ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado state QB is coming to USC

the one thing about this nobody is mentioning is the fact that champ has one year to win!!!! he won't get another bad year!! he has to win now!! and he knows this... that's why this kid is coming... he has no choice....

Reactions: Brace1
the one thing about this nobody is mentioning is the fact that champ has one year to win!!!! he won't get another bad year!! he has to win now!! and he knows this... that's why this kid is coming... he has no choice....
Really....they are bringing in a kid who, more than likely, will be unable to participate in Spring practice due to recover from his 3rd ACL injury...to lead this team? That's what you really believe? Geesh! That's smart.

He will help the other two QBs learn the offense quicker and will be good in intermittent play or in case of an injury, period.

Reactions: GeoCocky
Really....they are bringing in a kid who, more than likely, will be unable to participate in Spring practice due to recover from his 3rd ACL injury...to lead this team? That's what you really believe? Geesh! That's smart.

He will help the other two QBs learn the offense quicker and will be good in intermittent play or in case of an injury, period.
thanks coach!!!

I think Tanner is wedded to Muschamp and he's here as long as Tanner. He's said it's for the long haul. Tanner said we would eventually be happy. That all sounds like a long time to me.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Bingo...and I'd expect to see him as a GA the following year. This is a great opportunity to him and Hilinski and Doty...Hill knows the offense better than anyone and can help both our other QBs and can provide quality minutes in relief or if there is an injury, has the knowledge and ability to step in. Win, win...for everyone.

Very well put. Hill's still rehabbing after his 3rd ACL tear. He's probably pretty realistic enough to realize very few college QB's get a shot at a NFL roster, the odds of doing so after 3 knee surgeries are even slimmer.

I think he's coming to help impart his knowledge, compete, and maybe get playing time. And I can see him staying as a GA with Bobo.

I think most people are overlooking the obvious. Hill was an instate player that only had 7 offers. He didn't receive an offer from ANY instate school, despite setting records at Dorman. Bobo saw something in him, and convinced him to move to Colorado. Bobo was right, kid wound up as Team Captain and had great stats. Sounds like Hill has great leadership skills.

If he can develop an unheralded 3* like that, I'm interested to see what he can do with (on paper) more talented QB prospects.

If you all stop moaning and being concerned with clemmy, I told you all Dec 19th he would be here as a grad transfer, he is here to provide depth and help install the offense with RH3 and Doty. I highly doubt he wins the starting job unless he just some how comes in and lights it up. Depth is never a bad thing.

Reactions: rogue cock
Actually based on our fan base perspective the better QB never starts. It’s always the guy on the bench or the next guy coming in.
Probably because the bench guy hasn’t been coached down as much by or failure coaches

Overall Ryan was very inconsistent. I like the kid but I see a ton of room for improvement. To me the qb race is wide open. I'm not sure how anyone can already pencil him in as the starter next year when he led one of the worst offenses in the country to 4 wins. How do you know at all that he's going to take off under Bobo? That's wishful thinking at best.

He may NOT be successful under Bobo, but I think he improves.

Look at Hill. Unheralded 3* (at best). Didn't receive a single offer from ANY instate schools. Bobo saw something in him, took him from Dorman to Colorado, and had the guy popping up some impressive stats.

Ryan has been putting in the time watching film seeing his mistakes. Bobo sees some fundamentals he needs to improve. Everything will depend on the OL improving, but I'm optimistic Ryan looks a lot better next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT