ADVERTISEMENT

Deshaun Watson has a big story in USA Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
No actually it's you. You can't compare your D to this years D. You may have few players back but your main playmakers are gone. We found this out last year and you will this year. If by chance you get a few,players to step up and make plays there is a chance the drop off won't be drastic. I would lean towards the other direction.

Wow..u really did a great job of disproving what I said. Are u disputing that Clemson's 2nd team d line shut down your record setting offense? If so, u need to go back and watch the game and pay attention to it. Those are the players that will be playing this year, for the most part. Along with a veteran secondary and line backers.

So tell me what facts don't support my clemson tater statement. I'd love to hear it. The only one with half a brain in this conversation is u.
Well, anyone who knows anything about football.... Moron. Are you Francis Marion?

No actually it's you. You can't compare your D to this years D. You may have few players back but your main playmakers are gone. We found this out last year and you will this year. If by chance you get a few,players to step up and make plays there is a chance the drop off won't be drastic. I would lean towards the other direction.

Nodoby is comparing this years d with last years d. I was simply responding to the reply that Clemson fans are dilusional because we KNOW that we have some good players coming back on d, based on the many snaps they played last year. For sure we won't be as good as last year, nobody is saying that. Personally I think we will be top 50 somewhere, which should be good enough with our veteran offense scoring points.

Nodoby is comparing this years d with last years d. I was simply responding to the reply that Clemson fans are dilusional because we KNOW that we have some good players coming back on d, based on the many snaps they played last year. For sure we won't be as good as last year, nobody is saying that. Personally I think we will be top 50 somewhere, which should be good enough with our veteran offense scoring points.
Yeah well I heard lot of that about what we had coming back. You mouth breathers won't get it so we will just have to see.

Yeah well I heard lot of that about what we had coming back. You mouth breathers won't get it so we will just have to see.

Just because y'all had the slowest most non athletic defense last year doesn't mean we will. The difference is that us mouth breathers actually have 4 and 5 star players to replace our 4 and 5 star players. Y'all couldn't say that last year and probably never will again. The clowneys of the world only come around once in a lifetime to yalls loser program that has never won anything. Just a streak against your rival. That's the only thing your program has ever accomplished. Haha.

Just because y'all had the slowest most non athletic defense last year doesn't mean we will. The difference is that us mouth breathers actually have 4 and 5 star players to replace our 4 and 5 star players. Y'all couldn't say that last year and probably never will again. The clowneys of the world only come around once in a lifetime to yalls loser program that has never won anything. Just a streak against your rival. That's the only thing your program has ever accomplished. Haha.
Mouth breathers. haha. Like you guys are just so much more sophisticated than us. A real classy bunch of fans yall are. Haha.

Yes I am and yes we are. Unlike losers who go to other message boards to fulfill some gap in your life. See I don't need to do that. Even after we whooped you Taters five in a row. That was enough for me but for some I guess it's not. And yes your D will suck. No propaganda from you Taters is gonna change our opinion

tumblr_ltrjw896X91qj4qpio1_400.gif

Yes I am and yes we are. Unlike losers who go to other message boards to fulfill some gap in your life. See I don't need to do that. Even after we whooped you Taters five in a row. That was enough for me but for some I guess it's not. And yes your D will suck. No propaganda from you Taters is gonna change our opinion
Big word- propaganda. I bet u googled that word so u could sound smart. I don't know what to do if I can't change a shamecock fans opinion. Yalls opinions are worth lots of cheeseburgers from the fast food restaurants that u work at.

pbos11- What has Clemson ever won outside of the ACC? If you are so great, beating you bad 6 out of 8 years has to mean we are (to you use Dabo's favorite word) ELITE. Clemson can compete favorably in an ACC environment but not much more. To think Dabo can best Spurrier the way Spurrier has dominated him is just plain stupid. I will be glad when we pound you again this year in Columbia to shut your kind up and drive you back over to the home for the insane known as Taternet.

pbos11- What has Clemson ever won outside of the ACC? If you are so great, beating you bad 6 out of 8 years has to mean we are (to you use Dabo's favorite word) ELITE. Clemson can compete favorably in an ACC environment but not much more. To think Dabo can best Spurrier the way Spurrier has dominated him is just plain stupid. I will be glad when we pound you again this year in Columbia to shut your kind up and drive you back over to the home for the insane known as Taternet.

I am as laid back as they come when talking about the rivalry but I do get a kick out of how you guys use selective years to make it add to the records because you know if you go back further it gets bad for SC. Also im confused about the 6 out of 8 years line. If my math is correct its 5 our of last 8. You bashed us for the past two or three years for talking about the past. Well the reality is until November we have scoreboard and that's all that matters.

Clemson 07,08,14
SC 09-13

I am as laid back as they come when talking about the rivalry but I do get a kick out of how you guys use selective years to make it add to the records because you know if you go back further it gets bad for SC. Also im confused about the 6 out of 8 years line. If my math is correct its 5 our of last 8. You bashed us for the past two or three years for talking about the past. Well the reality is until November we have scoreboard and that's all that matters.

Clemson 07,08,14
SC 09-13
Yeah it's pretty comical how they think football started 6 years ago in coot town.... But hey whatever helps yall sleep at night.

Reactions: threejesters

Clemson 07,08,14
SC 09-13

IIRC, after watching a full season of games, Mfold deduced a prediction of Scar 55 - Clemson 10, it stood out as the craziest prediction on this board (which is an impressive accomplishment). It is entirely possible he is counting 2014 as a Scar victory, hence 6 of 8. Bemusing, but entirely expected given his proclivity for poor calculation.

You Tater add nothing but delusion to every conversation. There is a Clemsux board or two where I am sure it will be welcomed. Al Gore set it up so all you have to do is put the URL in. Even with your limited IQs you should be able to handle that

Below is some more of manafold's delusional diatribe posted on a Clemson site prior to last years lost.

Don't you boys think it is about time to stop thinking about distant glory in the past, old dusty trophies and start thinking about how to build a good football team, one that won't get beat down again in your house by the Gamecocks?

Clemson 07,08,14
SC 09-13

Look dude, no USC fan disputes our history in football. We all know we've had more bad than good and for over 2 decades the rivalry was lopsided. And all we heard out of CU fans was it isn't a rivalry anymore. Well, now we've made it rivalry again. You know good and well that every CU still above dirt release a huge sigh of relief after last Nov. If we had won #6 you would still hear the cries to fire everybody echoing through the hills up thar.
I won't try to defend another posters incorrect statement and you can get in to all the i-net pissing matches that you want to about the past, but the simple fact is we are not your daddy's USC. And as much as you and your CU brethren wish for it and hope it will come true, we will never again. And the reason is because of the $$$. CU used to have the luxury of having more of it, but they don't now and won't for the foreseeable future. The SECN took care of that problem and no matter what kind of deal the ACC strikes with ESPN or the networks, the numbers don't lie. More people will be watching the SECN and they will win the $$$ battle. The arms race wages on, and if you look at the 2 programs it's fairly easy to see right now which one is winning the war. And if you've been keeping up it's fairly easy to see who is winning the war right now.
But keep taking shots at our fans and ignoring what is really happening. And hope that your head cheerleader can keep selling what you've got going on up thar in them hills.
But you are right about one thing...y'all have bragging rights for this year. So you better enjoy them while you can. And don't forget to change the batteries in those locker room clocks!

Yeah it's pretty comical how they think football started 6 years ago in coot town.... But hey whatever helps yall sleep at night.

Yeah...about as comical as you taters having a Heisman candidate every preseason yet no winners EVER despite the fact that the man the trophy is named for coached your team, claiming preseason NC contenders every season though you didn't win an ACC title for over 2 decades (yes, I know y'all love to remind us that in our great run we didn't win an SEC title...but) your cheerleader coach claiming CU practically plays an SEC schedule because they beat 3 SEC teams in 2 seasons...conveniently leaving out the fact that he lost 2 to the same SEC team (I guess when you play in the ACC going 3-2 vs SEC teams is pretty spectacular, huh), bragging about two 2nd place ACC finishes and garnering BCS welfare bids to the Orange Bowl...one that ended in the worst bowl loss in the entire history of college football (including the days of leather helmets that your fans are so found of...quite an accomplishment), claiming a NC in September 2011 after beating Auburn (8-5), winning the 2013 Chic-Fil-A NC against LSU, claiming a moral victory last season after a loss to Felony State who had to play their backup QB...who can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

I could go on and on, but you get my point.

Your fans and your coach keep us rolling in laughter. Please don't fire him...EVER. And please keep screaming from the hill tops up thar how great CU is every season. It'll only make the upcoming crash more fun for us to watch!

Sounds like you guys are really confident about getting the W this year at Willie B. Curious what you gamecocks project your record to be entering the game. Are we talking 1-2 losses and going to the seccg 3-4 losses and getting better or 5-6 losses and limping in? Looks like you lost 3 home games last year and most of that 91st ranked defense returns. The gamecock thinking is that they should be better with a years experience a new coach and some jucos though right? New QB rebuilding D and OL could be a tough combo.

We could be at anywhere from 0 to 3 losses, but I would say 1 or 2 depending on how Louisville game goes. Think our defense will end up top 30-40 which should be good enough with some strong O play. If I had to predict the game today I would say you either squeak out a W or we win again by 2+ TDs.

Reactions: jblanken64
Sounds like you guys are really confident about getting the W this year at Willie B. Curious what you gamecocks project your record to be entering the game. Are we talking 1-2 losses and going to the seccg 3-4 losses and getting better or 5-6 losses and limping in? Looks like you lost 3 home games last year and most of that 91st ranked defense returns. The gamecock thinking is that they should be better with a years experience a new coach and some jucos though right? New QB rebuilding D and OL could be a tough combo.

We could be at anywhere from 0 to 3 losses, but I would say 1 or 2 depending on how Louisville game goes. Think our defense will end up top 30-40 which should be good enough with some strong O play. If I had to predict the game today I would say you either squeak out a W or we win again by 2+ TDs.

Its going to take a while for our D to get use to Hokes scheme, so we will lose a few early, but by the end of the year we will be rolling and will spank Clemsux as we always do.

Reactions: LegalTiger
Yeah...about as comical as you taters having a Heisman candidate every preseason yet no winners EVER despite the fact that the man the trophy is named for coached your team, claiming preseason NC contenders every season though you didn't win an ACC title for over 2 decades (yes, I know y'all love to remind us that in our great run we didn't win an SEC title...but) your cheerleader coach claiming CU practically plays an SEC schedule because they beat 3 SEC teams in 2 seasons...conveniently leaving out the fact that he lost 2 to the same SEC team (I guess when you play in the ACC going 3-2 vs SEC teams is pretty spectacular, huh), bragging about two 2nd place ACC finishes and garnering BCS welfare bids to the Orange Bowl...one that ended in the worst bowl loss in the entire history of college football (including the days of leather helmets that your fans are so found of...quite an accomplishment), claiming a NC in September 2011 after beating Auburn (8-5), winning the 2013 Chic-Fil-A NC against LSU, claiming a moral victory last season after a loss to Felony State who had to play their backup QB...who can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Your fans and your coach keep us rolling in laughter. Please don't fire him...EVER. And please keep screaming from the hill tops up thar how great CU is every season. It'll only make the upcoming crash more fun for us to watch!
A lot of Tiger history there......what was the score of junior's only SEC title game appearance? The only proof you need of the SEC Least demise is junior's brief run.

Clemson wont. At least not any time soon. I hope we keep Dabo around for a long time. :D

That's part of the problem. The USC drop off on D was cataclysmic. I think you're wishing Clemson's will be as well if you're being honest with yourself. You're projecting USC issues on to Clemson but it doesn't always work that way. I haven't met a single Clemson fan that thinks the D will be the same or better. All seem to unanimously agree that the D line, specifically, will take a step back. I don't see the same amount of pass rush coming from that D line, but I do think they'll be pretty good against the run. One thing many of you are failing to see is that Venables is a great coach. Just look where he took that defense after the WV debacle. He will not solely rely on the speed of a Beasley off the corner but different stunts and disguised blitzes to create a rush. The LBs and secondary should be about as good as last year...maybe a slight decrease in LB talent with an increase in talent/experience in the secondary.

Keep the torch flaming. Someone has to keep letting your brethren know this new format has made it ripe for you taters to infest this board.

Just asking a question in the most active thread this board has had in some time. BTW, if anyone travels that way, Los Marietas is a very cool day trip.

Brent Venables has called a game against Steve Spurrier 3 times and lost badly twice with 2 different quarterbacks, multiple changes on the O Line and skilled positions.

He also can't beat Georgia Tech, Georgia, or FSU even when they suspend their starter and we're forced to play a 3rd team QB.

He hardly worth the $1.3 Million ya'll pay him.

Reactions: LegalTiger
You bring up a 22 day old post that fell down the board just for that?

Hahaha...whatever

Also folks said they wanted the thread alive for the whole season...just doing my part. It is a cool feature that you do not need an Admin friend to necrobump an old post, since my buddy resigned as a mod.

Reactions: na_alum
Pied Piper Dumbo has these idiots guzzling the Orange Kool Ade. Lost Chad Morris. Lost their Defense. They better score lots of points. Luckily for them they only play about 3 good teams.

Well, we do play 4 teams that finished ahead of y'all in the AP Poll(5 counting DUKE, which we don't play this year, not sure we ever finished behind Duke in football), but I guess we will face Mitch at QB, who will be your RB's and WR's by Nov.?

Brent Venables has called a game against Steve Spurrier 3 times and lost badly twice with 2 different quarterbacks, multiple changes on the O Line and skilled positions.

He also can't beat Georgia Tech, Georgia, or FSU even when they suspend their starter and we're forced to play a 3rd team QB.

He hardly worth the $1.3 Million ya'll pay him.
So is 2014 the only year that counts, or not? If so, then CBV is undefeated against USC. If not, CBV can and has beaten GT and Georgia. Hopefully he remedies the FSU situation this year. And at this point, I believe the $1.3M Clemson is paying their proven DC with the #1 defense in CFB last year is better spent than the $1.3M USC is paying their TWO DCs, but we'll know the answer to that in the next 6 months, I reckon.

“My high school coach was a big Clemson fan and I told him, as long as I’m the starting quarterback here, I’m not going to lose to South Carolina."

“That’s one of my goals and one of my dreams, to win the Heisman,”

Big talk for a half season player.

I don't have a problem with confidence. If he holds true, he will be an all time hero...if not he will be ridiculed to no end.

"We don't HOPE they can play, we KNOW they can play"

That statement is not opinion, it is a fact. They seemed to do pretty well against your record setting offense last year. Go back and watch the game again. Almost half of the game our 2nd string d line, who will be our starting d line for the most part, was playing. As they did in many games last year. So YOU only HOPE they can't play, but anyone who knows anything about football KNOWS they can play.

They were not in "almost half the game". You are full of crap. They got a lot of time at the end when our offense was in panic mode and everybody knew Spurrier was going to do nothing but pass, but that's about it other than normal substitutions.

Your defense will step a huge step back. You had the good fortune of keeping a group of talented seniors together for their last year. This year will be very different. You will look fine against the worst of the ACC, but when you hit some teams with offense talent, you will see.

If you really want to peek at next year, look at the end of the bowl game against Oklahomo. That terrible offense marched down the field on your second string like they weren't even there. That's what you will see a lot of this year. You just better hope your offense has enough to outscore everybody. And all that will hinge of Watson staying healthy.

Reactions: Stevetype
Big word- propaganda. I bet u googled that word so u could sound smart. I don't know what to do if I can't change a shamecock fans opinion. Yalls opinions are worth lots of cheeseburgers from the fast food restaurants that u work at.

We have lawyers and doctors will degrees from THE University of South Carolina. That's why we are THE UNIVERISITY of SOUTH CAROLINA. STFU, little brother.

So is 2014 the only year that counts, or not? If so, then CBV is undefeated against USC. If not, CBV can and has beaten GT and Georgia. Hopefully he remedies the FSU situation this year. And at this point, I believe the $1.3M Clemson is paying their proven DC with the #1 defense in CFB last year is better spent than the $1.3M USC is paying their TWO DCs, but we'll know the answer to that in the next 6 months, I reckon.

Your defense built stats against low level ACC teams and weak out of conference competition. The defenses we had during our the 3 - 11 win seasons were better IMO. The record and amount of players in the league from those rosters is impressive.

Reactions: na_alum
Your defense built stats against low level ACC teams and weak out of conference competition. The defenses we had during our the 3 - 11 win seasons were better IMO. The record and amount of players in the league from those rosters is impressive.
Do we just ignore the part about the ACC going 4-0 against the SEC on rivalry weekend in November? How about GT trouncing Miss St. in the bowl game? You have a sound, nearly foolproof argument for conference strength nearly every year you tout it (and you do, as there's not much else in the trophy case). 2014 was not one of those years, unfortunately for your argument. And this is not even mentioning the fact that "SEC dominance" over the past decade is at least in some measure a myth, since with no playoff in place this year, the national title game would have been Bama rolling FSU. How many other years and titles was Bama not actually the best team in CFB?

I think all of our moderators have been on vacation since the new board went into service.

Exactly. I've given FGF the benefit of the doubt quite a few times over the years. But I gotta question the logic of letting this site simply float away with the basic hope/concept that doing so will be more beneficial to GamecockCentral as a whole.

I do know that quite a few of the participants at TOS left here for the very same points/reason(s) that I question here.

JMHO

Just asking a question in the most active thread this board has had in some time. BTW, if anyone travels that way, Los Marietas is a very cool day trip.
Also folks said they wanted the thread alive for the whole season...just doing my part. It is a cool feature that you do not need an Admin friend to necrobump an old post, since my buddy resigned as a mod.

LT you are without a doubt more lately becoming more of the ass you actually are.

And to think that I actually mentioned you as a respectful poster here just a few days ago.

Like I said, you're becoming more of your true self counselor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT