ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo finally dips into the portal

Call me what you want but as long as my money goes to both schools. I will continue to be = fans of both.
Give it up. You are outed. You are a Clempson Tiger fan and homer. Just because your wife sends $ to her alma mater from your household budget gives you zero standing here. Or maybe its a kids tuition money to THE University of South Caroline. In either case, C U in November.

#ClemExit

Give it up. You are outed. You are a Clempson Tiger fan and homer. Just because your wife sends $ to her alma mater from your household budget gives you zero standing here. Or maybe its a kids tuition money to THE University of South Caroline. In either case, C U in November.

#ClemExit
Your opinion in this matter means nothing. I know where I stand. One can pull for both sides of a rival even if you don’t agree with it. My wife is not the one pushing to give money to USC. I made that decision. She would tell you real quick it’s not a big a deal to her. I however enjoy going to USC games and choose to spend the money for tickets and parking.

f that b Dabo.
I recognize and accept how well they did recruiting the last 7-8 years. Although I'm convinced there were multiple nefarious and outright (at the time) illegal paths that were helping their recruiting.....one thing it is obvious he did was often recruit high character guys who also could play. I think they mixed in the scandalous where they could or needed to as well.
With that said.....I thought it was obvious this year that some of the stupid areas of recruiting he allowed showed it's ugly head. All the coaching sons and friends of Dabo, etc that are on the roster. I think Nolan Turner is a legitimate d1 player....but how often can one family legitimately have 2 brothers good enough to play on a top 10 program. I know there have been plenty of examples...point is it's rare and hopefully he has missed on another one (Turner's brother that is a recent signee). Yes...I know they smoked us. We were not good....and I never was delusional enough to think we could wins this year's game...even thought Clemson looked like a shell of their last 5-6 years teams the last half of the season. A couple of injuries here or there...and he's going to be relying on 22 to catch a crucial 3rd and 9 against a team with a pulse....and 22 ain't no Hunter Renfrow.
there is always sooooo much talk about "nefarious" activities and NCAA violations up there in Clemson yet no one takes them on or provides hard evidence. I'm alllll for bringing down the house on people that are doing things illegal but just saying "they are doing illegal things" without true evidence is just ridiculous. Does Newspring look "interesting" with Clemson, NO DOUBT but prove it. So tired of hearing people bemoan teams that "cheat" but never really back it up.

Last edited:
Did Hurts get a ring? KB didn't. They don't win the ATM game and a NC without KB. Dabo could have chosen to give him a ring. He chose not to.
Are you kidding? Hurts remained on the team after losing the starting role 5 games into the season, but he contributored to the team in a back up role and put together a comeback for an injured Tua in the SEC-CG.

KB was benched for TL following game 4...so he QUIT and was never seen on a CU practice field again. KB could have finished the season and would have received a ring, but he choose not to.

Reactions: Areukidding1
Your opinion in this matter means nothing. I know where I stand. One can pull for both sides of a rival even if you don’t agree with it. My wife is not the one pushing to give money to USC. I made that decision. She would tell you real quick it’s not a big a deal to her. I however enjoy going to USC games and choose to spend the money for tickets and parking.
My status as fan, donor and ALUMNI does make my opinion matter on South Carolina athletics on a South Carolina athletics board. At least more so than a graduate of Clempson College.

Spend on. You can claim to be a full supporter of both programs all you want. Your comments here on South Carolina along with your Clempson degree say otherwise.

My status as fan, donor and ALUMNI does make my opinion matter on South Carolina athletics on a South Carolina athletics board. At least more so than a graduate of Clempson College.

Spend on. You can claim to be a full supporter of both programs all you want. Your comments here on South Carolina along with your Clempson degree say otherwise.
You really think your opinion on where I stand really matters? That’s cute.

there is always sooooo much talk about "nefarious" activities and NCAA violations up there in Clemson yet no one takes them on or provides hard evidence. I'm alllll for bringing down the house on people that are doing things illegal but just saying "they are doing illegal things" without true evidence is just ridiculous. Does Newspring look "interesting" with Clemson, NO DOUBT but prove it. So tired of hearing people bemoan teams that "cheat" but never really back it up.
It’s laughable to suggest Dabo all of a sudden became an elite recruiter after years of mediocrity & getting his ass handed to him annually by Spurrier. It defies all logic and common sense, just as Ole Miss’ meteoric rise under Freeze did.

Somebody will talk someday, once Dabo is gone & NIL has fully washed out the notion that paying players is wrong. Until then, we can all enjoy watching CU crash back down to Earth due to the end of Dabo’s best competitive advantage.

Reactions: carolinamyke
It’s laughable to suggest Dabo all of a sudden became an elite recruiter after years of mediocrity & getting his ass handed to him annually by Spurrier. It defies all logic and common sense, just as Ole Miss’ meteoric rise under Freeze did.

Somebody will talk someday, once Dabo is gone & NIL has fully washed out the notion that paying players is wrong. Until then, we can all enjoy watching CU crash back down to Earth due to the end of Dabo’s best competitive advantage.

Just my memory, but his rise wasnt really meteoric, his good classes came even when he was losing to spurrier.

Imho, it was bringing in an aggressive OC who attracted talented skill players. It was a "fun", video game offense, and with the acc schedule, he could sell successful seasons even while losing to spurrier badly.

Then, the success bred its own recruiting.

Edit: Just to see if I remembered correctly, I looked up the rivals rankings.

Starting in 2006, the classes were:
16, 16, 12 (Dabo takes over full time), 37 (only signed 12?), 19, 8, 14, 14, 13, 4, 6....

So there was that one class ranked 8, but his third class I think lines up with the new OC. And there was then the jump to single digits, but that was after selling acc titles and bcs games.

Last edited:
Just my memory, but his rise wasnt really meteoric, his good classes came even when he was losing to spurrier.

Imho, it was bringing in an aggressive OC who attracted talented skill players. It was a "fun", video game offense, and with the acc schedule, he could sell successful seasons even while losing to spurrier badly.

Then, the success bred its own recruiting.

Edit: Just to see if I remembered correctly, I looked up the rivals rankings.

Starting in 2006, the classes were:
16, 16, 12 (Dabo takes over full time), 37 (only signed 12?), 19, 8, 14, 14, 13, 4, 6....

So there was that one class ranked 8, but his third class I think lines up with the new OC. And there was then the jump to single digits, but that was after selling acc titles and bcs games.
Agreed. While he was getting stomped by Spurrier he was quietly building a monster.

What is cute is you thinking your Clempson grad opinion on South Carolina athletics matters at all.
You do realize that some people have to go to Clemson because USC doesn’t have their major. If USC had a forestry program I would have gone there.

Where you graduate from had no bearing on who you are a fan of sorry. Sometimes you go to the school that’s the better decision for your career. Hence Clemson fans going to law school or medical school at USC.

You do realize that some people have to go to Clemson because USC doesn’t have their major. If USC had a forestry program I would have gone there.

Where you graduate from had no bearing on who you are a fan of sorry. Sometimes you go to the school that’s the better decision for your career. Hence Clemson fans going to law school or medical school at USC.
I have a neice that went to USC but pulls for Clemson. They had the major she wanted

Actually I do realize that. I know several myself. And they dont present themselves as unbiased, middle of the road, "fans" of both schools. My best friend is as orange as can be. Has degrees from both schools. Not a Gamecock fan.

You are trying to say on this board one can legitimately be a fan of both schools. In your case, I dont buy it. And that is my prerogative. And no you don't have to agree.

I know a few as well. So who do you pull for head to head? Coots or Taters?

I don't think one can truly be a fan of and pull for both schools. You're either a Gamecock or a Tiger, period, which is the way that it's supposed to be IMO. I want them to lose if they're playing a game of checkers against the Taliban. Tiger fans I know feel the same about us.

Reactions: Jbouton2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT