ADVERTISEMENT

Dak - Whole life at QB

svjkn3

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2019
You don’t play your whole life at QB and forget how to play the position in college. He was accurate and posed getting the plays in. Very impressed with his performance and for some reason I always believed in him even when he didn’t look great on the field at WR. Loves SC and stayed the course. Great person & a good QB! People have said how good of a high school QB he was. It makes sense now doesn’t it?

Does he go back to QB, stay at receiver or transfer because he just remembered how fun QB is? I know he loves SC but he's never tasted the fun (I'm sure it just be great fun) of performing that well on that big of a stage at this level as a QB. Future is probably brighter at WR but definitely makes one wonder.

You don’t play your whole life at QB and forget how to play the position in college. He was accurate and posed getting the plays in. Very impressed with his performance and for some reason I always believed in him even when he didn’t look great on the field at WR. Loves SC and stayed the course. Great person & a good QB! People have said how good of a high school QB he was. It makes sense now doesn’t it?
I love Joyner. I kind of pegged him as comparable to maybe Emory Jones if he was converted back to a QB. I think he can go out and make big plays in big games but I'm not sure if I would hand the keys of the offense over to him. Different story if he staying at QB his whole career because he lost a lot of time/reps to get better. I loved the game plan we had tonight and I hope we build off of it because Joyner and Bell just have that "it" factor. Those guys need a big chunk of the touches and I think Rattler can be the guy to give it to them. Also be a plus is Harris returns and we can find big time #1 WR.

Reactions: rogue cock
This was really the first legit look he's ever had at QB, and he looked pretty darn good. Don't know what to make of it. Rattler will obviously will be the starter next year, but kind of makes you wonder what might have been with Dak if he'd been coached and played more at QB. I'm sure he's thinking "See...I CAN play QB."

I tried telling y’all a few years ago when he signed with y’all (Muschamp didn’t listen to me). When you have a decent but not great Oline you have to have a mobile athletic quarterback (see Clemson as the example-DW,TL-athletes=W, DJU-statue=L). Joyner can play quarterback, he just needed someone who would take the time to help him develop at the collegiate level. If nothing else it will be good for y’all to have some competition in your QB room. Iron sharpens iron.

Just read where Joyner’s only practice at WR this entire month was the 20 minute Media Session in Charlotte. Brilliant.

Apparently Satterfield suggested Joyner at QB for the Bowl Game before Brown even transferred. This is what Beamer said.

Yeah, but the rumor was that Satterfield was giving Zeb snaps and that ran off Brown. Looks like that was a lie.

Just read where Joyner’s only practice at WR this entire month was the 20 minute Media Session in Charlotte. Brilliant.

Apparently Satterfield suggested Joyner at QB for the Bowl Game before Brown even transferred. This is what Beamer said.

Also, it seems like Beamer has more say in the offense that I thought. Almost like Satterfield has to run everything by him for approval. I guess that is normal to an extent, but maybe it just sounded funny the way he said it with Satterfield asking permission to use DKJ at QB.

I love Joyner. I kind of pegged him as comparable to maybe Emory Jones if he was converted back to a QB. I think he can go out and make big plays in big games but I'm not sure if I would hand the keys of the offense over to him. Different story if he staying at QB his whole career because he lost a lot of time/reps to get better. I loved the game plan we had tonight and I hope we build off of it because Joyner and Bell just have that "it" factor. Those guys need a big chunk of the touches and I think Rattler can be the guy to give it to them. Also be a plus is Harris returns and we can find big time #1 WR.
Harris has already said he's going pro.

Happy for DK but he should transfer if he wants to play QB another year. There is no way with Rattler he would be the starting QB and with a crowded QB room next year. Also you can’t say he would be that successful week in and week out if teams had more film on him. He graduated so he should seek an opportunity as a QB at another school if he truly wants a chance to play QB. Thankful for what he has done as a Gamecock and under the previous staff probably never got a fair shake but he will not be the starter next year if he stayed.

Does he go back to QB, stay at receiver or transfer because he just remembered how fun QB is? I know he loves SC but he's never tasted the fun (I'm sure it just be great fun) of performing that well on that big of a stage at this level as a QB. Future is probably brighter at WR but definitely makes one wonder.
He's a very smart young man. I'm sure he'll make the decision that fits both him AND the team.

Who knows, he might turn out to be the next Randall Cobb.

Happy for DK but he should transfer if he wants to play QB another year. There is no way with Rattler he would be the starting QB and with a crowded QB room next year. Also you can’t say he would be that successful week in and week out if teams had more film on him. He graduated so he should seek an opportunity as a QB at another school if he truly wants a chance to play QB. Thankful for what he has done as a Gamecock and under the previous staff probably never got a fair shake but he will not be the starter next year if he stayed.
I like him and was pleased with his performance. If I were him, I would position myself for the NFL. That is, what can I do to secure a roster spot? Should I transfer and play QB, or stay and play QB/WR. It may be fun to play QB, but the end goal is securing an NFL roster spot. He appears to have a lot to offer: athletic ability, attitude, football IQ, and work ethic.

A healthy Syvelle could have been a great zone read type QB.
It was good to see some zone read yesterday....Dak did well!
Syvelle had a bigger arm too, but still not quite pro starter level. Syvelle was just like Shaw. I started paying more attention to gamecock football in Middle School and his was the first name I remembered.

Syvelle had a bigger arm too, but still not quite pro starter level. Syvelle was just like Shaw. I started paying more attention to gamecock football in Middle School and his was the first name I remembered.
We'll never know how good Syvelle could have been....I wish Mangus could have coached him.

Reactions: Joe MorrisonLives
I hope he stays. Still not sold on Rattler until he gets in here and does it on the field for us. And if he does, every team still needs a backup. I wonder what percentage of QBs get injured during the year. A lot. Opportunity to play will still be there.

Reactions: svjkn3
I hope he stays. Still not sold on Rattler until he gets in here and does it on the field for us. And if he does, every team still needs a backup. I wonder what percentage of QBs get injured during the year. A lot. Opportunity to play will still be there.
I think Dak should stay. Solid backup and maybe get some PT like in the Bowl Game at QB throughout the season. Bet he would rather be with our coaches and players then leave all that behind for the unknown.

Joyner had a good game against a bad UNC defense but he’s not going to be a difference maker at QB moving forward. Also, if he is considering the next level he may be better off as a DB

It’s possible that Dak’s work ethic could rub of on Rattler.
His work ethic hopefully rubs off on a lot of kids. I don’t know him personally, but I admire his commitment to this school, and his determination to stay positive when things aren’t going according to plan. That trait is rare not only in college football, but also in life in general. DK truly deserved the MVP award yesterday! He’s a great kid, and he has a bright future, no matter what he chooses to do in his life!

Reactions: vacock#
In HS, Dak out-athleted most of the competition. Passing the ball, isn’t his best attribute. If he’s looking to get to the next level, he needs to move back to receiver, or switch to the defensive backfield. He’s not going to play QB…ahead of Rattler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT