ADVERTISEMENT

Decommitted players that we lost

holtz-pressurecleaning

May 19, 2008
Belton
I WONDER IF THE COACHES THAT ARE PROBABLY ON THE SOSO HOT SEAT WAS RECRUTING THE PLAYERS THAT DECOMMITTED. iF I THOUGHT I WAS ABOUT TO LOSE MY JOB I DON'T BELIEVE I COULD BE TO POSITIVE TO THE RECRUITS , JUST WONDERING IF THAT MAYBE PLAYED A PART IN LOSING SO MANY OF OUT TOP RECRUITS ALL IN A 2 WKS SPAN. IF ANYBODY KNOWS PLEASE POST THANKS

The more players that commit early = more decommits. Going 7-6 doesn't help either.

I do think an early signing period needs serious consideration.

Originally posted by holtz-pressurecleaning:
IF I THOUGHT I WAS ABOUT TO LOSE MY JOB I DON'T BELIEVE I COULD BE TO POSITIVE TO THE RECRUITS.
If I thought I was about to lose my job, I'd work harder to keep it. But that's just me.

...THE SOSO HOT SEAT...
This one statement should answer your own question....there is no hot seat for any of the coaches, they're "all under contract". The "hot seat" you refer to is as real as all the chatter about Muschamp coming here, not happening. No firings or it would already be done. We seem to be too worried about losing an average SEC recruiting class. Why would "adding a coach or two" worry anyone?

53258567.jpg

Seems like most of the players we lost was due to another school recruiting them pretty heavy, and with Penn St, using negative recruiting. No different than us trying to flip some commits now.

Penn State? Negative recruiting? After all of the humiliating scandals they have been in trouble for? They should be the very last school on the planet to use negative recruiting. Perv State

A tremendous Vanderbilt Booster told us this summer that when James Franklin got to Nashville the first thing on his agenda was to find out who was his enticement guy. I'm sure once he got to Penn St that was #1 on his agenda there . It's hard to recruit against schools that are handing mama $5000 in cash and telling her that her son will be taken care of.

Originally posted by G-C-Gamecock:

...THE SOSO HOT SEAT...
This one statement should answer your own question....there is no hot seat for any of the coaches, they're "all under contract". The "hot seat" you refer to is as real as all the chatter about Muschamp coming here, not happening. No firings or it would already be done. We seem to be too worried about losing an average SEC recruiting class. Why would "adding a coach or two" worry anyone?
So top 15 is now average....good to know. Now go to your room and study.
sad0004.r191677.gif

I saw that too. But he's right. I go by ESPN rating and we're 15th there but 8th in the league. Which makes us average in the SEC.

But it's all relative. In the Brad Scott era we'd be popping champagne.

Originally posted by bitemeiptay:
Penn State? Negative recruiting? After all of the humiliating scandals they have been in trouble for? They should be the very last school on the planet to use negative recruiting. Perv State
Read from multiple sports insiders that Franklin has been using Spurrier's age to recruit against us. Guess he can't recruit on his and Penn State's own merits.

We can not worry about the Decommitted guys . They never were Gamecocks ,we can be happy with the young who become Gamecocks .
Recuriting is a coaches resume . He can not afford to say bad things about a school or the Head Coach . That hurts him down the road .

Top 15 is average in the SEC. I mean we are #7 in the SEC. Might need to take your own advice and hit the math lab.

This post was edited on 1/23 3:20 PM by hookwrestler

Originally posted by Irmo Cock:

...THE SOSO HOT SEAT...
sad0004.r191677.gif
Top 15 right now. On NSD..maybe top 30.

at this point id be real surprised if any of the coaches are going to be let go

we lost guys from nc, va, ga. There is no consistency as far as recruiters go. You have a bad season you lose some players. There is nothing a coach can do about that. It is hard to spin a 6 loss season.

The class was rated as high as 3 and remained about 5 until the 2-3 year statement. We had lost one decommittment beside Key who also had come back. What killed us was nobody issueing any statement to calm the class for 2 weeks. Palmer got no in-home from Spurrier whose family is in Fayatville NC

Originally posted by Cocka-Cola:

Originally posted by Irmo Cock:

...THE SOSO HOT SEAT...
sad0004.r191677.gif
Top 15 right now. On NSD..maybe top 30.
I doubt it. We'll get a few more good ones ourselves.

Originally posted by Quisp:
I saw that too. But he's right. I go by ESPN rating and we're 15th there but 8th in the league. Which makes us average in the SEC.

But it's all relative. In the Brad Scott era we'd be popping champagne.
This is what continues to be maddening. 15th in the country, 8th in your own conference. That's not even in the top half. So, what is there to do about it? Even though we have these really good classes, we don't have the 2 or 3 5-star guys in each class every year like Bama. I'm not a sold out star counter, but I'd rather see them on our commitment list than on our competitor's.

I don't keep up with recruiting like some of you gurus. I do see we have 29 "commits" so far this year. How many did we lose in the 2-3 weeks? Did we replace them (position wise) with the new recruits we have picked up?

If recruiting top talent was the only gauge for success them Texas, Southern Cal, and others would contend for the NC annually, AND schools like TCU, Baylor, Boise State and others would never win more than six or seven games.

Originally posted by hobcawcreekcock:
If recruiting top talent was the only gauge for success them Texas, Southern Cal, and others would contend for the NC annually, AND schools like TCU, Baylor, Boise State and others would never win more than six or seven games.
ding, ding, ding. We have a WINNER!

Originally posted by mUSCle Gamecock:
I don't keep up with recruiting like some of you gurus. I do see we have 29 "commits" so far this year. How many did we lose in the 2-3 weeks? Did we replace them (position wise) with the new recruits we have picked up?
We lost a handful of guys but we have replaced most position wise.

we may still get one of the best ones back!

Originally posted by USCRBCOCK:
Originally posted by hobcawcreekcock:
ding, ding, ding. We have a WINNER!
Show me a winner of the NC who hasn't recruited lights out? Even the SEC champion? You gotta have em. The last two we signed have their names in WB as record holders. As someone posted above "I'm not an all out star counter, but I'd rather have the five stars on my roster than my competitors"

Originally posted by Gamecock Lifer:

Originally posted by mUSCle Gamecock:
We lost a handful of guys but we have replaced most position wise.

we may still get one of the best ones back!
Thanks Lifer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT