ADVERTISEMENT

Deshaun Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolinaHeaven

Dec 16, 2006
No one is happier than I am that Clemson lost. No one. I enjoy them losing more than I enjoy the Gamecocks winning because I grew up around some obnoxious redneck taters! However, Watson is the best college quarterback I've ever seen not named Scam Newton or Tim Tebow. I have zero respect for Scam and his cockiness, and the utmost respect for Tebow. However, I'll be glad when Watson's eligibility is up because the dude can ball. He also gave praise to God and pointed to the heavens when losing just like Dylan Thompson used to do for us. Watson is so good he could have taken any team from the SEC WEST to the natty in my opinion. I hope he gets the squirts before they play us next year or we beat them straight up, but Clemson played with heart tonight. I hope they lose the rest of their games for all eternity in every sport, but they played well. For tonight though, I really love Coker, Howard, and Drake and are soooooo thankful Bama won. Roll Tide! But more importantly, Go Cocks and Spurs Up! And let's now turn our attention to our two 15-0 basketball teams(best in history and to our 15th ranked Gamecocks men's team. (Both of our BBall teams always play with heart and I'm very happy for Staley and especially Martin! Gamecocks 4 LIFE!

Also, despite noticing Watson's obvious talent, I will never pull for Clemtech in anything. This pull for your own state bull, I'm so glad that's over. So many people telling me they're all in, and I'm like, I'm all out!

Reactions: pulley bone
Doesn't matter...barring injury, the kid from Stanford will win the Heisman next year.

Reactions: funktavious
I'll give the devil his due...and this will be the only nice thing I will say about those miserable pukes.
They will be national contenders as long as Watson is there. I hate saying it, but they will. He is the best college QB I have seen in years, if ever ...how they got him I have no clue...granted he's got good protection but even when that breaks down he can make a huge play. If he remains healthy he will be playing on Sunday...or at least get the opportunity.
This was also a 4 hour commercial for their recruiting...which doesn't hurt either..the praise that ESPN kept heaping on them after the game was sickening...hell I didn't know if bama or Clemson won the game.

I'll give the devil his due...and this will be the only nice thing I will say about those miserable pukes.
They will be national contenders as long as Watson is there. I hate saying it, but they will. He is the best college QB I have seen in years, if ever ...how they got him I have no clue...granted he's got good protection but even when that breaks down he can make a huge play. If he remains healthy he will be playing on Sunday...or at least get the opportunity.
This was also a 4 hour commercial for their recruiting...which doesn't hurt either..the praise that ESPN kept heaping on them after the game was sickening...hell I didn't know if bama or Clemson won the game.
That 4 hour commercial will be forgotten in about 4 hours.

Had heard he was a good dude. A humble kid.
That's why I was little surprised when I heard him in an interview with Tim Tebow over the weekend say when he came back from the Heisman ceremony that all his teammates told him he should have won and they were "mad that he didn't win." Didn't say one word about he was honored to be in New York or tip his hat to winner Derrick Henry. Although he said it in a calm voice...he said he was mad too that he didn't win because he thought he should have won and that the team set out to show in the Oklahoma game that he should have won. First time I have actually heard him be somewhat self promotional. So makes you wonder if he's a little disingenuous with the "humility" tag he is given credit for displaying. Guess we should give him a break. He's 20 year old kid. Don't know him...so I won't try to read his heart...just saying what I heard.

Reactions: SCcocks4ever
Had heard he was a good dude. A humble kid.
That's why I was little surprised when I heard him in an interview with Tim Tebow over the weekend say when he came back from the Heisman ceremony that all his teammates told him he should have won and they were "mad that he didn't win." Didn't say one word about he was honored to be in New York or tip his hat to winner Derrick Henry. Although he said it in a calm voice...he said he was mad too that he didn't win because he thought he should have won and that the team set out to show in the Oklahoma game that he should have won. First time I have actually heard him be somewhat self promotional. So makes you wonder if he's a little disingenuous with the "humility" tag he is given credit for displaying. Guess we should give him a break. He's 20 year old kid. Don't know him...so I won't try to read his heart...just saying what I heard.
This just sounds like frustration by not winning to me. He is a good kid (at my age, everyone is a kid, LOL).

This just sounds like frustration by not winning to me. He is a good kid (at my age, everyone is a kid, LOL).
FYI...Interview with Tebow aired Saturday before the game. Just to let you know.
Comments made were not made in frustration after last night's loss. Came across as a little arrogant and self serving. But yes...he's still a young kid and may not always say the right thing the right way.

First ever player to go 4K 1k
Kid is tough
Naty record for passing too and without top 2 recievers

I was impressed (flame away if u want)

He's absolutely phenomenal. Even Pollack said "Alabama's front-7 is the best I've ever seen, & Watson made them look average."

First ever player to go 4K 1k
Kid is tough
Naty record for passing too and without top 2 recievers

I was impressed (flame away if u want)

So what? No other starting QB in college history ever played so many games in a single season.

Tough? Given the clemson 'history' for pharmaceuticals - who knows?

Which asterisk should be 'attached' to this 'record' you're touting ... the Maris v. Ruth 162-game vs. 154-game 61-homer vs. 60-homer asterisk or the 'steroid'-aided Mark McGuire/Barry Bonds v. Roger Maris asterisk?

All things being 'equal' nothing 'bout setting the 'record' you're crowing about is equal. I've seen golfers shoot 15-under in a single day ... but they played 36-holes that day.

Go salve your wounds elsewhere. clemson lost. The season's OVER. You 1) can't recover an onside kick; 2) can't cover a kickoff, and 3) finished 3rd behind 'Bama and Ohio State ... all things being 'equal'.

I'm thinking only injury gets in the way of a Heisman next year for Watson. That's the wildcard. He'll have all his weapons back plus a few more.

I'm thinking only injury gets in the way of a Heisman next year for Watson. That's the wildcard. He'll have all his weapons back plus a few more.

Apparently you didn't watch the Rose Bowl. That Stanford kid is the best player in America by a WIDE MARGIN. Watson's arguably the best QB returning but he's nowhere near the player Stanford's all-purpose back is.

Apparently you didn't watch the Rose Bowl. That Stanford kid is the best player in America by a WIDE MARGIN. Watson's arguably the best QB returning but he's nowhere near the player Stanford's all-purpose back is.
Yes I did. As I said CU has all the weapons coming back. Stanford loses way too much.

I'll say it again. He would get killed in the SEC running around like that. He got a few hard hits last night and was clearly limping at one point. Didn't affect his ability to throw the ball, though. But he wouldn't make it through 8 games like that... unless he put on the muscle of a Cam Newton or Tim Tebow.

I'll say it again. He would get killed in the SEC running around like that. He got a few hard hits last night and was clearly limping at one point. Didn't affect his ability to throw the ball, though. But he wouldn't make it through 8 games like that... unless he put on the muscle of a Cam Newton or Tim Tebow.
And yet that means nothing. He plays in the ACC! He'll be a stat machine once again and play huge in the one or two big games they have. I'm not betting against him.

And yet that means nothing. He plays in the ACC! He'll be a stat machine once again and play huge in the one or two big games they have. I'm not betting against him.
Best recruiting tool ACC has. Why spend 3 years risking injury? Wait until you get to the NFL to play against NFL talent on defense.

The taters offense wouldn't be anything without Watson. Their OC has done a great job of building their offense around him. IF he can stay healthy he will likely be the Heisman front runner next year but I seriously doubt he makes it through an entire season again without injury.

I was being sarcastic guys. Deshaun Watson is going to tear college football a new a**hole next season as long as he stays healthy. The guy doesn't seem human sometimes.
Watson is responsible for most of the Tigers' success the past two years. He's been worth about 2-4 million to Dabo in salary raises so far. The kid is fun to watch and really impressed me last night with his toughness and courage. I already knew about his passing and running skills, and most importantly his game intelligence. If Watson is QB for any of the final top ten teams, they play in the NCG.

"DW4 is overrated. Couldn't win it when it counts." So where does that put all of ours when we've never played for it.

I'm impressed with how many classy Carolina fans (excluding SportsSuites) are giving credit to Watson. As Clemson fans did and still do with Lattimore, it's nice when opposing fans can appreciate talent and character.

I'm impressed with how many classy Carolina fans (excluding SportsSuites) are giving credit to Watson. As Clemson fans did and still do with Lattimore, it's nice when opposing fans can appreciate talent and character.
Well, Watson is a very special player and athlete, reminds me of Flutie or Staubach, because he's a much better passer than Cam or Tebow in college. If it's really true that Chad Morris is chiefly responsible for his being at Clemson, then Dabo needs to send old Chad a nice, fat bonus check. He could probably use it at SMU lol!

It would be delusional not to see how good he is. Like many have said he is the best I have seen in a while. I think he is a better passer than Cam was in college. Cam has gotten better in the pros but Watson is an outstanding passer now. Luckily we will only see him one more year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT