ADVERTISEMENT

Comment jay Phillips made yesterday

budman1976

May 10, 2005
Chapin, SC
He didn't go into detail but he said someone at costal carolina with an account tied to the school tweeted out a shot at the Carolina football program. Did anyone see the tweet he was referring and the sender or what all it said. It was enough for him to take a small shot back at coastal.

We’ve played them twice since the last time they played Clemson. Think that’s the only time they’ve ever played Clemson was in 2009.

They did not play football until 2007. They have come a long way in a short amount of time. Their football program is better managed than USC's. They have football people making the football decisions.

I am glad we did not play them last season. They are on our schedule again in 2025. I hope we are a lot better in 2025 than we are now. It all depends on Coach Beamer being a good hire.

They did not play football until 2007. They have come a long way in a short amount of time. Their football program is better managed than USC's. They have football people making the football decisions.

I am glad we did not play them last season. They are on our schedule again in 2025. I hope we are a lot better in 2025 than we are now. It all depends on Coach Beamer being a good hire.
Seems like the programs furthest away from the state house have the most success. Could be coincidence, could be a valid reason behind it. Something I’ve noticed though.

He didn't go into detail but he said someone at costal carolina with an account tied to the school tweeted out a shot at the Carolina football program. Did anyone see the tweet he was referring and the sender or what all it said. It was enough for him to take a small shot back at coastal.
Did Jay say something like this? I,I, I get it....they, they, they are having a good run right now. Now, now don't get me wrong......the stuttering and stammering and nine tangent questions he asks his guests are nauseating

This account has to be run by a 16 year old. Their recent limited success has them claiming they run the state. I don't know why Carolina fans pull for them or any other school. The favor is not returned. I guess they have quickly forgotten the total beatdown in Columbia a few years ago. Their QB will move on soon as well as Chadwell and they will go back to being a nobody again.

Last edited:
Jay loves to throw out something like that and then say he will talk about it after the break. Then he never does.

Coastal isn’t even worth discussing. They are having a nice little run. But their fans acting like they are some big time program is annoying. And I agree, it’s annoying to see Gamecock fans on here slobbering all over their program too. I remember when USF was ranked #2 10 years ago and their fans came out of nowhere. Now their fans don’t even realize they play football.

Coastal can’t even fill up that stadium as a phony top 25 team. They’d love for us to engage in a battle with them. They aren’t worth it.

Coastal isn’t even worth discussing. They are having a nice little run. But their fans acting like they are some big time program is annoying. And I agree, it’s annoying to see Gamecock fans on here slobbering all over their program too. I remember when USF was ranked #2 10 years ago and their fans came out of nowhere. Now their fans don’t even realize they play football.

Coastal can’t even fill up that stadium as a phony top 25 team. They’d love for us to engage in a battle with them. They aren’t worth it.
^^^ We have a winner^^^^

And the tallest midget award goes to Coastal. Congrats.

A lot of Carolina fans actually graduated from Coastal.
Hail, I know a couple of those firsthand!! Also know a couple Architects that are Carolina fans but graduated from Clem, as-well-as several Clem fans that graduated from Carolina. Hail, come to think of it, I know several Winthrop grads that are Carolina fans, several of the same grads that are Clem fans!! And the very same can be said of The College of Chucktown!!

I did notice there were a whole lot of open seats in their game against Kansas State

Oh ill never forget not being able to get tickets to the Super Regional because of the way they underhandedly sold tickets to ensure their fan base was able to get tickets first. The way that Super ended was fitting...but for that reason alone to hell with coastal.
I can’t believe people still bring this up. Lol. It was only 11 years ago
The stadium was still about half garnet even though CCU was the host. They only sold tickets in person. I went and got in line like the rest of the Coastal fans

I can’t believe people still bring this up. Lol. It was only 11 years ago
The stadium was still about half garnet even though CCU was the host. They only sold tickets in person. I went and got in line like the rest of the Coastal fans
That was fine and dandy. If you were in Horry County.

Coastal plays at a different level. They would have had about the same record as SC, playing the same schedule last year. I like them and I pull for them, but they would have trouble with 12 out of 14 SEC teams. They need to play Auburn, Florida and Georgia andm then add in a Missouri and Kentucky and see how well they do. They would have a losing record too.

That was fine and dandy. If you were in Horry County.
Not disagreeing with your point, I get that it’s improbable for most fans to be able to drive from another part of the state to stand in line somewhere, I just never felt like we SC fans were really shafted. It was still a public sale. Do other teams distribute tickets more “fairly” when they host regionals? I’m pretty sure ECU sold out all their books to their booster club members when we played there in 2018. I had to buy tickets second hand for that regional.

I’m just legitimately curious because the topic comes up more often than I would think.

Not disagreeing with your point, I get that it’s improbable for most fans to be able to drive from another part of the state to stand in line somewhere, I just never felt like we SC fans were really shafted. It was still a public sale. Do other teams distribute tickets more “fairly” when they host regionals? I’m pretty sure ECU sold out all their books to their booster club members when we played there in 2018. I had to buy tickets second hand for that regional.

I’m just legitimately curious because the topic comes up more often than I would think.
Most allow online/phone sales, after giving booster club members first refusal. You don't have to physically stand in line as your only chance to get tickets. CCU did that to deliberately keep as many of us out of the ballpark as possible. It goes back to the animosity that exists between the two programs.

Coastal plays at a different level. They would have had about the same record as SC, playing the same schedule last year. I like them and I pull for them, but they would have trouble with 12 out of 14 SEC teams. They need to play Auburn, Florida and Georgia andm then add in a Missouri and Kentucky and see how well they do. They would have a losing record too.
Lots of fans of mediocre P5 schools do not want to accept the fact that the very best G5 teams are better, but they are. Coastal's quarterback is better than any quarterback that has played here in several years. We just barely beat a mediocre G5 team last week. Coastal didn't have much trouble beating App State in 2020. In 2019 App State came to our house and beat us. Last season Coastal beat the team with the 2nd best quarterback in college football, Brigham Young. BYU finished 11-1 last year. Cincinnati came very close to beating Georgia in a New Years bowl game. Georgia beat us like a ragdoll last year. Put your thoughts about the best G5 teams not being able to compete aside, and watch Coastal or Cincinnati play. Then watch us play East Carolina. Believe what your eyes are seeing without letting your USC biased fan opinions deceive you. The Coastal Carolina football program is better managed than South Carolina's is. They have men with football minds making football decisions. Unfortunately, we are not doing that here.

The Coastal Carolina football program is better managed than South Carolina's is. They have men with football minds making football decisions. Unfortunately, we are not doing that here.
Well their AD is a University of South Carolina Graduate, maybe we should hire one of those as well that has experience instead of a NC State grad :) to be our AD.

Last edited:
Well their AD is a University of South Carolina Graduate, maybe we should hire one of those as well instead of a NC State grad :) to be our AD.
Coastal's former coach Joe Moglia, is executive director of football operations, and reports to university president, not the AD. South Carolina has a baseball man running the football program.

Reactions: Tmac069
2 words - King Dixon.

Ok, I see what you did there :)

I changed my statement to be hiring a South Carolina Grad with experience, since Mr. Dixon did not have much experience in the field besides being Director on the Laurens YMCA, before we hired him.

My point was more the guy at Coastal has done a pretty good job and slapping Tanner a little bit while I was at it vs arguing about the merits of King Dixon who was a great man and Gamecock player and veteran but was an awful AD.

I don't know the ins and outs of how Coastal operates, I know their AD Matt Hogue won a Athletic Director of the Year Award last year, so I figured he did a good job

Last edited:
I hope we play Coastal in a bowl game this season. If we somehow qualify for a bowl it will be on the level of bowl Coastal will go to.

Reactions: redrogers
Lots of fans of mediocre P5 schools do not want to accept the fact that the very best G5 teams are better, but they are. Coastal's quarterback is better than any quarterback that has played here in several years. We just barely beat a mediocre G5 team last week. Coastal didn't have much trouble beating App State in 2020. In 2019 App State came to our house and beat us. Last season Coastal beat the team with the 2nd best quarterback in college football, Brigham Young. BYU finished 11-1 last year. Cincinnati came very close to beating Georgia in a New Years bowl game. Georgia beat us like a ragdoll last year. Put your thoughts about the best G5 teams not being able to compete aside, and watch Coastal or Cincinnati play. Then watch us play East Carolina. Believe what your eyes are seeing without letting your USC biased fan opinions deceive you. The Coastal Carolina football program is better managed than South Carolina's is. They have men with football minds making football decisions. Unfortunately, we are not doing that here.

their rating is based on last years finish. Do you really think they are better than Kentucky, Mizzou, Arkansas, Florida, Auburn, or Georgia? Sure, they would stack up nicely against us, Tenn, and Vandy. There are ten teams in the SEC better than Coastal. When P5 teams play them they usually do not take the game seriously. Players almost think it’s a relaxed weekend. All these Coastal level teams take advantage of that. I am hoping for the 12 team playoff so those teams can see what it’s like to play good teams almost every week, when the games really matter. Coastal’s big win over BYU was a great game and a good win; BYU played them at their place and and we’re pretty evenly matched.
Georgia was missing half their team when they played Cincinnati in the Bowl game. But, I think Cincinnati is a very good team and will make a good Big12 member. I just don’t agree with your assessment and I think you might see that this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: redrogers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT