ADVERTISEMENT

Covers better than the original

“Ain’t No Sunshine When She’s Gone”- Ziggy Marley’s version is best if those I have heard and it is not close.

This is probably the best. To me, Cash owns that song.
“I wasn’t prepared for what I saw, and it really then, wasn’t my song anymore.” There was no warning that Cash would be covering “Hurt.” Reznor said,

“Then I got a CD in the post. I listened to it and it was very strange. It was this other person inhabiting my most personal song. Hearing it was like someone kissing your girlfriend. It felt invasive.”

Reznor respectfully added in an NME interview that the cover meant more to him than winning something like a Grammy. The cover and video were recorded and filmed shortly before Cash’s death. Popular opinion across almost every genre of music is that “Hurt” by Cash, is the best cover of all time

I'm surprised no one said Santana's version of Fleetwood Mac's Black Magic Woman. Or maybe everyone realizes that Fleetwood Mac's original version is better.

giphy.gif
My Prerogative—Britney Spears
My Prerogative—Britney Spears

Judson I usually agree with you on most things. Not this. S & G version is classic. Perfect harmonies throughout it.
Ha ha no problem. I just feel like the cover artists voice matches the words to the song better.
I also like “While my guitar gently weeps” by the Jeff Healey band.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT