ADVERTISEMENT

Crap!!! We lost to Illinois State???

Don't get worked up over it. We have some posters who seem to believe it's perfectly acceptable since this opponent owns a few wins over Wichita St. I myself was disappointed but I guess I didn't have any right to be. Maybe I can be allowed some disappointment over our next loss.

Reactions: Gradstudent
Don't get worked up over it. We have some posters who seem to believe it's perfectly acceptable since this opponent owns a few wins over Wichita St. I myself was disappointed but I guess I didn't have any right to be. Maybe I can be allowed some disappointment over our next loss.

I'll be pissed if we lose to Clemson...

My thoughts have been that with what we lost from last years team, it would be a fantastic season if we could be a bubble team and possibly sneak back in the tournament. We've played three games....looked good in two and terrible in one. It's a long season. Hopefully we bounce back with a couple more wins down there.

My thoughts have been that with what we lost from last years team, it would be a fantastic season if we could be a bubble team and possibly sneak back in the tournament. We've played three games....looked good in two and terrible in one. It's a long season. Hopefully we bounce back with a couple more wins down there.

Playing in Conway is almost like a home game...

You don't lose those kind of games...

Reactions: king ward
Sounds like you are really looking forward to that. A reason to keep pressing on I guess.

Sounds like you are really looking forward to that. A reason to keep pressing on I guess.
I like to steel myself against the unpleasant realities of life. In this instance, I have to work fast in getting ready because I won't have long to wait.

Man it would be a sad world if what I looked forward to was the next loss by the team I say I root for so I could go on a message board and complain about them.

Reactions: DC-99 and wentzel25
Playing in Conway is almost like a home game...

You don't lose those kind of games...
Sounded like we didn't have anyone who could drive to the bucket and blow up the zone. Instead we just tried to shoot over it. We haven't had a team that could shoot their way to a win in a long time.

It's certainly ok to be disappointed but to claim the sky is falling (not referring to your post) is a little bit out there. One poster stated the season is over. Give me a break. Same thing was said down the stretch last year.

Reactions: DC-99
This isn't football... Illinois St. isn't a cupcake... pretty sure they won more games last year than we did.

Good to get a loss out of the way instead of having that thing hang over our heads for the first half of the season. Now, let's not have any more until the SEC portion of the schedule where a couple are inevitable.

Reactions: E-Cut_22
Seems like we went 3-3 during Thornwell's suspension last season. If that happens again, I hope some of our fans stay away from high ledges.

Seems like we went 3-3 during Thornwell's suspension last season. If that happens again, I hope some of our fans stay away from high ledges.
I forgot about that. I was thinking of two seasons ago where we were undefeated until a few games into SEC play then kind of collapsed.

That is some great up to date information OP. Do you have an update on which way the Golic kid out of Ohio is leaning?

whats-taters.jpg

Not sure what some folks were expecting. Thornwell, Notice, and Dozier were the vast majority of the offense. They are all gone. Felder didn't help things with his antics. And there aren't any superstar freshman walking in the door to pick up the slack. Last years team was good, and then got hot at the perfect time. Don't know why anyone expected this year to be anything but a struggle

Not sure what some folks were expecting. Thornwell, Notice, and Dozier were the vast majority of the offense. They are all gone. Felder didn't help things with his antics. And there aren't any superstar freshman walking in the door to pick up the slack. Last years team was good, and then got hot at the perfect time. Don't know why anyone expected this year to be anything but a struggle
Based on the first four games it actually doesn't look like this year will be a struggle. The team looks to have good depth, passes the ball well and plays good defense. Thinking we might exceed that 11th place finish we were picked for in the SEC

Felder could be here right now, or at least soon. Some of the struggle could be obviated.

Reactions: E-Cut_22
Sounded like we didn't have anyone who could drive to the bucket and blow up the zone. Instead we just tried to shoot over it. We haven't had a team that could shoot their way to a win in a long time.
Conway was not like a home game. It cost $38 to watch the Gamecocks play vs. $15 in CLA. There were few fans willing to pay that much even to see the Gamecocks play.

I have to admit that I have no knowledge what so ever of the talent level of Ill. St.

I read on some other message boards and found out Illinois State is a world beater. TIFWIW

Illinois st is no joke guys. Their are about 350 teams in NCAA D1 and i'd bet dollars to donuts the minors finish the season in the top 250. They are better than 100 teams.. Dont dismiss Illinois st so easily and they have atleast 1 player that could possibly play in the European league.

Reactions: pepsicock
I remember one of my USC business school professors telling us former athletes are usually good at sales because they are resilient. That they handle rejection from potential customers well, because they’ve experienced losing and they know there’s another chance.

Something tells me the young men who play for FM are learning when they win and when they lose. My barometer for whether the team is being well coached us how they progress. So far, under FM’s tenure, I’ve seen teams improve during each season. We may not have as good a season as we had last year. I do expect this team to be better in March than they are in Nov, Dec.

Go Gamecocks!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT