bites my friend!

But yet Vanderbilt would beat 6 or 7 of the teams that Clemson has beaten this year. Reality bites my friend!

That is not reality....

Vandy per Sagarin Ratings is the 75th best team in the country.

FSU, ND, NC St, Louisville, GT, Miami, and App St are all ranked higher than that.

BC and Wofford are the only two that are ranked lower.

Do you know what would be really cool? Suppose we beat Clemson. That means we would have defeated the two teams playing for the ACC Championship in a year where we finish 13th in the SEC. What would that say to the nation?
Would be similar to 2009.
South Carolina beat Clempson; USC was 3-5 in the conference; 5th in the SEC East
Georgia beat Georgia Tech; Georgia was 4-4 in the conference; 2nd in the SEC East
Georgia Tech wins ACC by beating Clempson

That would be all good and well, but I think you know and the rest of the country knows that if you played UNC right now you would lose by 3-4 touchdowns...

9-0 with absolutely no injuries...lol

What I don't get is that so far this year, Clemson has a higher ranked SOS. So since Clemson is undefeated with their tougher schedule, what makes you all think they would have multiple losses with your schedule. The only way that would make sense is that if you think that the overall SOS ranking is BS.

If that is the case, then why did I come on here at the beginning of the year and see you all boasting about your strength of schedule as well as the SOS of your SEC brethren.

That would be all good and well, but I think you know and the rest of the country knows that if you played UNC right now you would lose by 3-4 touchdowns...
Can you prove that? Does that mean if Notre Dame and Louisville had another shot at Clemson that they'd beat them?

I like your optimistic attitude, but I see them mowing us down early and often. They are just that much better at almost every position except special teams. Just being honest.

and getting more publicity than ever before. Dabo is Dancing with the Stars, Deshaun is wrapping up the Heisman and the Taters are sure to become national champions.
Fact still remains that the only quality win this year came against a beat up ND team that was at home and with two weeks to prepare for. The difference this year is no Georgia to lose to and they finally beat FSU who are definitely down this year.
Surly they will be undefeated coming into our stadium and probably be heavy favorites. The difference between them and us is not what one would think at first glance.
First, the game must be played on our home turf which will make a huge difference in our team morale. While playing on the road at Columbia won't affect Clemson very much (at least in my mind) it makes the match up closer due to the effect on our team.
We would do quite well playing Clemson's schedule. If ND was coming to Columbia banged up without the starting QB in a rainstorm and we had two weeks to prepare for them after wins over Louisville, Wofford and App State, I'd like our chances.
We beat UNC who is proclaimed to be second best in the ACC. If they are, would we not be capable of defeating every team in the ACC Clemson has beaten?
My point is one should not proclaim any ACC team as best in the country and should think that all Clemson has to do to beat us is show up.
We could salvage a great part of our season by hanging a loss on the glorious Tigers. Believe in coach Elliott and our guys. We are getting better each week.
If we manage a win over Florida, then beat Citadel , although a good team this year, in reality should give us two weeks to prepare for Clemson, this game becomes very ,very close with breaks deciding the outcome.
To all who are already proclaiming the Tillmanites national champs , as ole Yogi said "it ain't over 'til its over".

For the last few days I've been reading these threads without having an account because at first it was genuinely entertaining. I'm just curious, do the majority of die hard SCarolina fans really believe the crap that this guy is belching out of his pie hole? To attempt to compare Clemson and South Carolina from a talent standpoint and to say that they have a chance at winning that football game is like pissing in the wind to me. If the tables were turned and you guys were as dominant as Clemson is right now, I would shut the hell up and walk away. 80% of the posts on this site are about Clemson lol. Someone help me with the logic here. To quote every sorority girl in America right now, 'I just can't even...'

I don't think the "nation" would care that we beat the two A-she-she division champs, but, the part about beating a #1 ranked tater team would be incredible. Would certainly be the buzz, and would reaffirm the term "clemsoning". In fact, that would represent the ultimate clemsoning!

Fingers crossed...

Can you prove that? Does that mean if Notre Dame and Louisville had another shot at Clemson that they'd beat them?

Of course I can't prove that, but I've watched UNC and Scar play quite a bit this year and the talent level between the two is visibly noticeable. Clemson and Notre Dame are very even. There's a reason they could still very easily get into the playoff. We played far and away our worst game against Louisville on the road and still came out on top. Do you think Scar is a better football team that UNC? Honestly. Maybe you haven't watched that tar heel team play other than once, but just seriously what do you think?

True, ND had key injuries, had to play in a monsoon and only a week to prepare for CU. Otherwise they would have won.

It is amazing that Clemson did not have to play in the same monsoon and has not had a single injury to its team this season. (Sarcasm for anyone that is bad at that sort of thing.)

Reactions: OzWizard
Look up the W/L records of the teams that nd has played so far.
(their usual pack of losers, except for Clemp's-son)

Of course I can't prove that, but I've watched UNC and Scar play quite a bit this year and the talent level between the two is visibly noticeable. Clemson and Notre Dame are very even. There's a reason they could still very easily get into the playoff. We played far and away our worst game against Louisville on the road and still came out on top. Do you think Scar is a better football team that UNC? Honestly. Maybe you haven't watched that tar heel team play other than once, but just seriously what do you think?
No one has any clue what kind of a team South Carolina is. Missouri made us look like fools earlier in the season... look at them now. Kentucky made us look like fools early in the season.... look at them now. We were supposed to get destroyed by Texas A&M, we didn't. We were supposed to get destroyed by Tennessee, we didn't. Georgia and LSU are the only teams that have really handed it to us and we hung in with LSU for the first half until our defense gave out. South Carolina has been away 4 of their 5 last games. (@Missouri, @LSU, @Texas A&M, @Tennessee) The last 3 away games were in the top 6 largest college football stadiums in the country. (I'm counting LSU despite the low turnout for the pure fact that it was supposed to be a home game)

Keep telling yourself about this Gamecock team. It might be the team that actually prevents Clempson getting into the CFP despite winning the ACC.

With the right coach, we'll be back to double digit wins in no time. No one is going to play for a coach they knew was a short timer, and it was even shorter than they imagined I'm sure. Not only were coaches dogging SOS, I'm sure the kids parents were too. Oh well, we need a tireless recruiter, and if we lose a kid to Clemmons or UGA in the future, Dabo and whoever is the HC at UGA better look like they ran a damn marathon because of how hard they to work to get him. It's so easy for him right now instate, it's just sad

Look up the W/L records of the teams that nd has played so far.
(their usual pack of losers, except for Clemp's-son)

Uh, Notre dame has played 2 teams currently ranked (Clemson and Temple) and the team receiving the most votes not in the top 25 (So Cal.) They are 2-1 in those games. They also finish the season against Stanford who is currently #7.

Florida (I assume you really are a gator fan based on your name) has played 1 team that is currently ranked (LSU) and lost. Florida will finish the year against a (probably) ranked FSU team and a highly ranked team in the SEC championship.

If ND plays "their usual pack of losers" then what does Florida play?

I'm just looking at this from a talent perspective. I've been fortunate enough to see these teams play a lot this season. Correct me if I'm wrong because I very well could be, but other than Cooper does South Carolina have any legitimate NFL talent in their starting 22? I won't get into how loaded Clemson is with it, but North Carolina has 4-5 guys in their starting 22 that could have great NFL careers. Upsets can obviously happen, and I'm not saying Scar can't surprise someone because a player like Cooper can make some crazy plays, but overall if you just look at the talent difference between these teams it's laughable.
Please look at Clempson's own 'talent history' before you want to shoot yourself in the foot. Clempson has had plenty of talent since 2009. The team that wins is the team with the better game strategy and actually plays LIKE a team. 2009 is a perfect example. Yeah, Clempson had MUCH better talent that South Carolina that year. Look what happen. Talented players doesn't always mean wins against a determined and stubborn team. Look at what happen with Arkansas/Ole Miss this weekend. South Carolina has been put through a meat grinder this year. Any team that wants to take them for granite... go right ahead.

That attitude you have right there sounds like Georgia fans ~2010 Maybe 5 more years and you will finally see the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT