ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo finally dips into the portal

f that b Dabo.
I recognize and accept how well they did recruiting the last 7-8 years. Although I'm convinced there were multiple nefarious and outright (at the time) illegal paths that were helping their recruiting.....one thing it is obvious he did was often recruit high character guys who also could play. I think they mixed in the scandalous where they could or needed to as well.
With that said.....I thought it was obvious this year that some of the stupid areas of recruiting he allowed showed it's ugly head. All the coaching sons and friends of Dabo, etc that are on the roster. I think Nolan Turner is a legitimate d1 player....but how often can one family legitimately have 2 brothers good enough to play on a top 10 program. I know there have been plenty of examples...point is it's rare and hopefully he has missed on another one (Turner's brother that is a recent signee). Yes...I know they smoked us. We were not good....and I never was delusional enough to think we could wins this year's game...even thought Clemson looked like a shell of their last 5-6 years teams the last half of the season. A couple of injuries here or there...and he's going to be relying on 22 to catch a crucial 3rd and 9 against a team with a pulse....and 22 ain't no Hunter Renfrow.

Reactions: cockgun
f that b Dabo.
I recognize and accept how well they did recruiting the last 7-8 years. Although I'm convinced there were multiple nefarious and outright (at the time) illegal paths that were helping their recruiting.....one thing it is obvious he did was often recruit high character guys who also could play. I think they mixed in the scandalous where they could or needed to as well.
With that said.....I thought it was obvious this year that some of the stupid areas of recruiting he allowed showed it's ugly head. All the coaching sons and friends of Dabo, etc that are on the roster. I think Nolan Turner is a legitimate d1 player....but how often can one family legitimately have 2 brothers good enough to play on a top 10 program. I know there have been plenty of examples...point is it's rare and hopefully he has missed on another one (Turner's brother that is a recent signee). Yes...I know they smoked us. We were not good....and I never was delusional enough to think we could wins this year's game...even thought Clemson looked like a shell of their last 5-6 years teams the last half of the season. A couple of injuries here or there...and he's going to be relying on 22 to catch a crucial 3rd and 9 against a team with a pulse....and 22 ain't no Hunter Renfrow.
Mentioning what was illegal at the time, what do you think the chances are that we start seeing commercial spots for New Spring with Clemson players?

Why do so many people on here concern themselves with what dabo does?
Real question is why do you often feel so compelled to defend taters or speak of them so often while on a gamecock board and assuming you act like you are here because you are a fan of our team
Other posters stated reason taters or Dabo were mentioned which is true with many schools bringing up their rival

Dabo needs a backup QB, and Johnson will fill that bill for them. Clemson got caught without an effective backup this year. The kid they have coming in from Texas will probably beat out DJ, who was a massive disappointment. At that point DJ will transfer and they need a backup. Johnson familiar with their offense and the dreams of stardom have vanished since he couldn't even start at Northwestern. Will be happy to be a backup and hold for kicks

Reactions: DeBoer31
Real question is why do you often feel so compelled to defend taters or speak of them so often while on a gamecock board and assuming you act like you are here because you are a fan of our team
Other posters stated reason taters or Dabo were mentioned which is true with many schools bringing up their rival
Not to mention, the post was obviously just a humorous note that Dabo’s first portal addition is a former Clemson player. I think this may be the first player in the portal to transfer back to their original program. Could be wrong on that.

Reactions: carolinamyke
Not to mention, the post was obviously just a humorous note that Dabo’s first portal addition is a former Clemson player. I think this may be the first player in the portal to transfer back to their original program. Could be wrong on that.
Some folks missed the humor - ole Dabo is as stubborn as a mule about not using the transfer portal. So to get the orange stained folks off his back, he takes a rag armed QB that USED to drink the kool-aid. Really just giving the hillbillies who want players from the TP the middle finger and they don’t even realize it.

Dabo is going to bring about the end of Dabo!

I’ll just sit back and watch.

Reactions: chief2791
Some folks missed the humor - ole Dabo is as stubborn as a mule about not using the transfer portal. So to get the orange stained folks off his back, he takes a rag armed QB that USED to drink the kool-aid. Really just giving the hillbillies who want players from the TP the middle finger and they don’t even realize it.

Dabo is going to bring about the end of Dabo!

I’ll just sit back and watch.
This actually couldn’t be further from the truth. They have actively recruited several portal players but one at least stayed home instead of transferring. It’s also harder to get players to transfer there instead of here. Why you ask? Because of the current talent level. Players are transferring to play not to ride the pine IN MOST cases. Most of the transfer players would not be able to beat out the current roster. Their are a few exceptions and Clemson have chased players from the portal in those positions. They just didn’t get them.

This actually couldn’t be further from the truth. They have actively recruited several portal players but one at least stayed home instead of transferring. It’s also harder to get players to transfer there instead of here. Why you ask? Because of the current talent level. Players are transferring to play not to ride the pine IN MOST cases. Most of the transfer players would not be able to beat out the current roster. Their are a few exceptions and Clemson have chased players from the portal in those positions. They just didn’t get them.
It’s interesting that your first post above questions why people are so concerned with what Dabo does. Yet in this post you seem to have some detailed knowledge of their portal recruiting efforts.

It’s interesting that your first post above questions why people are so concerned with what Dabo does. Yet in this post you seem to have some detailed knowledge of their portal recruiting efforts.
That’s becuse I follow both for a reason. Mainly because a portion of my income goes to both schools. I hold season tickets and parking places at both schools. I graduated from Clemson my wife graduated from USC and we are both avid football fans. I follow both very closely. Wife and I even have a standing wager that the winning school of the USC/Clemson game gets an additional donation. That winner also decides which one of us holds the veto of where we go on any given Saturday.

I Just find it humorous that those on here that loath Clemson follow them so closely. Also dabo is talked about more than Beamer on here. It was just an observation.

the irony in this is humorous to say the least.
No irony at all. I have a legit reason to follow both closely. I just find it funny that every time they get a recruit or something positive or negatively happens, a thread pops up here.

No irony at all. I have a legit reason to follow both closely. I just find it funny that every time they get a recruit or something positive or negatively happens, a thread pops up here.
so, others here can’t have a legit reason to follow them? They are our main rival. Our fan bases cover the same soil.

Your statements sound like you are the only person eligible to comment on both schools.

It’s fairly evident they care about us, seeing as many of them are on here, including, possibly you.

I Just find it humorous that those on here that loath Clemson follow them so closely. Also dabo is talked about more than Beamer on here. It was just an observation.
It's the same reason the USA "followed" the Soviets so closely during the cold war. That's what you do when you hate your rival.

When we say we have two favorite teams; South Carolina and Whoever is Playing Clemson, that is not an exaggeration.

Additionally, wasn't Dabo always consistent that he didn't want anything to do with players that weren't "all in?" Whether it was a commitment who decommitted or a player who transferred out, I thought Dabo cut ties with them. Wasn't that the theory behind him not letting Kelly Bryant have a championship ring one year? Apparently, Dabo is re-examining a number of his long-held beliefs.

Additionally, wasn't Dabo always consistent that he didn't want anything to do with players that weren't "all in?" Whether it was a commitment who decommitted or a player who transferred out, I thought Dabo cut ties with them. Wasn't that the theory behind him not letting Kelly Bryant have a championship ring one year? Apparently, Dabo is re-examining a number of his long-held beliefs.
Dabo lucked up with two generational quarterbacks and deemed himself a great coach. Then 2021 came along. A lot of daboisms will be re-examined in 2022.

Reactions: Lakecock1
I graduated from Clemson my wife graduated from USC and we are both avid football fans. I follow both very closely. Wife and I even have a standing wager that the winning school of the USC/Clemson game gets an additional donation.
Every time someone here accused you of being a tater they were correct, even though you denied it.

Yeah Dabo did KB dirty. They don't go undefeated in 2018 without him bailing TL (and Dabo) out early in the year.

Dabo isn't re-examining anything. To put it bluntly and accurately, he's a hypocrite.

Preparing myself for incoming fire, and will not surprise me if it's "supposed" Gamecock fans. Those are the worst kind. I can deal with tiger fans. I can't deal with tiger fans masquerading as Gamecocks.

Yeah Dabo did KB dirty. They don't go undefeated in 2018 without him bailing TL (and Dabo) out early in the year.

Dabo isn't re-examining anything. To put it bluntly and accurately, he's a hypocrite.

Preparing myself for incoming fire, and will not surprise me if it's "supposed" Gamecock fans. Those are the worst kind. I can deal with tiger fans. I can't deal with tiger fans masquerading as Gamecocks.

I agree on the ring part. I think it was against ATM, right?

I will say Dabo did KB a favor by making the decision after 4 games, allowing him to transfer. It would have been worse to make him wait one more game, and lose that last year of eligibility.

Here’s a better question then? What defines a fan? I would say I’m more of a gamecock fan than most. I send a significant amount of money to USC. That doesn’t make me a fan? I cheer and support them when they are playing that doesn’t make me a fan? If that doesn’t make me a fan, please define what makes someone a fan.

I agree on the ring part. I think it was against ATM, right?

I will say Dabo did KB a favor by making the decision after 4 games, allowing him to transfer. It would have been worse to make him wait one more game, and lose that last year of eligibility.
Yes, ATM.

My opinion is a bit different on that. IMO, that's the story the Clemp fans want you to believe. From what I've heard, KB heard some rumblings before the season about some promises that were made to TL during recruiting and considered a transfer. Dabo was unsure about TL being able to successfully lead right out of the gate, so he made some promises to KB before the season that he ultimately went back on. KB figured out Dabo was a liar before he lost the year of eligibility.

So did saban do jalen hurts dirty as you call it?

• Haha
Reactions: Lakecock1
Yes, ATM.

My opinion is a bit different on that. IMO, that's the story the Clemp fans want you to believe. From what I've heard, KB heard some rumblings before the season about some promises that were made to TL during recruiting and considered a transfer. Dabo was unsure about TL being able to successfully lead right out of the gate, so he made some promises to KB before the season that he ultimately went back on. KB figured out Dabo was a liar before he lost the year of eligibility.

That sounds possible, but the only thing for certain is that the timing of the split was good for KB. Can you imagine the d!ck move of telling him the next week?

Reactions: chief2791
Here’s a better question then? What defines a fan? I would say I’m more of a gamecock fan than most. I send a significant amount of money to USC. That doesn’t make me a fan? I cheer and support them when they are playing that doesn’t make me a fan? If that doesn’t make me a fan, please define what makes someone a fan.
I'll give you a simple test to determine which University you are a fan of:

In 2000.....Did Rod Gardner push off on Andre Goodman or not?
Simple question. Simple answer.

That’s becuse I follow both for a reason. Mainly because a portion of my income goes to both schools. I hold season tickets and parking places at both schools. I graduated from Clemson my wife graduated from USC and we are both avid football fans. I follow both very closely. Wife and I even have a standing wager that the winning school of the USC/Clemson game gets an additional donation. That winner also decides which one of us holds the veto of where we go on any given Saturday.

Also dabo is talked about more than Beamer on here.

???????? Get outta here, Tater.

Reactions: carolinamyke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT