ADVERTISEMENT

Covers better than the original

You Really Got Me - Denmark + Winter
Is it better than the original ? Good question, as the band claims they don't do covers, they call it a "Re:imagined" of the original.

Man, there’s some people with atrocious tastes in music on this board. Disturbed > Simon and Garfunkel?? Tantric > Fleetwood Mac??? Darius Rucker > Old Crow? Alrighty.

a legit one is “Lovestruck Blues” by Hank Sr. All he did was rearrange it and add a little pep and it became a much better song, though the original was pretty good too.

mine I’m torn on is “Crimson and Clover”. I love the Tommy James and the Shondells original, but I also love the Joan Jett cover.

Along those lines, Crimson & Clover, Joan Jett.
Granted a pretty decent cover, but I'm partial to the original.
Note: The version that was released as the single. The long version with the extended musical bridge went one just a bit too long.

Cats in the cradle/ugly kid joe.....stone cold crazy/ mettallica(incredible cover,once heard a dj say they”pistol whip that song” lol,appropriate!

Coldplay's Amstrerdam covered by Shannon Dea

Traffic's Mr. Fantasy covered by Big Sugar

AC/DC's It's a Long Way to the Top if You Wanna Rock n Roll covered by School of Rock. Just Kidding

Last edited:
Probably already in here somewhere,
Buy the ruler over all covers is:
"Hurt" by Johnny Cash.
Literally on death's door, the man puts so much genuine feeling and emotion in his vocal that it's like looking into his soul.
Trent Rezner was once asked what he thought of Cash's cover of his song, and he said "That's Johnny's song now, not mine".

Oh, and another one that's better than the original is The Delta Variant😝

With out a doubt.......Ann Wilson's version of Youngblood's classic Get Together
Listening to this version for first time right now, not bad. In my opinion Buffalo Springfield, For What its Worth, and Young Bloods, Get Together are the two best pop songs of that era. For What Its Worth seemed as appropriate last summer as it did during the turbulent 60's.

Cyndi Lauper's female anthem "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" (released in 1983) is actually a cover of a song written and released by, yes, a dude (Robert Hazard, 1979).

iu

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
Love Atlantic City by Bruce also the Band.
Lots of Dylan covers are better but he has tons of great ones himself. Try "If Not For You" by George Harrison or Olivia Newton-John, "It Ain`t Me Babe," by the Turtles, "Mr. Tambourine Man" by the Byrds, many more.
Rolling Stones - "It`s All Over Now," "Around and Around," "Carol," "Love in Vain," other old ones. "Just My Imagination" is good, also the original.
No covers of Simon and Garfunkel or Beatles are better. Love the Joe Cocker ones - so good!
Rod Stewart - "Twistin` the Night Away," though original is good also. Like Rod`s "Memphis" also. He does a great version of "Street Fighting Man" also.

Reactions: rogue cock
Joan Jett's cover of Tommy James and the Shondells "Crimson and Clover."

Also, the rock anthem "I Love Rock and Roll" but that is a less well-known cover of an Arrows song.

Last edited:
Sound of Silence: Disturbed.

Can I post twice? I have been to Chicago 😂

Often imitated, never duplicated.
If you close yer eyes & listen very carefully it still echos in Preston.

“In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida”……..second most sung song to “happy birthday to you”. 😂
“Crossroads”…….selling yer soul.
“Hoochie Coochie Man”…….every mans wish.
“Whammer Jammer”….getting down on yer knees.

Reactions: rogue cock
Can I post twice? I have been to Chicago 😂

Often imitated, never duplicated.
If you close yer eyes & listen very carefully it still echos in Preston.

“In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida”……..second most sung song to “happy birthday to you”. 😂
“Crossroads”…….selling yer soul.
“Hoochie Coochie Man”…….every mans wish.
“Whammer Jammer”….getting down on yer knees.
Which version of "In A Gadda Da Vida"? I have the old Iron Butterfly album with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT