ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo to Tennessee??

The biggest hurdle every year for Dabo will continue to be Carolina. He might be able to beat us in the valley this year but we should go back to beating him on a regular basis soon. Last year everything imaginable went just right for Dabo. Even playing weak ACC schedules every year, his best will always be an occasional ACC title.

Dabo hit his ceiling last at clemson season. Should go save Tennessee.
Playing in the national championship and almost winning is a pretty good ceiling.

He plays in a shit conference and has the best QB in football this year. He might get back.

Don't understand what you were going for there

Reactions: DrMickey
Honestly, why on earth would Dabo ever leave Clemson? Not a fan, but he's got a great gig. Access to the playoff with less weekly competition and a cult following. These comments about him not getting other offers are amusing, but ridiculous.

Who on south carolinas schedule would have beaten clemson? Alabama in the sec championship game

The difference playing in the SEC vs the acc is playing physically tough SEC teams beats you up and next week and the next week and the next week youplay teams that are just as physical or more so than the previous team, The acc does not have this component to their teams. there are only a few that beat you up physically and thus is the difference in the 2 conferences not to mention the depth in the SEC compared to the acc. Many team in the acc have good frontline starters and absolutely no depth. There is a difference in the conferences because of those items listed above and I believe yes CU would have been beaten up much more physically add could have taken a beating from someone in the SEC maybe 2!!!!!!!!!

Don't see Dabo going anywhere but Bama. Even that would be a stupid move for him. You don't want to be the guy that follows Saban. And he has it made at Clemson. By hook, or crook, reeling in elite recruits, sub part ACC schedule, and his recent success has Clemson backing the truck up to the bank to keep him from looking around. If he is smart he never leaves Clemson. But the opportunity to walk in Bear Bryants footsteps may be too much for him to turn down when Saban does leave.

Hasn't been mentioned because his agent stops any inquiries. He could easily be any play for just about any job out there if he wanted to be at this point. But he knows how sweet a spot he is in at Clemson. Be stupid not to ride that out.

Dabo has a good gig at Clemson. I can't see him leaving CU for a school other than Alabama (which may or may not happen). I wonder if ADs feel the same way and don't call for that reason. Still, I imagine most ADs contact prospective coaches through back channels. If so, we might never know who has or hasn't called Dabo.

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95

1) Ugly orange is the dominant team color, 2) Players beating women is acceptable, 3) Boosters paying players with double secret handshakes, 4) fan base has 80% of their teeth missing, 5) sleeping with your mom for 3-years is ok, 6) drug abuse is worth a 1-3 games suspension depending on public outcry and who's coming up on schedule,7) sheep humping is a vigorous male sport.......yeah, Dabo would be a perfect fit at TN and only the name is changed.

Last edited:
1) Ugly orange is the dominate team color, 2) Players beating women is acceptable, 3) Boosters paying players with double secret handshakes, 4) fan base has 80% of their teeth missing, 5) sleeping with your mom for 3-years is ok, 6) drug abuse is worth a 1-3 games suspension depending on public outcry and who's coming up on schedule,7) sheep humping is a vigorous male sport.......yeah, Dabo would be a perfect fit at TN and only the name is changed.

I think you mean "dominant" in item 1).

The difference playing in the SEC vs the acc is playing physically tough SEC teams beats you up and next week and the next week and the next week youplay teams that are just as physical or more so than the previous team, The acc does not have this component to their teams. there are only a few that beat you up physically and thus is the difference in the 2 conferences not to mention the depth in the SEC compared to the acc. Many team in the acc have good frontline starters and absolutely no depth. There is a difference in the conferences because of those items listed above and I believe yes CU would have been beaten up much more physically add could have taken a beating from someone in the SEC maybe 2!!!!!!!!!

We're out of peanut butter.

Apparently you don't read this board very much - or know anyone who is a Clemson fan. Dabo is the coach-in-waiting at Bama.

Ala is not as big on religion as Clemson/Dabo are but they draw from a much bigger pool of talent and pay just as well! Dabo will not leave Clemson for a better job but he may get fired. It was
just over two years ago that the Clemson faithful wanted him gone---after Spurrier put 5 straight losses on him. Let's see what happens here forward with a Gamecock staff that actually recruits!

Ala is not as big on religion as Clemson/Dabo are but they draw from a much bigger pool of talent and pay just as well! Dabo will not leave Clemson for a better job but he may get fired. It was
just over two years ago that the Clemson faithful wanted him gone---after Spurrier put 5 straight losses on him. Let's see what happens here forward with a Gamecock staff that actually recruits!
Wanted him fired?? Wha....when did this happen? It wasnt him that got run off.

Last edited:
Agreed. His side show he created is going to crumble. That house of cards was built on lies and corruption.

I guess somebody needs to tell all those 5-star recruits to transfer. Cause if they stay, Clemson will be pretty good for a while.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
And what will those 5 stars get Dabo? Another ACC title and maybe a bowl win if they don't choke. Nothing more. He hit his ceiling last year. They had arguably their best team in history last season and couldn't get the job done on the big stage. Let's face it, the guy can recruit but he can't coach his way out of a paper bag. Which means no Natty C's for the taters. Oh sure, he surrounds himself with competent coaches, but that alone won't get him the kind of success he wants. Say whatever you want about our guy Champ, but the man can coach, recruit and manage a team. I have a feeling we'll overtake Clemson's spot in the next few years.

The biggest hurdle every year for Dabo will continue to be Carolina. He might be able to beat us in the valley this year but we should go back to beating him on a regular basis soon. Last year everything imaginable went just right for Dabo. Even playing weak ACC schedules every year, his best will always be an occasional ACC title.
I think the biggest hurdle for them is FSU.

Hmmm...not sure a 3 win team is a bigger hurdle every year than Florida State.

And what will those 5 stars get Dabo? Another ACC title and maybe a bowl win if they don't choke. Nothing more. He hit his ceiling last year. They had arguably their best team in history last season and couldn't get the job done on the big stage. Let's face it, the guy can recruit but he can't coach his way out of a paper bag. Which means no Natty C's for the taters. Oh sure, he surrounds himself with competent coaches, but that alone won't get him the kind of success he wants. Say whatever you want about our guy Champ, but the man can coach, recruit and manage a team. I have a feeling we'll overtake Clemson's spot in the next few years.
Dear god...

Dabo has the best job in the country. Yeah, I said it. Where else does the money flow at a place that wants to be big time when only 1-2 schools in their league commit to it like they do? Who else has the money to even try to compete with them except FSU? Maybe UNC? VT? We bring in $25+ million per year more than they do (and rising) and we're still about 8th in our own league.

As bad as we were last year and with a brand new coaching staff this year, what would our record be this year if we played a similar schedule? If half the team quit today they'd still finish 8-4 this season. They HAVE TO go out and schedule teams like Auburn and Georgia out of conference because their schedule is so bad (easy). Look at their home schedule this year. USC and Louisville are their 2 biggest games. That's sad.

I can see why Dabo won't leave but you never see their assistants leave. Morris finally did but it seemed about 2 years too late. I don't see how Venables didn't leave after this past year. Was his name mentioned for ONE job opening? They still had a very good defense this past year after losing about 9 starters from the year before. I never hear his name come up for openings so something weird is going on.

Hmmm...not sure a 3 win team is a bigger hurdle every year than Florida State.
This 3 win team had you on the ropes in the 4th quarter. So,it appears that there is not much difference in a 3-9 SEC team and a 12-0 ACC team. We did beat the #2 ACC team. Have you erased the 5 straight wins from your memory?

This 3 win team had you on the ropes in the 4th quarter. So,it appears that there is not much difference in a 3-9 SEC team and a 12-0 ACC team. We did beat the #2 ACC team. Have you erased the 5 straight wins from your memory?

By that argument, Alabama needed a trick play and a KOR to win by 5 pts. So,it appears that there is not much difference in an ACC team and the mighty king of the SEC. Oh and congratulations on your 2 year old 5-game win streak. Kind of hard to remember since you lost to The Citadel since then...at HOME...for the 2nd time in the last 3 meetings.

Reactions: cockynSC66

Add to that the very large hostile fan bases in the SEC that make road wins more difficult than any other conference in America.

Clemson was pretty deep talent wise when we whipped them 5 years in a row. Granted our team was solid as well, still shows that they aren't unbeatable. Especially now that we have a staff that's dedicated to building our own depth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT