ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo loses it on a caller.

Hes not wrong. Put our rivalry aside for a moment and look what they have done, 10 years in a row winning 10 games or more, 2 NCs, etc etc now they have 1 bad season and fans turn on him. I hope he leaves he deserves a better fan base than that. They’re gonna become the next Nebraska, running off 9+ win coaches bc they arent winning like the good ole days

They played the entire exchange on late night sports news last night and I completely agree with Dabo. He explained in exact detail why the fan base should STFU and deal with it this year. I have two grandsons attending Clemson, both paying out-of-State tuition because of Clemson’s football success. Dabo has easily earned his salary over the years!

Hes not wrong. Put our rivalry aside for a moment and look what they have done, 10 years in a row winning 10 games or more, 2 NCs, etc etc now they have 1 bad season and fans turn on him. I hope he leaves he deserves a better fan base than that. They’re gonna become the next Nebraska, running off 9+ win coaches bc they arent winning like the good ole days
Clemson was paying for players and that's how Dabo won so many games. Now every school can pay for players and suddenly Clemson is back to being the same team they were before Dabo was the head coach. Simple as that.

Clemson was paying for players and that's how Dabo won so many games. Now every school can pay for players and suddenly Clemson is back to being the same team they were before Dabo was the head coach. Simple as that.
While that may be so, in the context of the caller’s question, Dabo was spot on with his response. Quite frankly Dabo made the caller sound ignorant. I suspect that some of the recruits Dabo is looking at will feel very positive at the coach and the Clemson football program.

Reactions: Cybercock
I've grown to respect Dabo's accomplishments. I understand fan frustration, but only Saban and OSU can be Saban and OSU annually. Everyone else needs to enjoy their time in the sun and stfu when its over.

Reactions: hahnenkampf
Im not Dabo fan, but I agree with him. I believe Spurrier had a similar response when he was still coaching Florida and some fan being unsatisfied with just 10+ wins every year.

Agree with Dabo.

Defended his team. Called out a caller. That's what a coach does. If a coach won't defend his own team, his own program, his own guys, the school where he works - no one else in the world could be expect to do so. Of course he should. He recruited every single player on the team.

Clemson won a conference championship and 11 games last year.

I'd really like if it we were in a position to have an "off" year every 6-8 years where we don't win 9+ games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT