ADVERTISEMENT

Colonial Pipeline restarting.

I just drove by the panic a few minutes ago. I ain't doin' it.
Same here. Passed by a few gas stations on the way home, lines long as ever and it’s not looking any better. Felt like I won the lottery today getting gas this morning and not having to wait in any lines. The trucks can deliver all they want but they will just keep buying it up.

Reactions: rogue cock
images

Same here. Passed by a few gas stations on the way home, lines long as ever and it’s not looking any better. Felt like I won the lottery today getting gas this morning and not having to wait in any lines. The trucks can deliver all they want but they will just keep buying it up.
News that the pipeline has restarted will quell the hysteria somewhat.

Saw last night that inflation is already high as it's been since 2008...gas is a big part of that. Maybe prices will come down a little after the pipeline is fixed. Maybe not.

Reactions: myrtlecock
You wait till inflation hits on Biden’s watch.
Actually, inflation, as it pertains to lumber prices, began accelerating under Trump's watch last spring. But, I agree that it's Biden's responsibility now since he is President. It's similar to covid cases and deaths. The cases and deaths began, and most took place, under Trump's watch. But Biden is now President and so has responsibility for the government's response now. Inflation goes in cycles, in roughly 40-year cycles. We are now in the 40-year inflationary cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
Your deflection is noted but not internalized.
It’s not deflection. The pipeline was for Canadian oil. I get that it has somehow been pitched as a driver for US energy independence but you can’t be independent while depending on another country to supply the product.

It also wasn’t moving because there are tons of lawsuits over it. I get that most stations focused on the federal lands but there are also a number of individual and group lawsuits fighting it because private citizens had their land taken from them for the project. Who knew that some farmers wouldn’t want their land stripped away from them for an oil pipe?

It’s not deflection. The pipeline was for Canadian oil. I get that it has somehow been pitched as a driver for US energy independence but you can’t be independent while depending on another country to supply the product.

It also wasn’t moving because there are tons of lawsuits over it. I get that most stations focused on the federal lands but there are also a number of individual and group lawsuits fighting it because private citizens had their land taken from them for the project. Who knew that some farmers wouldn’t want their land stripped away from them for an oil pipe?
The pipeline, if not interdicted, would have become a reality and would have been beneficial. Projects like this, even major highway projects, or new heavy industry, are always problematic. But most of them get done. And many that don't get done where originally envisioned get done anyway, but someplace else.

The pipeline, if not interdicted, would have become a reality and would have been beneficial. Projects like this, even major highway projects, or new heavy industry, are always problematic. But most of them get done. And many that don't get done where originally envisioned get done anyway, but someplace else.
the thing was an overall mess it had something like 40 spills in the first year alone. Its real easy to complain about it coming on your land when there is a pretty good chance it will ruin your land

the thing was an overall mess it had something like 40 spills in the first year alone. Its real easy to complain about it coming on your land when there is a pretty good chance it will ruin your land
Do you have reports on the spills?

What pipeline are you talking about with 40 spills?

All pipelines or tanks in the ground have to be monitored for any leaks, no matter how small.

Reactions: Dizzy01

Sorry it was 35
Strange it went through over a year eviromental study with a full go ahead. One was by the Army Corp of Engineers. You do realize tanker trucks are required if there is no pipeline. Which do you think is safest? How million miles of gas pipeline do you think are in the ground now?

Strange it went through over a year eviromental study with a full go ahead. One was by the Army Corp of Engineers. You do realize tanker trucks are required if there is no pipeline. Which do you think is safest? How million miles of gas pipeline do you think are in the ground now?
well considering one spill of a full load of a tanker truck is about 9000 gallons and there was up to around 400,000 gallons in one pipeline spill - and that it can happen in a middle of an aquifer or other system of water and not the side of the road, I would imagine the trucks are probably safer

Do you have reports how many trucks have spilled oil in the same period?

Actually, inflation, as it pertains to lumber prices, began accelerating under Trump's watch last spring. But, I agree that it's Biden's responsibility now since he is President. It's similar to covid cases and deaths. The cases and deaths began, and most took place, under Trump's watch. But Biden is now President and so has responsibility for the government's response now. Inflation goes in cycles, in roughly 40-year cycles. We are now in the 40-year inflationary cycle.
Just like Biden gives Trump no credit on the vaccine. Our country would be better off if Biden had not done anything since taking office.

Wrong. It's not lumber and it's not some 40 year cycle. Huge amount of government spending created this, way more than was needed. The last bill should have never been passes and the absurdly high unemployment benefits should have been very short term and scaled way back or eliminated by now.

Blame Democrats. As usual, they go way too far with everything to pander and buy votes. They tried to turn COVID relief into a slush fund for everything they wanted, most of which had nothing to do with COVID, and this is the result.

Reactions: pisgah
Being reported Colinial paid $5Million to the hackers to turn the gas back on! 🤦‍♂️

Wrong. It's not lumber and it's not some 40 year cycle. Huge amount of government spending created this, way more than was needed. The last bill should have never been passes and the absurdly high unemployment benefits should have been very short term and scaled way back or eliminated by now.

Blame Democrats. As usual, they go way too far with everything to pander and buy votes. They tried to turn COVID relief into a slush fund for everything they wanted, most of which had nothing to do with COVID, and this is the result.
So you blame Democrats for the spending bills and increased unemployment benefits that were started by a Republican president? Seems fair and balanced.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT