ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo's comments on the hiring of Shane Beamer

Woody McCorvey is why Dabo has been so successful at Clemson.

I would be very careful giving credit to any one individual. There are a number of people you could point to, many of their fans think it is the guy who came form Alabama, he took less money to leave Alabama and come work for Dabo. I forget his name, but he isn’t a coach, he is some type of operations guy, i think he is over the majority of the football operations staff.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I would be very careful giving credit to any one individual. There are a number of people you could point to, many of their fans think it is the guy who came form Alabama, he took less money to leave Alabama and come work for Dabo. I forget his name, but he isn’t a coach, he is some type of operations guy, i think he is over the majority of the football operations staff.
I think the guy you are talking about may be Thad turnipseed

Is Brad Scott still on clemsons payroll ? They created a bag man job for him after they fired Bowden. They had a different name for the job.

Reactions: rando7
It's hilarious how some Gamecock fans like Dabo. When he clearly has no respect for the School, football program, or the fans. No Coach at either school in history has bashed the other program like Dabo has. Maybe it's Stockholm syndrome for some. All have to say Fuc$ Dabo

THIS

Reactions: cockgun
I think they made a good hire.

I consider Shane a friend. Good person. Known him for a long time. He’s always stayed in touch over the years. Got a sweet wife. Great family guy.

I have tons of respect for his entire family. Frank Beamer is one of the good guys in this business and I became good friends with him when VT joined the ACC.

I’ve known Shane a long time. He was with Woody McCorvey at Mississippi State.

Really good person. Has been very successful as a football coach.

He’s our rival and all that type of stuff, but I have a lot of respect for him as a person, a man, a father, a husband and a football coach. I think they hired a good man.

Talked to him over the phone last week and had a good conversation.

I wouldn't expect him to say anything negative, although he never said anything positive about Will that i can recall.
That’s because Muschamp was abrasive, arrogant and cocky. He was like a nerd that tried to act like a bully.

Reactions: 76MACC and GCDC1959
Is Brad Scott still on clemsons payroll ? They created a bag man job for him after they fired Bowden. They had a different name for the job.

I think he was the high school relations guy, but i am pretty sure he went with his son Jeff to USF

If you pay them they will come. clemson magically started cherry picking 4 and 5 star recruits from Florida to California.
You could have made that argument 4 or 5 years ago but not now. Kids wanna play for a winner. Chance to win a national title AND get a great look by the NFL. Its a no brainer.

Reactions: Zann77
You could have made that argument 4 or 5 years ago but not now. Kids wanna play for a winner. Chance to win a national title AND get a great look by the NFL. Its a no brainer.
This started longer than 4 or 5 years ago. I recall James Davis saying he always had money while he was at clemson. It isn't like clemson has not done it before. That sort of cancelled out any benefit of the doubt.

If you pay them they will come. clemson magically started cherry picking 4 and 5 star recruits from Florida to California.
After they won not 1 but 2 national championships. Winning has a tendency to recruit for itself. Again where is your proof all I read was more unproven accusations.

After they won not 1 but 2 national championships. Winning has a tendency to recruit for itself. Again where is your proof all I read was more unproven accusations.
There is so much crazy stuff that goes on with clemson football, I could write a book about it. Like I stated before clemson does have a history of doing this. That happened the last time they started surprisingly winning big. How many 4 and 5 star recruits did dabo sign after clemson lost in the Charlotte bowl?

There is so much crazy stuff that goes on with clemson football, I could write a book about it. Like I stated before clemson does have a history of doing this. That happened the last time they started surprisingly winning big. How many 4 and 5 star recruits did dabo sign after clemson lost in the Charlotte bowl?
Again where is the proof? Not what you think or are making up. Where is the damn proof? So far you are all smoke and no fire.

Reactions: Zann77 and FJRTiger
Again where is the proof? Not what you think or are making up. Where is the damn proof? So far you are all smoke and no fire.
I am not part of the NCAA investigation committee. I do not have to present you with rock solid hard evidence to form my opinion. I observe what happens at clemson and post opinions on this Gamecock message board. If it bothers you I do not care.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I am not part of the NCAA investigation committee. I do not have to present you with rock solid hard evidence to form my opinion. I observe what happens at clemson and post opinions on this Gamecock message board. If it bothers you I do not care.
So you see Clemson getting recruits and just assume they are cheating. Got it. You know what they say about assumptions. When we start getting 4 and 5 stars you going to say the same about this program?

So you see Clemson getting recruits and just assume they are cheating. Got it. You know what they say about assumptions. When we start getting 4 and 5 stars you going to say the same about this program?
Odd that you are on a Gamecock board and overly concerned with my opinion about low down, good for nothing clemzon.

Reactions: Blackland
F Dabo. He orchestrated a scripted rant to the media so he could disparage the entire University not just athletics. I understand why he did it (we were beating that a** at the time and he had to say something) but it doesn’t change what he said or at whose expense. To each his or her own, but it’s beyond me how anyone who supports the University can “like” him.
I guess I watched a different video. All I saw and heard was a ridiculous tirade on the athletic department around football. What part did I miss that was the entire university? The last 15 seconds?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT